DLC now up (and new pack as well)

It is, but perhaps the fact that Lucina is the most important and plot relevant of the children helps to balance that; at the very least, she is the only one that MaAvatar can't speak with...it may not be worth much to most but it is to me of course...

Wait, if you play as male Avatar, you can't talk to Lucina in FoD3?

...well, I guess that only makes sense... since she is still one of the children and male Avatar isn't of any kind of relation to her.

Agreed, I was actually just having this issue last night since I planned to keep Chrom/Sumia together so I could look at more options for Female Avatar, except it's actually rather difficult. Chrom is the only character to who has a sibling for Morgan, and the two have a super-strong connection (even Lucina is surprised they never get married if you choose that route). Considering all of that, the rest pales in comparison.

Ahahaha, of course. In all honesty, all the lines that Chrom and Avatar has are kinda... well, at least to me, if you use them to someone else not your spouse, it's kinda awkward. Even for male Avatar, it's total bromance. In my eyes.

I wouldn't have it any other way for Chrom anyway. The only other option for Chrom is Olivia but I'd be stealing Olivia for male Avatar so...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall, after reinforcements stop, Grima Morgan (M) starts moving and so do the rest of the enemies that are just standing there the whole time and are still alive.

Whaaat. Guess I have to decide between conversations and chests... Are the chests worthwhile?

(Also why does nowhere in the game sell keys so annoying)

Whaaat. Guess I have to decide between conversations and chests... Are the chests worthwhile?

you could just leave the enemies trapping the kids alone (as long as they can tank unpromoted enemies)

And then Snipers and Sorcerors and Generals show up and ORKO them from a range. That's the entirety of my trouble with this map, assuming I don't need whatever's in the chests.

What I've done is memorize the reinforcement patterns and cover up the stairs for when they show up, especially ones close to Noire. Because you're right, Noire gets ORKO'd from Sages no matter what, unless Tomebreaker saves her. She can survive a Mire hit though.

And Generals don't show up via Reinforcements.

Generals show up at the start of the map able to gang up on Nah.

And I was going to do that, but with no access to Door Keys, like, ANYWHERE, I pretty much rely on Tricksters coming in to open the doors <_<"

The doors open up by themselves at turn 7.

You go kill the generals and the archers first. I would recommend sending some characters with galeforce to deal with them. Have one unit stand against the wall where the children are so the enemies can attack them with ranged weapons like Spears and/or Tomahawks.

Personally, I ended up getting four Galeforce users to rush the Generals and Snipers. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone can 100% clear the map without the use of Galeforce. I'd stay it's actually impossible without it.

Personally, I ended up getting four Galeforce users to rush the Generals and Snipers. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone can 100% clear the map without the use of Galeforce. I'd stay it's actually impossible without it.

It's really possible. Instead of pairing up, you'll have to make every unit fight by themselves or stand next to each other for some bonuses. Oh and they'll have to be strong enough to kill the enemies or injure them enough for other weaker units to kill them.

Most of my units were maxed out, so I didn't have too much of a tough time, but when enemies are swarming up to turn 7 like cockroaches its very hard not to utilize Galeforce and expect to get rid of all the children's threats. I only had two users (Female Avatar and Sumia) but even with it it wasn't easy; especially since Morgan starting to move took me completely by surprise and in the opposite direction of my Avatar, who was waiting at the edge of his range until I had spoken to all of the children. I think it was just the fact that I wanted 100% completion (including the chests; I managed to get them but only got two Superior weapons out of it) that makes it so difficult.

And question: is it true that the stats of the children are decided at the beginning of the chapter? Because my peeps were close to being maxed, and while the stats were ok, they only had enough before they could've been 3HKO....which I expected to be better in all honestly...

Most of my units were maxed out, so I didn't have too much of a tough time, but when enemies are swarming up to turn 7 like cockroaches its very hard not to utilize Galeforce and expect to get rid of all the children's threats. I only had two users (Female Avatar and Sumia) but even with it it wasn't easy; especially since Morgan starting to move took me completely by surprise and in the opposite direction of my Avatar, who was waiting at the edge of his range until I had spoken to all of the children. I think it was just the fact that I wanted 100% completion (including the chests; I managed to get them but only got two Superior weapons out of it) that makes it so difficult.

