DLC now up (and new pack as well)

And since you're here, Rey, do enemies in these maps use illegal forges on hard mode?

I never played hard mode... at least past Chapter 5. Which I promptly deleted. I jumped straight from Normal to Lunatic.

So I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So it's a battle to survive ANNIHILATION until the doors open automatically. Sweet. Defense is my specialty!

And since you're here, Rey, do enemies in these maps use illegal forges on hard mode?

I never played hard mode... at least past Chapter 5. Which I promptly deleted. I jumped straight from Normal to Lunatic.

So I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to.

...Wow. socrazy.

Anyway, if you mean that every enemy has a forged weapon, then yes, yes they do. I'm gonna just...stay away from the FoD chapters on my Hard file for now.

wait, do they have it on Lunatic/Lunatic+? I dunno if there'd be any difference between the two really.

Edited by Cordelia

And it'd still take a while... unless their parents were trained well for them to survive.

Huh, you haven't played it yet or something?

nvm, I guess not. I could find out later? xD

It did take a while for me on Lunatic+/Classic file... I had like one pair of units guarding one part of every single wall so enemies with a ranged weapon can't attack the children easily... Except those annoying archers with Longbows, but they were easy to kill and there weren't that many... Except the enemies with Counter... they were annoying as well... >_>;;

Illegal forging everywhere. :3

I don't remember anything like that...

*checks*

Nope. Not in my Japanese copy.

Another bug, I guess... XP

Okay. So it's a battle to survive ANNIHILATION until the doors open automatically. Sweet. Defense is my specialty!

I deleted my Hard Mode save file after moving up to Lunatic/Lunatic+, but I would say that they will most likely have forged weapons in that DLC map in Hard. Well the forges in Hard won't be as bad as Lunatic/Lunatic+ which can make Illegal Forged Weapons. Like a Silver Axe to have Mt: 23 Hit: 85 Crit: 0 and/or a Killing Edge to have Mt: 17 Hit 110 Crit: 30...

Edited by Linkmstr

...Wow. socrazy.

Anyway, if you mean that every enemy has a forged weapon, then yes, yes they do. I'm gonna just...stay away from the FoD chapters on my Hard file for now.

wait, do they have it on Lunatic/Lunatic+? I dunno if there'd be any difference between the two really.

Yes, Lunatic/Lunatic+ will make illegal forged weapons a lot stronger than Hard.

...Wow. socrazy.

They do have forges on Hard mode, but they're not the forges that have been modified to have +8 Mt - the specific ones that I refer to as "illegal".

It did take a while for me on Lunatic+/Classic file... I had like one pair of units guarding one part of every single wall so enemies with a ranged weapon can't attack the children easily... Except those annoying archers with Longbows, but they were easy to kill and there weren't that many... Except the enemies with Counter... they were annoying as well... >_>;;

Illegal forging everywhere. :3

Another bug, I guess... XP

I deleted my Hard Mode save file after moving up to Lunatic/Lunatic+, but I would say that they will most likely have Illegal forged weapons in that DLC map in Hard. Well the illegal forges won't be as bad as Lunatic/Lunatic+ which can make a Silver Axe to have Mt: 23 Hit: 85 Crit: 0 and/or a Killing Edge to have Mt: 17 Hit 110 Crit: 30...

Actually, the forges on hard mode are legit.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I deleted my Hard Mode save file after moving up to Lunatic/Lunatic+, but I would say that they will most likely have Illegal forged weapons in that DLC map in Hard. Well the illegal forges won't be as bad as Lunatic/Lunatic+ which can make a Silver Axe to have Mt: 23 Hit: 85 Crit: 0 and/or a Killing Edge to have Mt: 17 Hit 110 Crit: 30...

Holy crap, I don't think I saw that on Hard... What counts as illegal forges anyway?

They do have forges on Hard mode, but they're not the forges that have been modified to have +8 Mt - the specific ones that I refer to as "illegal".

I...see. Well, looks like you found out on your own... but +8 might? You mean 8 more than usual?

Either way, my hard run won't be facing that map any time soon.

Edited by Cordelia

Holy crap, I don't think I saw that on Hard... What counts as illegal forges anyway?

I...see. Well, looks like you found out on your own... but +8 might? You mean 8 more than usual?

Either way, my hard run won't be facing that map any time soon.

That's the idea. Illegal forges are weapons that are impossibly forged (e.g. 15 MT Nosferatu).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Ah, well... It's been a while since I deleted my Hard/Classic file... I forgot... ;_;

I'll go edit my post right now... XP

Edited by Linkmstr

To note, I just completed the DLC after six hours spent on training Donnel/Nowi.

All the door automatically open after turn 10, but after that, reinforcements stop spewing out.

Correction to my post: It's the end of turn 7 when the doors open up. Reinforcements stop appearing on Turn 9.

