Your Headcanon Pairings?

Okay, okay, okay. I'll re-rail us.

I know there was a poll about this sometime ago, but, favorite Lucina pairing, anyone? I distinctly remember Gerome x Lucina winning by a landslide.

My headcanon favorite pairing for her is having her tag along with Owain on his epic quest. And I don't necessary romantically ship them, it's more of a Heterosexual Life Partners sort-of deal. But, yeah. Life Companions for sure.

Although I cover my tracks a bit in-game by giving them their S-support and then giving them an opposite-gendered A support.

Although I do love Lucina x Brady. I can ship Naoto x Kanji without feeling like I'm cheating on my OTP.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was a poll about this sometime ago, but, favorite Lucina pairing, anyone? I distinctly remember Gerome x Lucina winning by a landslide.

My headcanon favorite pairing for her is having her tag along with Owain on his epic quest. And I don't necessary romantically ship them, it's more of a Heterosexual Life Partners sort-of deal. But, yeah. Life Companions for sure.

Although I cover my tracks a bit in-game by giving them their S-support and then giving them an opposite-gendered A support.

Although I do love Lucina x Brady. I can ship Naoto x Kanji without feeling like I'm cheating on my OTP.

Lucina = Naoto? OMFG :awesome:

what. what. what.

I like pairing Naoto with Yu. D< And Yu is NOT my self-insert. I just like creating harems.

But for Lucina, perhaps that's why the NA version changed Lucina/Owain S support to being companions than husband/wife. I wish they didn't do that... but... I guess... no, I don't see why. Though I personally would not marry my cousins, but that's also because my cousins treat me like shit so why would I even go that way myself. But either way, I don't think there's a law against cousins marriage? Is there? I'm not sure myself. Plus, remember this is the medieval times where people marry young and.... I don't think it's been uncommon in history where cousins marry.

The thing that would be wrong is that photoshopped picture of Lucina/Owain being married as siblings. Wrong as in the concept, but the image is hilarious as hell.

but sumia doesn't deserve love she's a terrible person and a scumbag friend to cordelia omg guyz srsly

are you being sarcastic? I hope you're being sarcastic/joking around. it's not Sumia's fault that Cordelia is so shamelessly in love with Chrom. Neither is it Chrom's fault.

what. what. what.

I like pairing Naoto with Yu. D< And Yu is NOT my self-insert. I just like creating harems.

But for Lucina, perhaps that's why the NA version changed Lucina/Owain S support to being companions than husband/wife. I wish they didn't do that... but... I guess... no, I don't see why. Though I personally would not marry my cousins, but that's also because my cousins treat me like shit so why would I even go that way myself. But either way, I don't think there's a law against cousins marriage? Is there? I'm not sure myself. Plus, remember this is the medieval times where people marry young and.... I don't think it's been uncommon in history where cousins marry.

The thing that would be wrong is that photoshopped picture of Lucina/Owain being married as siblings. Wrong as in the concept, but the image is hilarious as hell.

are you being sarcastic? I hope you're being sarcastic/joking around. it's not Sumia's fault that Cordelia is so shamelessly in love with Chrom. Neither is it Chrom's fault.

You ship it too...?

Naoto x Yu IS the OTP I don't want to cheat on. And exactly: they did that often in the time period they're mentioned to be in, so I'm not too bugged by it. It's historical. Even though I personally don't care for incestual pairings myself (and one of the fandoms I'm a part of loves it), I don't mind it here.

You ship it too...?

Naoto x Yu IS the OTP I don't want to cheat on. And exactly: they did that often in the time period they're mentioned to be in, so I'm not too bugged by it. It's historical. Even though I personally don't care for incestual pairings myself (and one of the fandoms I'm a part of loves it), I don't mind it here.

OHHH! Yes, I love those two... but I also love Yu/Rise so I'm cheating on my own pairing. P4G harem.

Exactly. Though cousins marriages aren't as bad/taboo as like, siblings marriages anyway... I dunno if siblings marriage happened in history, but even if it did, well, it's waaaay in the past.

I don't normally support pairings between family. FE corrupted me, I'd say.

- Chrom/Sumia (I think it's sweet how the brave leader and the clumsy yet hard-working girl get together. I didn't think their support was as shallow as "pies LOL").

​Nn, you're right. I just did a re-read of their support in my log and I was being quite unfair. For some reason, the only real thing that stuck to me were the pies D:

I think I was just expecting a whole lot more from their support. I mean, it's pretty cute. But given that Sumia's introduced by the game as /the/ girl to marry your Chrom to (Well, not really but you get what I mean right?) put a lot of expectations on their support.

And I guess it just fell flat for me :c

Lucina/Laurent

I ended up marrying my Lucina to Laurent too. Their personalities are quite... similar. I also found their S support to be rather sweet (if not abrupt. But then a lot of the S supports are pretty abrupt xD)

Edited by pinkbubblegum

- Chrom/Sumia (I think it's sweet how the brave leader and the clumsy yet hard-working girl get together. I didn't think their support was as shallow as "pies LOL").

