Currently on FINAL CHAPTER of my first ever run of FE4; any last minute advice?

The good news is that with two one exception, there's generic enemies on the throne, so if Seliph reaches the throne, you win. The bad news is it means all the superbosses are mobile.

First castle doesn't have anything difficult, as long as Celice has Tyrfing equipped he's immune to staves, so he can slip behind enemy lines without needing a restorer. The second castle has a boss that hurts, but Shanan laughs at him. Third castle nothing difficult as long as you don't get swarmed.

For the endgame;

Make sure you warp Shanan and Altenna back to the base. Shanan isn't necessary, just insurance, so you can keep him up top.

Have Sety and Lachesis's kids at the front lines, they'll be extremely useful.

If you have a Sleep/Silence staff handy, put it on your unit with the highest mag.

Seliph having a Hero Sword may be helpful, for enemies that can take a Tyrfing hit.

Good luck!

Edited by Huck Finn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, Chapter 10 being long? I seem to recall it being a fairly average chapter, perhaps leaning towards short. Two quick castles, a third fairly quick one, and then a big battle for the fourth.

Arvis is a lot more fun if you take him down while Seliph gets the Tyrfing. Then you have to rely on Forseti, Balmung, Yewfelle and Mistletainn as your main weapons, and often need to do hit-run-heal tactics, which is a lot more interesting than lol Tyrfing. Also means Seliph can sieze as soon as he gets back, or deliver the final blow if you prefer that.

Supposedly there's a hidden Life Ring at the end of that chapter if Seliph waits 'next to water'. I've tried every beach tile north of the bridge on two seperate playthrough though and never got it, so it's either a false rumour, or there's some extra criteria to getting it. Probably having Seliph fight Arvis, I guess?

Yeah sleep staves have 100% hit, but can only hit targets if the casters MAG exceeds the victims RES. So just keep an eye out for them and you should be fine.

Edda castle is protected by a huge wad of mages of various description. That'd be a challenge, were it not for the fact that you just got the Tyrfing. There's some sleep stave dark mages around your start position, but they aren't hard to take out with ranged units/Fee/Altena. Later on there'll be a big group of them, those ones might be worth taking out before siezing the relevant castle.

Oh and there's two kind of recruitable characters on this chapter. Both are dangerous, but try not to kill them, work around them. I'm sure you can work out what to do.

I have confidence in you for the first part of this battle, that being taking Edda and Dozel, but for the sake of it, leave some capable swordsmen at Chalphy for when the gate to Dozel opens... and maybe Shanan and/or Sety...

Moving along a bit, when you march on to Freege, surprise! ambush! but's not too bad, just don't have Fee nearby when it happens

Also, agreeing with the others that say warp Altenna back to Chalphy, for an extra ally... other than that, after you take Freege, it's a straight shot, with one more detour though, and this is the chapter where the 12 Dark Warlords make their FE debut, so cheers to that... as for the final boss... You know what to do.

Congrats on making it to the end, I'll likely congratulate you again when you complete the game. Good luck, you're almost done!

Two slightly off topic things: You hating Arvis is understandable, I pitied him though, going through all that trouble just for your hard work to blow up in your face, with your own child having a hand in it too, so it was kind of like a mercy killing. And the second is really a question, how bout that final chapter song?

Edited by Soledai

Supposedly there's a hidden Life Ring at the end of that chapter if Seliph waits 'next to water'. I've tried every beach tile north of the bridge on two seperate playthrough though and never got it, so it's either a false rumour, or there's some extra criteria to getting it. Probably having Seliph fight Arvis, I guess?

seliph has to kill arvis or it doesn't work

seliph has to kill arvis or it doesn't work

Makes sense. Would be nice if the site actually specified that, as well as the tile he has to wait on.

Still it's not like having an extra Life Ring for the final chapter is going to make much of a difference so eh.