Least Favorite Pairing(s)

Wow, stop yelling. I was just explaining how it works. People have the same problem with A Song of Ice and Fire and sometimes, it needs to be explained that otherwise, anachronisms would be there. (and those are bad!)

I agree that Sumia's pairings shouldnt be so limited. I do like that she can shack up with Henry though because i love Henry.

People already explained it to me earlier. I just got frustrated hearing the same thing again for a third time. Sorry.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no reason for hers to be so limited.

I can think of one.

"A conscious design choice of the developers to shove it in your face."

People don't like it, and flame wars have been fought over it (lol GameFAQs), but the thing is, no one can deny that the developers are shoving the pairing in your face even if you do have the option to ignore it. |D

It's the pairing that has the "Developer's blessing". No other pairing can say that much because they're doing all they can to avoid a fan outrage over their husbandos, waifus, and other character OTPs. |D

It's exactly the same how "there's no reason" for Cordelia not to be able to support with Chrom. I guess that would probably the "Developer's curse" for her. |D

Edited by shadowofchaos

I dunno about others, but I hate Chrom x Sumia, yet I adore Sumia herself. I wish more people could make this distinction.... :/

It's actually the same with me. Sumia herself's pretty cute haha. And I always find myself smiling whenever I hear her voice clip of, "That was amazing!" but that Chrom support... It left much to be desired. I'm not sure if I just have a weird criteria in my head preventing me from fully enjoying it, but when I compare her Chrom support with her Frederick one, I find the latter to be better. Which feels like it shouldn't be the case with her being 'canon' wife and all.

Imagine if Avatar/Chrom couldnt happen?

Oh man....

Oh gods, the raging so many fangirls would be doing. I'm glad I wouldn't actually be one of them though. My favorite FE pairing of all time not being possible in-game is quite enough for me to deal with.

Edited by Anacybele

I will be sad only because then I can't get my +6 str Lucina

Hell I don't think any of her other mothers allow me to replicate that 46 str Paladin Lucina I had on my first run

It was beautiful

Edited by Thor Odinson

I again reiterate that I would absolutely LOVE one of the future drama CDs to say "Robin is the celibate hero, Morgan is just an illusion".

And every FE fan rages at how their husbandos and waifus are all unreachable to them.

Except for me of course... the sheer fact that I got scarred for life by this game is a double-edged sword... it just so happens that if they DO have that screwed up canon, that I'll be totally unaffected. |D

I again reiterate that I would absolutely LOVE one of the future drama CDs to say "Robin is the celibate hero, Morgan is just an illusion".

And every FE fan rages at how their husbandos and waifus are all unreachable to them.

Except for me of course... the sheer fact that I got scarred for life by this game is a double-edged sword... it just so happens that if they DO have that screwed up canon, that I'll be totally unaffected. |D

Hey, some of us can live without canon. I'd get some popcorn to enjoy the meltdown though.

That would actually be amazing I would totally get it if I weren't in lack of funds

A+

I'd get some popcorn to enjoy the meltdown though.

So can we say that everyone's least favorite pairings?

"A response by Nintendo/IS showing that your Avatar's spouse is actually canonically married to *insert Awakening character here*"

I'll share the popcorn. emot-munch.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sparking a riot huh... I'd just watch incredulously, and with some facepalms here and there over such childish behavior...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's not so much that pairings are a big deal or anything, it's more that since the Avatar is essentially the player, we as the players want there to be no canon so our headcanons can be the canon. I mean, if the Avatar is us, we should decide who they marry, because we decide who we want to marry. This is partly why I theorize that there are a bunch of timelines/realities in Awakening. One for each possible pairing to occur in.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I would rage if IS said Frederick was canonically married to Sumia, Lissa, or Maribelle.

It's not so much that pairings are a big deal or anything, it's more that since the Avatar is essentially the player, we as the players want there to be no canon so our headcanons can be the canon. I mean, if the Avatar is us, we should decide who they marry, because we decide who we want to marry. This is partly why I theorize that there are a bunch of timelines/realities in Awakening. One for each possible pairing to occur in.

