Am I the only guy who likes Brom?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a lot easier to train than Brom... doubling is amazing and he dodges really well once he gets going.

I'd have to disagree with that. I couldn't rely on Edward for much at all, he stopped doubling when I got him back in Part 3 and I couldn't feed him enough kills to get him leveled enough.

I'd have to disagree with that. I couldn't rely on Edward for much at all, he stopped doubling when I got him back in Part 3 and I couldn't feed him enough kills to get him leveled enough.

Really? I've never had any troubles with him doubling and he's normally a bit behind his average for me...

In my particular NM experiences, I always end up benching Edward halfway through Part 1 because he just can't frontline like Nolan/Aran/Volug can. He can get crazy good with his growths, but I remember just sticking him with a Wind Edge for chip by 1-5.

Plus Zihark is essentially better Eddy for a good chunk of Part 1 anyhow. I can't say that my personal experiences can vouch for the character as a whole, but I can definitely see Edward losing his usefulness as the difficulty levels rise.

In my particular NM experiences, I always end up benching Edward halfway through Part 1 because he just can't frontline like Nolan/Aran/Volug can. He can get crazy good with his growths, but I remember just sticking him with a Wind Edge for chip by 1-5.

Plus Zihark is essentially better Eddy for a good chunk of Part 1 anyhow. I can't say that my personal experiences can vouch for the character as a whole, but I can definitely see Edward losing his usefulness as the difficulty levels rise.

Edward's growths typically counterbalance Zihark' s start. Zihark' s bases are going to be behind an Edward that's at level 3 as a swordmaster except for like resistance.

Zihark' s only leads are affinity and his innate skill... That said I love SMs I use both and have never not brought both to endgame...

But who's realistically going to get Edward to be a Swordmaster by the time Zihark arrives?

No one but Edward levels a good deal faster and will have caught up pretty easily by the time he promotes, unless he's promoting late and Zihark is getting favoritism.

Really? I've never had any troubles with him doubling and he's normally a bit behind his average for me...

Yeah. I never got him to do much. I tried weakening units with other characters and then have him come in for the kill, but it didn't help very much.

I definitely like Brom, but he really doesn't stand out much as a unit. I use him once in a while as a novelty unit.

A novelty unit? *Confused* Never heard that term before. You mean like, you use him until someone else comes along?

But who's realistically going to get Edward to be a Swordmaster by the time Zihark arrives?

I got Edward to Swordmaster at the end of the Part 1 Endgame, I've never done it any sooner.

Yeah. I never got him to do much. I tried weakening units with other characters and then have him come in for the kill, but it didn't help very much.

I got Edward to Swordmaster at the end of the Part 1 Endgame, I've never done it any sooner.

Your problem here is that units should be promoting much sooner...

Your problem here is that units should be promoting much sooner...

How would I do that, though? They really don't give you a lot of time to train the Dawn Brigade. And in my last playthrough, I pretty much favored Edward, Micaiah, and Sothe the whole time, since I knew Micaiah and Sothe were required and I really wanted to use Edward as my Trueblade.

How would I do that, though? They really don't give you a lot of time to train the Dawn Brigade. And in my last playthrough, I pretty much favored Edward, Micaiah, and Sothe the whole time, since I knew Micaiah and Sothe were required and I really wanted to use Edward as my Trueblade.

I always manage to promote Edward and Nolan by 1-7... maybe use Sothe less? My main strategy was hanging out and using Paragon+Sacrifice to level her a lot...

I always manage to promote Edward and Nolan by 1-7... maybe use Sothe less? My main strategy was hanging out and using Paragon+Sacrifice to level her a lot...

Maybe... I'll have to try it sometime. I'd really like to use Edward, Nolan, and Leonardo more and see how they do late in the game.

But, anyway, back on topic, Brom is awesome. :D:

Maybe... I'll have to try it sometime. I'd really like to use Edward, Nolan, and Leonardo more and see how they do late in the game.

But, anyway, back on topic, Brom is awesome. :D:

Leonardo isn't great you already have Rolf and Shinon for Marksmans and he isn't as good. Edward and Zihark are both better than Mia when trained but they're harder to train. Nolan always gets cursed for me..

I've only used Brom seriously a few times because I'm already training Haar, Mordecai and Nealuchi. He's got amazing defense but I just like Mordecai better... and Haar's Haar, like the only unit who joins the GMs and is better than most of them...

Brom has a great character though! He's better than Nephene imo but wtv.

Leonardo isn't great you already have Rolf and Shinon for Marksmans and he isn't as good. Edward and Zihark are both better than Mia when trained but they're harder to train. Nolan always gets cursed for me..

I've only used Brom seriously a few times because I'm already training Haar, Mordecai and Nealuchi. He's got amazing defense but I just like Mordecai better... and Haar's Haar, like the only unit who joins the GMs and is better than most of them...

Brom has a great character though! He's better than Nephene imo but wtv.

Yeah I kinda figured that for Leonardo, but still I'd like to use him once just so I can say I've done it before. It would probably be done on easy though...

I've never used Mordecai before, I usually don't use many laguz characters until I get Skrimir, and then after that I usually bench him for Caineghis, Tibran, and the other royals. And Haar? Oh yeah. I like Haar a lot, he's great!

Heck yeah, I'd agree with that completely. I love Nephenee, yeah, but Brom is... Brom!

I've decided that in honor of this topic I'm going to do a playthrough using these units (one from each part)

Part 1: Edward (Naturally)

Part 2: Brom!!

Part 3: Haar/Ike/Mordecai other than Ike they aren't always around and show up sooner though...

Part 4: Naesala

It will be fun!