Personally, I feel the same way.

FrederickxChrom, GaiusxLon'Qu, and DonnelxRicken are my favorite OTPs.

Canonly I like FrederickxCherche, SullyxVirion, MaribellexGaius, MirielxLon'Qu, TharjaxRicken, CordeliaxVaike, PannexStahl, LissaxKellam, SumiaxChrom, and DonnelxOlivia.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Yes, they are:

Fanboying.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

That guy who you got in an argument with takes "hate dumb" to a whole new level.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Actually, did Sumia EVEN KNOW that Cordelia like Chrom?

And why only Sumia gets the blame anyway?

It seems like Sumia is in love with Chrom from the beginning as well with the "Oh I can't wait to show it to Chrom" thingy,

and don't forget about she's worrying about Chrom too much in her introduction chapter which leads Lissa to tease her.

And we all know, Sumia is friend with Cordelia.

Just because Cordelia doesn't have a support with Chrom, Sumia's getting all the blame?

Then Cordelia should have to for being Sumia's friend and still liking Chrom.

But well, we don't know who like Chrom first. Sumia, or Cordelia.

Or we do?

..and did I miss something?

What did Sumia owe Cordelia for anyway? Her advice?

Edited by Fairlee

Actually, did Sumia EVEN KNOW that Cordelia like Chrom?

And why only Sumia gets the blame anyway?

It seems like Sumia is in love with Chrom from the beginning as well with the "Oh I can't wait to show it to Chrom" thingy,

and don't forget about she's worrying about Chrom too much in her introduction chapter which leads Lissa to tease her.

And we all know, Sumia is friend with Cordelia.

Just because Cordelia doesn't have a support with Chrom, Sumia's getting all the blame?

Then Cordelia should have to for being Sumia's friend and still liking Chrom.

But well, we don't know who like Chrom first. Sumia, or Cordelia.

Or we do?

..and did I miss something?

What did Sumia owe Cordelia for anyway? Her advice?

To the bolded: that can be taken as not being in love than just wanting to show your leader something you just found... It could be a close friend and not lovers. But of course, the part where she was constantly worrying about Chrom... I guess that can be one part. You could still worry about your captain. Still, there's nothing to argue about the fact that it can be pretty clear that Sumia has at least a crush on Chrom. at least in the beginning.

If Sumia knows Cordelia likes Chrom, I don't think we'd ever know. I thought I never got Sumia/Cordelia to A, but I guess I did... I dunno what advice Cordelia gives Sumia. In fact, their support shows that Cordelia's doesn't suit Sumia because Cordelia was telling Sumia not to rely on flower fortunes. But they never so much mentioned Chrom, so maybe Cordelia knows Sumia likes Chrom?

If it's anyone's fault for liking another person... it's the person who has the feelings. But honestly, it's no one's fault for liking/loving another person.

But this became a thing about Cordelia/Sumia looool. So... to give a little credit to Chrom/Sumia, I do like their special confession scene (at the end of Chapter 11) more than the ones you unlock in the Support menu. Maybe because there's more to the pies.

Also.. that's kinda sad that those fans make you wish the game was never localized. :(

Edited by Cordelia

And they're a well known GameFAQs member in the Awakening section.

I again reiterate "fans like that make me wish the game was never localized at all".

Hm, if the industry wouldn't localize games that they magically predicted to have fandumb, I wouldn't have Symphonia or HeartGold because of Colette and Lyra. Sad world.

All I care about the Gfaqs board is that the "Stupid Sexy Owain" trope in effect never ceases to amuse me.

Remember, I'm an elitist bastard because I import games. I say crap like that without actually meaning it because I know a lot of other good fans would also suffer. So, no, I don't really mean it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The bane of fandoms: there's stupidity somewhere.

I agree with this as well.

To the bolded: that can be taken as not being in love than just wanting to show your leader something you just found... It could be a close friend and not lovers. But of course, the part where she was constantly worrying about Chrom... I guess that can be one part. You could still worry about your captain. Still, there's nothing to argue about the fact that it can be pretty clear that Sumia has at least a crush on Chrom. at least in the beginning.

If Sumia knows Cordelia likes Chrom, I don't think we'd ever know. I thought I never got Sumia/Cordelia to A, but I guess I did... I dunno what advice Cordelia gives Sumia. In fact, their support shows that Cordelia's doesn't suit Sumia because Cordelia was telling Sumia not to rely on flower fortunes. But they never so much mentioned Chrom, so maybe Cordelia knows Sumia likes Chrom?

If it's anyone's fault for liking another person... it's the person who has the feelings. But honestly, it's no one's fault for liking/loving another person.

But this became a thing about Cordelia/Sumia looool. So... to give a little credit to Chrom/Sumia, I do like their special confession scene (at the end of Chapter 11) more than the ones you unlock in the Support menu. Maybe because there's more to the pies.

Also.. that's kinda sad that those fans make you wish the game was never localized. :(

I also like to thing it as giving item to the commander of the shepherd,

but somehow it's kinda strange having my Sumia married to Gaius then she talk about Chrom in item finding.

As weird as when Severa's recruitment talking about how Cordelia always Chrom here Chrom there.

(Although I always picky about Cordelia's support, I chose the one with the least Chrom and the one with Cordelia says that she love him and not just OK to the proposal itself.)

Somehow I feel pity for her husband. :(

Yeah it's too much pie to be romantic.

I'm quite regret that in my first run I hastily S-support Chrom Sumia.

and now I can't really support Chrom with anyone but Olivia. :(

Why not just wishing that they never play the game? It's quite a win win solution.

Chrom+FeMU

It sorta makes everything Chrom says in the story about the MU change slightly in meaning, and I wanted Chrom's head cannon marriage partner to be someone he really converses with in the story.Didnt to Sumia because I don't like Sumia very much and didnt enjoy the constant moments between the two. Sumia-Slap, Sumia-Stalk, and Miriel revealed Psuedo-Sumia events were pretty funny. This isn't even about the paring anymore...

Lissa+Lon'qu, Miriel+Vaike, Virion+Cherche, Maribelle+Ricken, Nowi+Gregor and Sully+Stahl

I had to make these my headcanon because of story-related conversations, and the last two because Cain/Abel and Cavalier buddies.

Henry+FeMU2

Tharja+Libra

Light/Dark, but that sorta changed once I actually read it...

Frederick+Sumia

I really like Frederick, so it irked me to marry him off to someone I disliked so much. However, it soon became my Headcanon when I realised how perfect it would be for him to be Cynthia's father.

Olivia+Donnel

Cordelia+Gaius

Panne+Kellam

MaMU+?

Undecided between him replacing Libra, or pairing him with Emm or Aversa.

I don't have a headcanon for kids... Yet

Edited by Saint

I also like to thing it as giving item to the commander of the shepherd,

but somehow it's kinda strange having my Sumia married to Gaius then she talk about Chrom in item finding.

As weird as when Severa's recruitment talking about how Cordelia always Chrom here Chrom there.

(Although I always picky about Cordelia's support, I chose the one with the least Chrom and the one with Cordelia says that she love him and not just OK to the proposal itself.)

Somehow I feel pity for her husband. :(

Yeah it's too much pie to be romantic.

I'm quite regret that in my first run I hastily S-support Chrom Sumia.

and now I can't really support Chrom with anyone but Olivia. :(

Why not just wishing that they never play the game? It's quite a win win solution.

Then you better not marry Cordelia to Frederick. That S support was... :V you'd feel a complete amount of pity for Frederick.

Well, if you ever wanna do Chrom/Sumia again, the scene is more romantic if you don't unlock Chrom/Sumia's supports and let them auto-marry at the end of Chapter 11 (after doing some paired-up battles). At least it was more romantic to me. >_>

...and that's coming from one who never does Chrom/Sumia on my main runs... but it's better than his other candidates not female Avatar. And Olivia is Male Avatar's waifu.

Edit: Ohhh, thank you for putting this thread back on track, Saint! Yay, and I love your post too. Add in male Avatar + Olivia for headcanon.

Sully/Stahl concept is cute... even if I personally hate Sully. u_u

Edited by Cordelia

And they're a well known GameFAQs member in the Awakening section.

I again reiterate "fans like that make me wish the game was never localized at all".

Hahaha

You never seen his stuff on Super Robot Wars boards

Then you better not marry Cordelia to Frederick. That S support was... :V you'd feel a complete amount of pity for Frederick.

:D with Frederick x Cherche as my headcanon, it won't happen.

I DO love having Gerome being Lucina's knight. \( ^ o ^ )/

My Cordelia is with Lon'qu. She DID mention she love him in S Support so..

Rather than MaleMU, it's more like Olivia is Rey waifu.

--

It does seem like everyone always pair their most favorite character with their MU.

I beg to differ tough, not sure why, maybe because I find most of the MU's support are quite bland..

Edited by Fairlee

:D with Frederick x Cherche as my headcanon, it won't happen.

I DO love having Gerome being Lucina's knight. \( ^ o ^ )/

My Cordelia is with Lon'qu. She DID mention she love him in S Support so..

Rather than MaleMU, it's more like Olivia is Rey waifu.

--

It does seem like everyone always pair their most favorite character with their MU.

I beg to differ tough, not sure why, maybe because I find most of the MU's support are quite bland..

That's good... Don't let the game pull at your heart. D:

And that's true, I forgot that about Olivia.

Well, I don't really consider MU/Avatar as a self-insert though, but I guess I do it because... of the storyline and the dialogue has more meaning when I marry Chrom and female Avatar. Of course, I have a male run and everything said between them is just... um... that bromance is strong. But that's for male Avatar, he has better support conversations with Chrom than the female IMO... which is why I didn't bother unlocking the female's and read the Chapter 11 confession. That was sweeter.

So I guess if we exclude Avatar... I still kinda stick with Chrom/Olivia or Chrom/Sumia. I know I said the first already, but then I guess it kinda makes more sense if it's not Olivia because they just met... it's like that comic SoC posted lolol.