And yet I wouldn't give a damn if all the "Word of God" content in the world said Olivia was married to *insert character here*

|D

Everyone, admit it.

It would be the trolliest move ever, if IS were to pull that.

I mean come on... just look at how much Sumia hate there is. And that's only the opening, the fast support growths, "Lovebirds", and she gets a special hug confession scene.

That's like... "subtle" shoving on your face material. IMAGINE how bad it would be if it was CRYSTAL CLEAR, "your waifu/husbando is canonically married to *character*".

Edited by shadowofchaos

So can we say that everyone's least favorite pairings?

"A response by Nintendo/IS showing that your Avatar's spouse is actually canonically married to *insert Awakening character here*"

I'll share the popcorn. emot-munch.gif

Hey ReyRey, pass that shit thisaway! *munch munch munch*

My husbando being canonically married to someone else wouldnt bother me in the least. Virion will always be mine. :B

Edited by Florina Stark

Everyone, admit it.

What, the "Celibate Hero" thing?

Actually, that would be pretty much the route I'd take if I were truly in the Avatar's shoes. Morgan would live on in spirit as the apprentice I'd take under my wing to pass on my knowledge to the next generation.

So no, I wouldn't consider it to be trolling. At least not trolling to me.

Hey ReyRey, pass that shit thisaway! *munch munch munch*

I got the seasoning (dried tears and rage flakes)!

And yet I wouldn't give a damn if all the "Word of God" content in the world said Olivia was married to *insert character here*

|D

Everyone, admit it.

I mean come on... just look at how much Sumia hate there is. And that's only the opening, the fast support growths, "Lovebirds", and she gets a special hug confession scene.

That's like... "subtle" shoving on your face material. IMAGINE how bad it would be if it was CRYSTAL CLEAR, "your waifu/husbando is canonically married to *character*".

I'd like to say the same for Stahl, but I probably would care a tiny bit, then get over it.

Every single place that talks about FE13 would explode like a bunch of Valflames. Glorious!

Edited by Perlia

I just figured out a reason to not ship Lucina x Owain besides "Eww-cousins-ew-ew-eww-squick."

If we assume that when Naga imparted some of her power to the First Exalt, she did it the same way as in FE4 (with the Blood-bond rite thingy) – which is a very reasonable assumption, given that the Exalted line has a special brand, and that Falchion can only be wielded by a select few of that lineage (read Major vs. Minor Holy Blood) – then Lucina and Owain's child could be just like Julius and get possessed by a powerful dragon who is worshipped as a god.

Oh wait, that is a fine thing. Naga's second coming is cool.

Who's gonna be Manfroy and chessmaster the scheme? oh right, that would be Avatar

[spoiler=FE13 - Ch. 23 spoilers]And then you could have Grima-possessed-Avatar marry him/her for the ultimate dragon master race.

And as far as IS trolling us with "canonical" pairings, the I've got a suggestion: Avatar x Grima.

And as far as caring about "canonical" pairings, IS already made alternate timelines a thing, what with other Avatars (and their pairings) traveling through the Outrealm gate to Streetpass you, so canon might be hard to define, and even harder to argue in favor of it existing (besides it meaning that a sequel is likely. In that case, go canon).

In terms of making a child, Olivia/Gaius - it gives Inigo nothing but Fighter. In terms of story/supports/whatever, I thought that the least nausea-inducing support for Sumia was Henry. I have yet to see a Gaius pairing that doesn't make me facepalm (even if he is one of my favorites, the candy thing gets overdone).

Donnel/Cordelia- And this isn't my typical *EVIL GLARE* Donnel hate. Not only do I really hate the Severa you get from this pairing (Sev is like the Larcei of this game (gameplay wise), yet Donnel actually manages to screw her over.) but it also manages to be the single most boring support set in the game, save for maybe MU/Say'ri (Say'ri, are you... really... that... ****ing... boring?). There's no redeeming feature to this pairing!

Now we know why Say'ri never, EVER has children

Edited by eclipse