Edited by HeroMystic

Correction to my post: It's Turn 7 when the doors open up. Reinforcements stop appearing on Turn 9.

If I recall, after reinforcements stop, Grima Morgan (M) starts moving and so do the rest of the enemies that are just standing there the whole time and are still alive.

If I recall, after reinforcements stop, Grima Morgan (M) starts moving and so do the rest of the enemies that are just standing there the whole time and are still alive.

Yup, he starts moving. I remember because I started flipping my shit when he did since the doors were open and he made a beeline for Cynthia. Thank god I managed to get Frederick there in time... -_-;

Correction to my post: It's Turn 7 when the doors open up. Reinforcements stop appearing on Turn 9.

YESZ

Oh noes!

Yup, he starts moving. I remember because I started flipping my shit when he did since the doors were open and he made a beeline for Cynthia. Thank god I managed to get Frederick there in time... -_-;

lol I was more freaked out about the reinforcements on my Lunatic+/Classic file. I was like "Craaaaaaaaaaaap!" and they almost killed Kjelle. Good thing she had high speed so the mages couldn't attack her twice, but she had low Res which wasn't good at all... Also, some enemies had the "Pass" skill and illegal forged ranged weapons like Spears and Tomahawks so I had to kill them first. And then the counter enemies weren't that tough to deal with except when more of them come out from the stairs and start being annoying... *siiiiiiiiiigh* In the end, I made Grima Morgan (M) flee after I put my avatar next to him to start a special "conversation" instead of fighting him. Because of how the map hints about placing blood relatives next to each other and from Serenes Forest's map description. Ah well, it was a pain and I will play it again just so I can fight Grima Morgan (M) and listen to the "Id: Hope" boss music track.

Edited by Linkmstr

I wouldn't know this. I've always killed or made Morgan surrender before he started moving on his own. XD

Morgan's pretty easy, even on Lunatic Mode. Then again, Avatar on my file is a Dread Fighter.

Hot Springs Scramble made me fall in love with Lucina completely. She is literally the sweetest person alive. Not only that but shes all "gimmie that yukata!" that was made for a dude (namely Chrom). And im all "fuck yes"

Such a damn shame FeMU doesn't get any conversations with the ally kids with the exception of ONE kid in FoD3... and that's if you marry Chrom.

Obviously FoD1 is also the exception because you can talk to the boss.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Such a damn shame FeMU doesn't get any conversations with the ally kids with the exception of ONE kid in FoD3... and that's if you marry Chrom.

Obviously FoD1 is also the exception because you can talk to the boss.

It is, but perhaps the fact that Lucina is the most important and plot relevant of the children helps to balance that; at the very least, she is the only one that MaAvatar can't speak with...it may not be worth much to most but it is to me of course...

Completely agreed. This is one reason I prefer playing as a male MU better than a female MU. I hate that I have to marry Chrom if I want two kids as a female, and I have better things to do than marry Chrom.

Completely agreed. This is one reason I prefer playing as a male MU better than a female MU. I hate that I have to marry Chrom if I want two kids as a female, and I have better things to do than marry Chrom.

On that note, it's harder for me to decide who I want to marry if I'm playing as a female avatar as opposed to a male... not that deciding who to marry as a male is easy either.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Which is why I advocate male characters getting children in the next FE should the marriage system return. It's not fair that only guys get to have two children with most everyone and gals get one fairly personality-bland child, besides the one huge exception (which I luckily enjoyed this time around but I still want more options...) :/

On that note, it's harder for me to decide who I want to marry if I'm playing as a female avatar as opposed to a male... not that deciding who to marry as a male is easy either.

Agreed, I was actually just having this issue last night since I planned to keep Chrom/Sumia together so I could look at more options for Female Avatar, except it's actually rather difficult. Chrom is the only character to who has a sibling for Morgan, and the two have a super-strong connection (even Lucina is surprised they never get married if you choose that route). Considering all of that, the rest pales in comparison.

It is, but perhaps the fact that Lucina is the most important and plot relevant of the children helps to balance that; at the very least, she is the only one that MaAvatar can't speak with...it may not be worth much to most but it is to me of course...

Yeah, this is more or less my feeling about it; I've seen a translation of that convo, and it is really touching (and hopefully the translators don't botch it).

Agreed, I was actually just having this issue last night since I planned to keep Chrom/Sumia together so I could look at more options for Female Avatar, except it's actually rather difficult. Chrom is the only character to who has a sibling for Morgan, and the two have a super-strong connection (even Lucina is surprised they never get married if you choose that route). Considering all of that, the rest pales in comparison.

for added measure, she even stalks a female Avatar that isn't her mom and is like "DON'T YOU DARE SEDUCE MY FATHER" and then she's like "HOW DARE YOU NOT BE IN LOVE WITH THE GREATEST DAD OF ALL TIME"

she's still nuts

...just a more subdued kind of nuts compared to the rest of the kids

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter