Least Favorite Pairing(s)

A ten year gap is fine if you're like 28 and your partner is 38. Age matters less and less as you get older. But otherwise, I just don't like such age gaps in couples.

Well, it also depends on when you get the two of them married. It's a bit odd if you do so before the time-skip, not as much after.

The age gap could be much, much worse, so I'm not complaining. Gets me my princess and her loyal knight pairing, so I'm happy. Considering that I can't have my PRINCE and his loyal knight, I'll have to settle.

And responding to your latest post, yes. It's the way Frederick handles it in their supports itself - I think Henry just handwaves her clumsiness and Gaius works around it. He actually confronts that and consoles her.

*Edit because I forgot a crucial word there.

Edited by Vashiane

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-but Inigo and Severa are the funniest....

And I actually pair Ricken and Nowi primarily because of their similar, younger childish mentalities; even if she's 1000+, she's still considered young for a manakete, and thus is at a level of mentality nearer to Ricken. Not only does it look less creepy to be with him appearance wise, its less creepier than pairing her with someone "closer" to her age but farther away from her mentality.....just creepy.....

A ten year gap is fine if you're like 28 and your partner is 38. Age matters less and less as you get older. But otherwise, I just don't like such age gaps in couples.

The age gap could be much, much worse, so i'm complaining. Gets me my princess and her loyal knight pairing, so I'm happy. Considering that I can't have my PRINCE and his loyal knight, I'll have to settle.

You also have to take into account that his is on a MEDIEVAL setting, so that whole "romantic loyal knight and his princess getting hitched" isn't that farfetched when it comes to her being 10 years younger than him.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I say again, I don't care if it's a medieval setting.

And responding to your latest post, yes. It's the way Frederick handles it in their supports itself - I think Henry just handwaves her clumsiness and Gaius works around it. He actually confronts that and consoles her.

I guess, but I still love Frederick too much to ever think about marrying him to a character I dislike so much. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Responding to the bolded sections, go:

First, thank you, finally. I cannot stand this trend of labeling characters as Stepford Smilers because they have a tragic past and aren't angsting about it 24/7. That's why I love Henry so much - he took his awful past and worked around it, basically abandoning it and focusing on the present. He's a bit messed up in the head because of it, yes, but that's far healthier than obsessing over something you cannot change and have no control over. He's happy, regardless of the past, and he just keeps going forward - I adore that in him. Not to sound like I'm promoting myself or anything, but I actually have a character in my original character arsenal who uses that labeling process as a cover - the second people find out about her past, they no longer hold her accountable for her actions. And she uses that as an advantage. Naturally, she's a pretty sick human being for this, but it's much better than rolling with that stereotype. So much better. ._.

Agreed, so much. The way Frederick tenderly reassures her for her mistakes speaks volumes about his character. He may be a bit cold and sarcastic, but he is a very gentle person underneath that. And unlike some characters, it doesn't take much effort to see that. Just look at his support with Henry! He's so happy about Henry's progress, he cries. Cries! Real man can cry, and screw anyone who says otherwise! And the way she listens and respects his dedication is just touching. He sounds so grateful that someone actually appreciates his hard work that I feel kind of heartbroken.

So Kellam is the other one? Sweet. There's another support that doesn't have that happen in the S support - Gregor. And that support is a critical hit to the feels, especially the A support. Oh my God. I don't think I can pair Cordelia with anyone else.

That's interesting. I know a few people who can't stand that pairing, and it's nice seeing your take on it. She's seen the very darkest parts of his heart, and being with her he wants her to see the brightest. This is one of those very few supports that doesn't mention the Avatar, and shows that she does have a good side to her - it's just very, very well hidden. Plus, I can SEE him growing sick of Tharja's hexes and standing up to her for Noire's sake. It just fits so much.

Cradle-robbing shotacon to the mayfly-est degree. It's too much right in one sentence. That makes some sense. I'll have to reconsider my options for Nowi, then, huh? :)

A few, you say? Only me(and Tiaramaki) is the one who couldn't stand that pairing...probably.

Also, the S support.

A few, you say? Only me(and Tiaramaki) is the one who couldn't stand that pairing...probably.

Also, the S support.

My sister counts - her Libra OTP is him and Lissa.

... Darn it, Tharja. I do. not. want. you. like that! Appreciate your ridiculously sexy husband, damn it. :>_<:

Oddly enough, Tharja/Libra is the only pairing where I don't mind Libra taking a backseat to My Unit. 8U If it brings me blonde-haired Noire who can become a nun with an axe, I'll take it.

YES. YES. YES.

Listen to him talk about her in A Hard Miracle. That is just beautiful.

“Sometimes I’d allow myself a kind of fool’s hope that you survived. Maybe you were taken in by some kind Plegian, or found by a traveling merchant… But mostly I feared that if you’d lived, you’d fallen to an even harsher fate. I never forgot about you. Even after all this time, I’ve been…hoping. And here you are, confirming both the good and ill of my secret thoughts.”

In my head, after the war and Emmeryn lives in Ferox, Frederick uses the decade's worth of vacation days he has to visit her often.

