Am I the only guy who likes Brom?

Olivi grass is like literally the most common "rare" item... it's sold almost every Part 3 chapter...

I can understand you not liking them though...

If I have the funds :P:

This game throws so much stuff at you to keep Laguz transformed so long as you aren't trying to use them all I've never had a problem with it.

But even without transforming, Mordecai has what, 57 HP and 16 Defense? That's a whopping 21 HP lead over Brom's base, in exchange for 5 Defense untransformed (which, transformed, puts Mordecai ahead by 11 points of Defense). If Brom isn't dying, I can't imagine Mordecai would be. Transformed or not.

That might be my problem, when I have Nealuchi and Mordecai I usually try to use them both if I try at all.

To be fair Mordecai should be transformed which makes him (Brom) level a good deal faster.

Yeah, that pretty much is always the case.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposing Mordy is transformed, though, it'll be a good long while before Brom catches up with those base stats he's competing with. Likeā€¦ Brom has to become a Marshall before he breaks Mordecai's base defense transformed I'm pretty sure.

Of course, the lack of 1-2 range and fire weakness hurt, but no unit has everything.

Yeah... Mordecai is pretty amazing... he's actually able to take an Ire (from Dheghinsea) to the face and survive on hard with leveling.

Considering it's 8 use and you have plenty of money from the DB and CRKs you should be able to afford grass.

That might be my problem, when I have Nealuchi and Mordecai I usually try to use them both if I try at all.

Nealuchi has horrid availability but he's actually okay overall.

Yeah, that pretty much is always the case.

... Mordecai levels pretty fast for a laguz... Brom will actually level slower pretty quickly if you use him (Brom) intensely.

The way I see it, if you buy your beorc units weapons, it shouldn't be a problem to buy Olivi Grass for the laguz if you're using any.

Definitely not trying to imply people should be using Mordecai instead of Brom, either. But if someone is just using whatever is most convenient at the time, Mordecai has some pretty big selling points over Brom in the chapters where you're forced to use both, and after that, Gatrie's around who is generally much more convenient to use as well. But if it's fun for you to use Brom as I imagine it is, all the more power to you!

Yeah... Mordecai is pretty amazing... he's actually able to take an Ire (from Dheghinsea) to the face and survive on hard with leveling.

Considering it's 8 use and you have plenty of money from the DB and CRKs you should be able to afford grass.

Nealuchi has horrid availability but he's actually okay overall.

... Mordecai levels pretty fast for a laguz... Brom will actually level slower pretty quickly if you use him (Brom) intensely.

I don't think the money from the DB carries over? And I usually spend the money from the CRKs on extra weaponry for later on.

Doesn't he have the same number of levels Mordecai had, though? Unless I'm remembering wrong...

You have to take into account BEXP :P:

The way I see it, if you buy your beorc units weapons, it shouldn't be a problem to buy Olivi Grass for the laguz if you're using any.

Definitely not trying to imply people should be using Mordecai instead of Brom, either. But if someone is just using whatever is most convenient at the time, Mordecai has some pretty big selling points over Brom in the chapters where you're forced to use both, and after that, Gatrie's around who is generally much more convenient to use as well. But if it's fun for you to use Brom as I imagine it is, all the more power to you!

Sometimes I think I buy too many beorc weapons... But whenever I think "I have enough" I run out, and whenever I think "I need some more" I get too many. Balancing isn't a strong point of mine, unfortunately.

I use whoever is my favorite of those I'm allowed to use in whatever chapter it happens to be :D:

I don't remember any chapters where you're forced to use Mordecai? Except maybe his joining chapter?

I don't think the money from the DB carries over? And I usually spend the money from the CRKs on extra weaponry for later on.

Doesn't he have the same number of levels Mordecai had, though? Unless I'm remembering wrong...

You have to take into account BEXP :P:

Ilyana can ferry over some gems and stuff to sell for cash.

No Mordecai levels like 20/12 beorc so he starts slower but will be around the same speed (of leveling) In part 3.

BEXP works Mordecai like a level 32 unit and Brom like level 21 unit at base Brom will have leveled up before BEXP though so idk.

Sometimes I think I buy too many beorc weapons... But whenever I think "I have enough" I run out, and whenever I think "I need some more" I get too many. Balancing isn't a strong point of mine, unfortunately.

I use whoever is my favorite of those I'm allowed to use in whatever chapter it happens to be :D:

I don't remember any chapters where you're forced to use Mordecai? Except maybe his joining chapter?

Too many beorc weapons is sad. Transferring items gives you the money too stock up and stuff though! (I typically stock up on the chapter with the Silver Card...)

That works

His join yes. After that though he remains one of your best units.

Of the three chapters Brom is in before Gatrie shows up, I'm pretty sure Mordecai is in two of them. He's required for one and not required for 2-E, but neither is Brom. Pretty sure everyone can be deployed in that one, though.

As for managing funds, all I'll say is it's unfair to judge laguz to the same standard as beorc if you're giving beorc the resources they need to do well and not doing the same for the laguz.

