Marrying Chrom to Sully is the worst possible thing you can do in the game and it will put you behind other players.

NO SHIPPUJINRAI.

"STRIKING WITH THE SWIFTNESS OF THE WINDS, AND THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING" IS ESSENTIAL.

YOU BRING SHAME TO FAMIRY.

... but no seriously, it doesn't even feel that crucial.

It's a single player game. WHO CARES IF YOU'RE NOT AS EFFICIENT.

I use Olivia as a combat unit, and I don't give a damn.

Thiiiiiiiiis. Especially the bolded parts.

GameFAQs has decided that Ricken is one of the game's best fathers.

Huh?!

Seriously though, that page is hilarious....ly ridiculous. I don't / would never pair Sully with Chrom, but that's out of my own personal bias and crap, and NOT because of Galeforce access or whatever. While I do grind for that skill for the other children, some pairings ended up like that whether I did it intentionally or not. So that little "guide" is ridiculous...

so I guess according to the gamefaqs guide, Donny and Gaius gets around, huh? Because of the classes they pass down. Haaaah... I pair who I want... most of the time.

Edited by Cordelia

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GameFAQs has decided that Ricken is one of the game's best fathers.

And Lon'qu is apparently one of the worst, contrary to what was thought before. Which I can totally get behind, due to the fact that skills > caps and Lon'qu offers a lackluster selection of skills.

Fire Emblem Awakening: Galeforce Party Building Guide

I don't care what any of you say: Galeforce is effing overrated.

But...but...but...the power of LTC compels you!

Edited by Frosty Fire Mage

And Lon'qu is apparently one of the worst, contrary to what was thought before. Which I can totally get behind, due to the fact that skills > caps and Lon'qu offers a lackluster selection of skills.

I personally think that Lon'qu gets more flack than necessary from them but I really don't care.

Ehh I liked playing efficiency more than min maxing

Besides even in the context of efficiency I kinda dislike doing Sully and Chrom

....Oh and Im the one who spread the "Lon'QU is a terrible father" fad. Sue me

I do use Galeforce, but I won't say a character that can't get Galeforce, Armthrift or Sorcerer class is automatically terrible.

Galeforce is pretty good, to be honest. Better than Armthrift, to say the least.

Also, honestly, I don't think Galeforce is so important that it'd need a FAQ to itself - I'd have sooner expected one on modifiers, particularly since it's highly doubtful that anyone would intuit that different characters would have different caps for the same class, among other things.

Edited by Levant Fortner

The guide pretty much just claimed (right after the quoted title) that it wasn't a good idea if planning to play against the spotpass teams of one's friends, implying they would be at an advantage. It's at least avoiding calling it a sin or sign of intellectual inferiority or whatever.

I play these games for the sake of roleplaying as much as for overcoming challenges as effectively as possible, and I wasn't particularly offended.

Its unoptimal because you need to not give Chrom any heart points for 11 chapters >_>

Sure you can give him heart points.

Just with guys and/or his sister. \o/

Aether is a meh skill with bad activation rate, and the class inheritance isn't that good.

Chrom x Olivia gives Lucina the Myrmidon class and Inigo gets Rightful King, which is better than her other potential siblings(Kjelle doesn't need Aether, since she has Astra and Luna, and Brady has a limited skill set to abuse Rightful King).

Henry x Sumia gives a Cynthia with access to almost all Rallies and Sorcerer class.

Aether is a meh skill with bad activation rate, and the class inheritance isn't that good.

Chrom x Olivia gives Lucina the Myrmidon class and Inigo gets Rightful King, which is better than her other potential siblings(Kjelle doesn't need Aether, since she has Astra and Luna, and Brady has a limited skill set to abuse Rightful King).

Henry x Sumia gives a Cynthia with access to almost all Rallies and Sorcerer class.

Prsonally, I don't see it that way since the Myrmidon class doesn't have anything of any real note aside from Swordfaire... Doesn't really help that I ship Olivia/Rey.

And what's more, I'm personally convinced Chrom gives Cynthia more that's useful than Henry. *cough BOWBREAKERhack*

Edited by Levant Fortner

If I wanted to make Lucina based on stats and not how much I like the characters together I'd just send FeMU Chrom's way

Make Lucina into Morgan #2 that joins earlier I see no problems with this, after all, my personal pairings of choice can only happen on support grinding runs since Basilio and Flavia joins so damn late I might as well just use FeMU to make Lucina better

This whole debate is pointless just pair who you want however you like it

Edited by Thor Odinson