Am I the only guy who likes Brom?

I've decided that in honor of this topic I'm going to do a playthrough using these units (one from each part)

Part 1: Edward (Naturally)

Part 2: Brom!!

Part 3: Haar/Ike/Mordecai other than Ike they aren't always around and show up sooner though...

Part 4: Naesala

It will be fun!

Awesome! Good luck!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother is probably the only other person I know who loves Brom. On his first PoR playthrough his Brom ended up as a God. Maxed speed and luck and everything else except resistance. Didn't even use stat-boosters. He was pretty crazy for endgame, I just had to watch him play through it. I bet Brom could have solo-ed it.

My brother is probably the only other person I know who loves Brom. On his first PoR playthrough his Brom ended up as a God. Maxed speed and luck and everything else except resistance. Didn't even use stat-boosters. He was pretty crazy for endgame, I just had to watch him play through it. I bet Brom could have solo-ed it.

That's what happens to my Brom a lot. I try not to use too many stat boosters because I know others (like Micaiah) need them more, but even then he's always good.

That's what happens to my Brom a lot. I try not to use too many stat boosters because I know others (like Micaiah) need them more, but even then he's always good.

Which is what happens with my Edward's... the one time I managed to get Brom in third tier he wasn't as good as Gatrie or Tauroneo... although that's mainly because they both doubled like everything, loleasy mode, and he didn't...

Out of curiosity, what difficulty do you usually play on?

Which is what happens with my Edward's... the one time I managed to get Brom in third tier he wasn't as good as Gatrie or Tauroneo... although that's mainly because they both doubled like everything, loleasy mode, and he didn't...

Really? He doubled a lot for me, at least up until around the end of the third part.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty do you usually play on?

Normal is my preferred difficulty.

I'm on Meg fan. Honestly, I don't like Brom because he's kinda ugly. It's his nose.

Well, it does fit the rest of his portly body :P:

Really? He doubled a lot for me, at least up until around the end of the third part.

The problem being that I didn't give him favoritism... same reason that your Edward's weren't that great... He went Marshall around 3-9ish and that was kind of late.

Tibarn is good too lol, I just prefer Caineghis :P:

It's sad because all of the royals (except Nailah) are among my favorite characters so I want to bring them all to Endgame but I feel cheap doing so... I also feel bad towards my units that aren't Edward and Zihark who have an instant place on my team.

One of my favorite characters in Tellius is Calill. While she has some unique niches and kicks plenty of ass after giving her sufficient favoritism, most people find Soren a lot easier to use, I imagine, if they're looking for just one Arch Sage.

Same with Brom. Sure you can use him, and if you favor him enough he'll probably do better, but Gatrie is arguably a lot more convenient to use. And Gatrie's stat growth distribution is pretty delicious by comparison. Plus, if I just wanted a tank, for some of the chapters Brom is in where Gatrie isn't available yet, Mordecai is insanely tankier.

As a character, I'm largely indifferent to him though. Family man characters are pretty rare though, so he's pretty cool on that front I suppose.

Edited by Sublime Manic

It's sad because all of the royals (except Nailah) are among my favorite characters so I want to bring them all to Endgame but I feel cheap doing so... I also feel bad towards my units that aren't Edward and Zihark who have an instant place on my team.

Eh, I never really feel that way. I always bring Caineghis, Tibarn, and Naesala, then of course Brom, and then the other units I bring are the ones I had decided early on to train for Endgame. And then of course all the required characters.

One of my favorite characters in Tellius is Calill. While she has some unique niches and kicks plenty of ass after giving her sufficient favoritism, most people find Soren a lot easier to use, I imagine, if they're looking for just one Arch Sage.

Same with Brom. Sure you can use him, and if you favor him enough he'll probably do better, but Gatrie is arguably a lot more convenient to use. And Gatrie's stat growth distribution is pretty delicious by comparison. Plus, if I just wanted a tank, for some of the chapters Brom is in where Gatrie isn't available yet, Mordecai is insanely tankier.

As a character, I'm largely indifferent to him though. Family man characters are pretty rare though, so he's pretty cool on that front I suppose.

The only reason I never really use Mordecai is because he eventually shifts back just like all the other laguz non-royals, so Brom is more convenient to tank, at least in my opinion.

Mordecai shifting back isn't that big of a problem...

It's actually okay to have him untransformed if you give him Resolve (which he's like the best unit for) so he can actually lose health..

Mordecai shifting back isn't that big of a problem...

It's actually okay to have him untransformed if you give him Resolve (which he's like the best unit for) so he can actually lose health..

It usually poses a problem for me, the laguz always end up dying on me when they're untransformed. Deaths are a no-no in my playthroughs.

It usually poses a problem for me, the laguz always end up dying on me when they're untransformed. Deaths are a no-no in my playthroughs.

Resolve and good strategy are all you need. Mordecai+Resolve never dies when transformed and Olivi grass make it easy to stay transformed.

I still remember my hard mode playthrough where I didn't use him at all until part 4 and then accidentally fielded him for Chapter 2... he took no damage from physical enemies while transformed... he's just that durable.

Resolve and good strategy are all you need. Mordecai+Resolve never dies when transformed and Olivi grass make it easy to stay transformed.

I still remember my hard mode playthrough where I didn't use him at all until part 4 and then accidentally fielded him for Chapter 2... he took no damage from physical enemies while transformed... he's just that durable.

Eh... Maybe I'll try him sometime. *Shrugs* Just not a big fan of non-royal laguz.

Eh... Maybe I'll try him sometime. *Shrugs* Just not a big fan of non-royal laguz.

Olivi grass is like literally the most common "rare" item... it's sold almost every Part 3 chapter...

I can understand you not liking them though...

This game throws so much stuff at you to keep Laguz transformed so long as you aren't trying to use them all I've never had a problem with it.

But even without transforming, Mordecai has what, 57 HP and 16 Defense? That's a whopping 21 HP lead over Brom's base, in exchange for 5 Defense untransformed (which, transformed, puts Mordecai ahead by 11 points of Defense). If Brom isn't dying, I can't imagine Mordecai would be. Transformed or not.

This game throws so much stuff at you to keep Laguz transformed so long as you aren't trying to use them all I've never had a problem with it.

But even without transforming, Mordecai has what, 57 HP and 16 Defense? That's a whopping 21 HP lead over Brom's base, in exchange for 5 Defense untransformed (which, transformed, puts Mordecai ahead by 11 points of Defense). If Brom isn't dying, I can't imagine Mordecai would be. Transformed or not.

To be fair Mordecai should be transformed which makes him (Brom) level a good deal faster.

Edited by bearclaw13

Supposing Mordy is transformed, though, it'll be a good long while before Brom catches up with those base stats he's competing with. Like… Brom has to become a Marshall before he breaks Mordecai's base defense transformed I'm pretty sure.

Of course, the lack of 1-2 range and fire weakness hurt, but no unit has everything.