Of the three chapters Brom is in before Gatrie shows up, I'm pretty sure Mordecai is in two of them. He's required for one and not required for 2-E, but neither is Brom. Pretty sure everyone can be deployed in that one, though.

As for managing funds, all I'll say is it's unfair to judge laguz to the same standard as beorc if you're giving beorc the resources they need to do well and not doing the same for the laguz.

I'm pretty sure Brom is required for the Endgame? I could be wrong, though, I don't remember for 100% certainty. I thought both he and Nephenee were required.

I buy more beorc things because I always bring royal laguz into the Endgame, and they can stay transformed indefinitely, so I had never thought it necessary to buy things for the other laguz. But all this stuff is seriously making me want to try out Mordecai.

Yeah you only hav to use Mordecai in his joining chapter. In my latest playthrough I'm not using any Laguz besides royals. In my playthrough before it, I trained Lyre, Mordecai, and Ranulf only to bench them come endgame. I had to baby Lyre and give her stat boosters, but she couldn't kill. I loved Mordecai's massive HP. Ranulf was fantastic as long as he was transformed.

I like to save my money, so I only buy weapons of my characters really need them.

As for Brom, I really like his personality! I used him in part 2, but in part 3 Gatrie was just better.

I really wish that the stat gaps from units between parts wasn't so large.

I'm pretty sure Brom is required for the Endgame? I could be wrong, though, I don't remember for 100% certainty. I thought both he and Nephenee were required.

I buy more beorc things because I always bring royal laguz into the Endgame, and they can stay transformed indefinitely, so I had never thought it necessary to buy things for the other laguz. But all this stuff is seriously making me want to try out Mordecai.

Brom and Nephenee are not required.

Yeah, Mordecai is probably the best Laguz... who cares about anything else when you're the most durable character in the game?

The only person required for 2-E is Elincia. And the CRK people that just show up since you can't control that. You can field everyone available though, so there's no reason not to.

They made laguz a lot easier to use in RD, in my opinion. And some of them are really good, so I definitely recommend trying a couple of them out! I'm particularly fond of using Volug and Ulki.

Edited by Sublime Manic

Yeah you only hav to use Mordecai in his joining chapter. In my latest playthrough I'm not using any Laguz besides royals. In my playthrough before it, I trained Lyre, Mordecai, and Ranulf only to bench them come endgame. I had to baby Lyre and give her stat boosters, but she couldn't kill. I loved Mordecai's massive HP. Ranulf was fantastic as long as he was transformed.

I like to save my money, so I only buy weapons of my characters really need them.

As for Brom, I really like his personality! I used him in part 2, but in part 3 Gatrie was just better.

I really wish that the stat gaps from units between parts wasn't so large.

I need to do that...

YES!

ANOTHER YES!

Brom and Nephenee are not required.

Yeah, Mordecai is probably the best Laguz... who cares about anything else when you're the most durable character in the game?

Are you positive? On the Fire Emblem Wiki, it lists him as required.

Is he really THAT durable?

The only person required for 2-E is Elincia. And the CRK people that just show up since you can't control that. You can field everyone available though, so there's no reason not to.

They made laguz a lot easier to use I RD, in my opinion. And some of them are really good, so I definitely recommend trying a couple of them out! I'm particularly fond of using Volug and Ulki.

Yeah I'm gonna try Mordecai in my next playthrough and see how it goes.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Is he really THAT durable?

With leveling, yes! He has a water support for plus two defense so with any support and at his defense cap (which happens at level 30 according to the site) he has 46 defense!

That means level 30 Mordy has more defense than base Caineghis! He also has good availability to make use of his durability!

And Reolve lets him double and 1-round! He's one of the best units in the game...

With leveling, yes! He has a water support for plus two defense so with any support and at his defense cap (which happens at level 30 according to the site) he has 46 defense!

That means level 30 Mordy has more defense than base Caineghis! He also has good availability to make use of his durability!

And Reolve lets him double and 1-round! He's one of the best units in the game...

Dang... Well, now it's official, I'm using him.

The wiki is so full of misinformation and bias it can be appalling.

The laguz royals mop the floor with everything but so many of them have such poor availability. If you find using laguz enjoyable, it's definitely worth using non-royal laguz, too.

The wiki is so full of misinformation and bias it can be appalling.

The laguz royals mop the floor with everything but so many of them have such poor availability. If you find using laguz enjoyable, it's definitely worth using non-royal laguz, too.

Well I guess I'll stop using it then lol

That is sadly true... But I guess that's the price they pay for how much butt they kick!

Yes, you are completely unique, the only person who likes Brom.

But really, I think he just doesn't stand out much since everything about him is pretty average. His personality is a bit bland but not non-existent, he's average at best in combat in both games, and he's not a cute girl*. As a result, he's just the kind of character people don't think of much.

*It also hurts his case to always be seen with Nephenee, a cute girl. She's also better than him in both games.

so he's Stahl before Stahl actually existed?

nice

Brom stands for.

Brutal,

Rocking

Ownage

Machine.

And I love the guy.

He owns shit to death.

What others say about him is just wrong.

Brom rocks!

Edited by Silith