And question: is it true that the stats of the children are decided at the beginning of the chapter? Because my peeps were close to being maxed, and while the stats were ok, they only had enough before they could've been 3HKO....which I expected to be better in all honestly...

Well, even with maxed out units, on Lunatic/Lunatic+ the enemies are pretty hard to beat without pairing up. Especially those Generals since they have high Def. I did a 100% completion on the whole map, but it was really tough though. Took me a couple of tries to get things right. I still need to level up some of the parents because they could barely do any damage to the enemies.

The children's skills and stats are determined by the parents' current stats. Just like when you're recruiting the children in the paralogues.

Edited by Linkmstr

It's decided, but it's not permanent. You can change their skills by reordering your list and they'll inherit the last skill on it once you repeat the chapter.

And yeah, even with maxed parents, the children are still very weak to enemies outside of the room. The max stats just makes sure they can at the very least take a hit.

Edited by HeroMystic

I didn't even get to get any of the chests on either of my runs.... Like you said, the moving of Grima Morgan took me by surprise again. I think I was also not really paying attention to turn counts.

And I believe the children's stats are based on their parents, like in their paralogues? Or is that just the skills... I would imagine that applies to stats too, considering people have been grinding the parents for this map too. I dunno though, since Nah's parents were the only ones who were trained... well, and Cynthia but I only used Sumia (not Frederick), and yet the others were able to survive. Well, Noire too because I cleared the bottom rubble quickly enough with Galeforce and pair-ups. Including the reinforcements. I dunno how well it'll manage on Hard mode though.

While you can't use Rescue, you can use Physic though. That's what I was doing with Kjelle for a bit and then I used it on Cynthia to keep Morgan occupied on Cynthia while I pushed Sully (who was with Sumia) over to Kjelle for the conversation. With Olivia (as a Bride).

Edit: lolol beaten.

Edited by Cordelia

They pretty much have the same things that the villages in the Lost Bloodlines and Yore maps, so in other words, anything from a Wind tome or Log to Aversa's Night. Your call.

I don't remember how I did the map that clearly, but I bumrushed Kjelle and Cynthia and Avatar/Chrom and Sumia/Henry north along with Sully and Donnel to clear out any survivors, then everyone else west (and I had Noire Galeforce her way over to herself as quickly as possible to get rid of a Sniper). I had Vaike unlock Nah's door on turn one. I plugged up the stairs near NPC Noire to prevent enemy Sages from spawning, then on turn two I had Cynthia unlock NPC Kjelle's door while moving the rest of that side north. Eventually I was able to get Noire and Cynthia's doors unlocked, and the Mire Sorcerer that spawned in the southwest (thankfully) couldn't hit NPC Noire thanks to Tomeslayer+Lucky Seven. On turn 5, I got both chests and got Morgan to fuck off after getting my last convo...I think it was Sumia/Cynthia?

...It's all really fuzzy in my memory at this point.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

....currently in the middle of training my Parent characters for FoD2.

I wish Gregor's speed growths were better :[

heh, I dumped 8 Energy Drops on Maribelle just because (Brady is a War Monk here, right?)

+5 strength on FoD2 (technically TFP2 now) for Brady, it's like a free Axefaire!

heh, I dumped 8 Energy Drops on Maribelle just because (Brady is a War Monk here, right?)

+5 strength on FoD2 (technically TFP2 now) for Brady, it's like a free Axefaire!

Are you serious, that Brady is a War Monk in FoD2? -__- well, now that's gonna be a bother...

What are all the other children's classes in the other FoD maps?

Are you serious, that Brady is a War Monk in FoD2? -__- well, now that's gonna be a bother...

What are all the other children's classes in the other FoD maps?

Swordmaster for Owain, Hero for Inigo, and Taguel for Yarne in FoD2, and NPC Gerome, Severa, Lucina, and Laurent are a Wyvern Lord, Hero, Great Lord and Sage.

from what I remember, Brady is unarmed in Future Past 2

ScreenShot2013-05-12at100632AM_zps5c413a

from what I remember, Brady is unarmed in Future Past 2

ScreenShot2013-05-12at100632AM_zps5c413a

Actually, him being a War Monk is slightly okay since he's unarmed. He's less squishy than a mage Brady. Slightly less squishy.

Have a generic version vs. Lunatic Mode badasses:

lolGenericBradyFoD2.png

I'd say his... ahem... future isn't very bright. maniacal-laugh.gif

lol

How silly