Edited by Perlia

My sister counts - her Libra OTP is him and Lissa.

... Darn it, Tharja. I do. not. want. you. like that! Appreciate your ridiculously sexy husband, damn it. :>_<:

LibraxanyonebutTharja4lyfe. XD

@Faye: What do you mean by backseat?

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

Emm X Fred ftw >_>

Actually, I wouldn't mind this if it were possible. Would be one of those rare instances where I'm okay with a knight x princess/queen pairing.

“Sometimes I’d allow myself a kind of fool’s hope that you survived. Maybe you were taken in by some kind Plegian, or found by a traveling merchant… But mostly I feared that if you’d lived, you’d fallen to an even harsher fate. I never forgot about you. Even after all this time, I’ve been…hoping. And here you are, confirming both the good and ill of my secret thoughts.”

You called?

*sniff* Now that's loyalty.

LibraxanyonebutTharja4lyfe. XD

@Faye: What do you mean by backseat?

In their S Support, Tharja says she'll love Libra, but he'll be second to My Unit in her mind. In Tharja's heart, My Unit is first, and Libra is second. If they were driving a car, Tharja would drive, My Unit would be shotgun, and thus Libra would be in the back seat.

8U; I'm not good at describing things.

In their S Support, Tharja says she'll love Libra, but he'll be second to My Unit in her mind. In Tharja's heart, My Unit is first, and Libra is second. If they were driving a car, Tharja would drive, My Unit would be shotgun, and thus Libra would be in the back seat.

In the end: Tharja still loves MU.

Still though, our tastes clashes. you said you don't mind Male Sorc and hate Female Sorc right? Well I'm otherwise, except Female Sorc only fits on Tharja because I don't want skimpy clad women :P

Edited by Pega-Pony Princess

You're second to money if you try to woo Anna. |D

If you could have Fred and Emm support, I'd do it faster than a shippujinrai.

Back to pairings... eh, the only one I don't like is Chrom x FeAvatar. That's right, it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Some supports are underwhelming for sure, but I can't say I hate them when they kind of work out in the end and make babies.

Here is my rant of the day. But to say this first, if you marry Chrom and like the pairing, that's fine. Your game, you do what you like. I know that in some ways, it's a good pairing.

You know what, I dislike it for reasons not even related to the subpar support. I dislike it simply because it's everywhere and the fact that it's so much more "deep and meaningful" than any other is waved in my face, not just by fandom, but by gameplay, streetpassing, everything. I'm aware that they have a strong bond, but I didn't have to marry Chrom to know that. I like the idea that these two main characters can live happy lives with our own spouses and yet still be close in a nonromantic way. As for that scene in Chapter 23, in my opinion it is better when you've married Lucina in terms of how Chrom comes off. Both of those "special scenes" has Chrom eavesdropping. For M!MU married to Lucy, I'd understand him just waiting back until necessary because at first he thought it may be personal stuff between wife and husband (Overprotective Papa!Chrom is funny, but I think even he can respect boundaries). But in the case where Lucina is the MU's daughter, he's seems like he's banking on the fact he knows Lucina couldn't hurt her mother, his wife. On the gameplay front, I'm annoyed it's the only way you can get two "Morgans" (supposedly better than a super 3rd gen Morgan), compared to the male route, where you have eleven ladies that you can marry to give Morgan a super sibling.The MMU doesn't really have a female character that's quietly pushed to be his wife except Lucina, but marrying the first gen over her to give a second gen kid a MU-boost can arguably be better, especially for Noire, Nah and Kjelle. Also, Chrom's "thank you, friend" makes me laugh like an idiot because it annoys a lot of his fangirls. Streetpass I've mentioned before, and I find it hilarious that the harder teams I've come across are the ones that don't have a MU!Lucina or a Chrom!Morgan. The ones that do have them aren't like super easy, but they're very dependent on the Royal Kids. You can use them to sweep my team on your own game, fine. Be careful of all my Lethality ninjas with Breaker skills though.

TLDR: Perlia's is kind of a hipster. And a Streetpass jerk.

Edited by Perlia

If you could have them support, I'd do it faster than a shippujinrai.

Back to pairings... eh, the only one I don't like is Chrom x FeAvatar. That's right, it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Some supports are underwhelming for sure.

Be warned, this is a very petty rant.

You know what, I dislike it for reasons not even related to the subpar support. I dislike it simply because it's everywhere and the fact that it's so much more deep and meaningful than any other is waved in my face. I know that they have a strong bond, but I didn't have to marry Chrom to know that. We can live happy lives with our own spouses and those talks are still the same. As for that scene in Chapter 23, in my opinion it is better when you've married Lucina, because then I don't feel as mad at Chrom. Both of those "special scenes" has him eavesdropping. I'd understand him just waiting back until necessary because at first he thought it may be personal stuff. But in the case where Lucina is the daughter, he's banking on the fact he knows Lucina can't kill her mother. On the gameplay front, I'm annoyed it's the only way you can get two "Morgans" (supposedly better than a super 3rd gen Morgan), compared to the male route, where you have eleven ladies that you can marry to give Morgan a super sibling. The MMU doesn't really have a female character that's quietly pushed to be his wife except Lucina, but marrying the first gen over her to give a second gen kid a MU-boost can arguably be better, especially for Noire, Nah and Kjelle. Also, Chrom's "thank you, friend" makes me laugh like an idiot because it annoys a lot of his fangirls.

... I'm done

Did... somebody call for Thoron Shipping Services? ; ]

I actually sort-of agree with you. I mean, the scene where Lucina is your daughter is touching on her end, but when Chrom jumps in, it's not nearly as sweet as when you're friends.

Which is why Chrom x Male!Avatar is the true pairing of Awakening.

And the plot is still just as meaningful if you're friends. Only that one part is changed. You don't have to marry someone for them to be important to you, and you CAN be best friends with a guy and have a close bond with him without romance getting in the way. This game totally proves that.

I DO like the pairing though, it does make certain decisions and interactions that much better.

If you could have them support, I'd do it faster than a shippujinrai.

Back to pairings... eh, the only one I don't like is Chrom x FeAvatar. That's right, it's the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Some supports are underwhelming for sure.

Be warned, this is a very petty rant.

You know what, I dislike it for reasons not even related to the subpar support. I dislike it simply because it's everywhere and the fact that it's so much more "deep and meaningful" than any other is waved in my face. I know that they have a strong bond, but I didn't have to marry Chrom to know that. I like the idea that these two main characters can live happy lives with our own spouses and yet still be close in a nonromantic way. As for that scene in Chapter 23, in my opinion it is better when you've married Lucina, because then I don't feel as mad at Chrom. Both of those "special scenes" has him eavesdropping. I'd understand him just waiting back until necessary because at first he thought it may be personal stuff between wife and husband (Overprotective Papa!Chrom is funny, but I think even he can respect that). But in the case where Lucina is the daughter, he's banking on the fact he knows Lucina can't kill her mother. On the gameplay front, I'm annoyed it's the only way you can get two "Morgans" (supposedly better than a super 3rd gen Morgan), compared to the male route, where you have eleven ladies that you can marry to give Morgan a super sibling. The MMU doesn't really have a female character that's quietly pushed to be his wife except Lucina, but marrying the first gen over her to give a second gen kid a MU-boost can arguably be better, especially for Noire, Nah and Kjelle. Also, Chrom's "thank you, friend" makes me laugh like an idiot because it annoys a lot of his fangirls.

... I'm done.

Well, I think I read someone said something along the lines that Lucina asks? says? something to Morgan (M) like... why his mom isn't married to Chrom considering how close they are... I mean, I don't know how true this is because for me, Morgan(M) and Lucina are always sibling. But I guess if that is true, then it'd only serve to make you dislike a pairing.

But this rant, especially the bolded parts, makes me think that's how some pairings/characters get disliked so easily. Cause it could be said for Chrom/Sumia too, and why Sumia is being hated. But eh...

Did... somebody call for Thoron Shipping Services? ; ]

I actually sort-of agree with you. I mean, the scene where Lucina is your daughter is touching on her end, but when Chrom jumps in, it's not nearly as sweet as when you're friends.

Which is why Chrom x Male!Avatar is the true pairing of Awakening.

And the plot is still just as meaningful if you're friends. Only that one part is changed. You don't have to marry someone for them to be important to you, and you CAN be best friends with a guy and have a close bond with him without romance getting in the way. This game totally proves that.

I DO like the pairing though, it does make certain decisions and interactions that much better.

I don't know how the dialogue is for Chapter 23 if you're completely unrelated to Lucina, but I totally agree on the bolded part. You're right. ChromxMale Avatar is the OTP. But I don't think that belongs here... it should go in the other thread... I think I need to fix my signature.

Edited by Shirley

THORON SHIPPING SERVICE, WHERE IS MY FORSETI?

Ugh, I keep editing my posts and the unedited gets quoted, so I'll just stop with that.

I can see why my issues would be the kind that fuels dislike into hate as well. A lot of the pairings people have posted here are popular to some extent too.

THORON SHIPPING SERVICE, WHERE IS MY FORSETI?

Ugh, I keep editing my posts and the unedited gets quoted, so I'll just stop with that.

I can see why my issues would be the kind that fuels dislike into hate as well. A lot of the pairings people have posted here are popular to some extent too.

On its way, sorry about that! We've have a sudden swarm of requests. It seems like a lot of people are requesting information to support their favorite pairings...

Ehehehe, no problems. Information is more important than a silly tome.

(Jinrai is the name of the Thunderstrorm brush technique in Okami. I keep imagining Gekigami as the mascot, pffft)

The Lucina non-daughter Avatar-F support is kind of funny in that respect. She swears up and down that she's seriously not into Chrom romantically while Lucina spazzes out and crushes on her own father. It's sort of twisted-adorable, if only because Lucina comes across as really, really into Chrom. Like in an almost-weird way.

It makes Lucina's behavior even more odd if the Avatar's already married at that point. Seriously now Lucy, your dad's married and so is his tactician, they're probably just friends.