Ike's descendants

Chiki

If FE9/10 took place 10000 years ago, and it takes 20 years for one generation to pass, that means that 500 generations have passed since Ike's child was born.

Chrom has 3.2 x 10^150 ancestors running around going back 500 generations. That means 3.2 multiplied by a number with 150 zeroes, in the same way that a million has 6 zeroes. The number of ancestors can be self repeating, so there can be the same people in the ancestry line.

The chance that any random person in the game is Ike's descendant, such as common brigands, and Validar, is extremely likely. In fact, it is almost improbable.

Tl;dr: Ike has millions of descendants running around, not just Paris.

Edited by Olwen

True though its likely that priam is just one of the only direct descendants

This topic concerns only direct descendants.

If Priam is a direct descendant of Ike, then so are common brigands, Validar etc.

This topic concerns only direct descendants.

If Priam is a direct descendant of Ike, then so are common brigands, Validar etc.

I think he means direct as in the main branch, aka, only from the firstborns.

Where does it say PoR and RD took place 10,000 years before Awakening? :/

I guessed. But even if it was something like 5000, the point would still remain.

I think he means direct as in the main branch, aka, only from the firstborns.

That's what I mean, too. This thread concerns those firstborns.

Edited by Olwen

It could be inferred by the fact that the Tellius games may be the earliest points in the timeline. [citation needed]

Evidence? I honestly think that because there are a few different FEverses, all the games barring Awakening take place roughly at the same time. Aside from the obvious time gaps like FE6 being 20 years after FE7 and all of course.

As far as I know the Judgral games and FE13's two continents are in the same universe. There's some dev notes in SF I'm too lazy to pull up to confirm that, but Judgral takes place a long time before there's even civilisation on Akaneia. Akaneia was pretty much dragonland when Judgral happened.

Tellius don't have as much of a direct dev's words evidence, but the stories are referenced in Awakening as are the (having been) existence of tellius laguz-species taguel according to panne. While it's not concrete proof like Judgral, there's a high chance that it is in the same world and certainly happened before Awakening sometimes. It's often cited as the chronologically earliest due to it covering creation.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Tellius is not in the same world. It's stated that Ike crossed between worlds to visit Ylisse's continent. This is probably how stories from Tellius got there. Through him and perhaps an unknown Tellius native or two that managed to go through the gate between worlds as well.

It is clear that Tellius's events happened long before Ylisse's though.

Not to mention that the Great Flood wiped out the continents in Tellius's world aside from Tellius itself. At least, all the ones known to Tellius. But we see at least four different landmasses in Ylisse's world, and I doubt that many still exist in Tellius's besides Tellius itself.

EDIT: Wow, I said "Tellius" ten times in this one post, including just now. lol

Edited by Anacybele

IF every Ike and his child always have only one child,

then they all dead not long after giving birth, Paris can be the only one.

But it's depressing, I know.

Tellius is not in the same world. It's stated that Ike crossed between worlds to visit Ylisse's continent. This is probably how stories from Tellius got there. Through him and perhaps an unknown Tellius native or two that managed to go through the gate between worlds as well.

It's explicitly stated that the land Ike traveled to (with Soren, of course) is Ylisse? Where does it specify this, precisely?

It's explicitly stated that the land Ike traveled to (with Soren, of course) is Ylisse? Where does it specify this, precisely?

The Radiant Hero paralogue says that Ike traveled to a little island right by Ylisse and Chrom and his group go looking for him there, but find Priam, Ike's descendant.

If Ike had just 1 kid, and his kid had just 1 kid, and every one of his descendents had just 1 kid. Then Ike would only have 3-4 living descendents (assuming they live ~80 years) at any given time in history.

The Radiant Hero paralogue says that Ike traveled to a little island right by Ylisse and Chrom and his group go looking for him there, but find Priam, Ike's descendant.

Oh, cool. I haven't bothered playing that one yet so I was wondering if the land Ike traveled to was ever going to be specified or not.

It is clear that Tellius's events happened long before Ylisse's though.

Not to mention that the Great Flood wiped out the continents in Tellius's world aside from Tellius itself. At least, all the ones known to Tellius. But we see at least four different landmasses in Ylisse's world, and I doubt that many still exist in Tellius's besides Tellius itself.

EDIT: Wow, I said "Tellius" ten times in this one post, including just now. lol

When explorers in the 16th Century found America, they called it a new world. Crossing between worlds could easily mean crossing continents. And Hatari survived the Great Flood, perhaps more did, or Ashunera might've created new continents.

When explorers in the 16th Century found America, they called it a new world. Crossing between worlds could easily mean crossing continents. And Hatari survived the Great Flood, perhaps more did, or Ashunera might've created new continents.

True, but we're talking about the game that invented common interrealm travel.

Plus characters in the game know of other continents such as Valm (and in FE12, 2000 years ago, even Caesar knew of other continents).

I have to agree. I feel like there's more things hinting that Tellius is a neighbouring continent than a separate reality.

There's the aforementioned Laguz references made by Panne. The song Donny and Olivia discuss in their supports seems to be about Leanne and Naesala (more obviously so in Japanese) and in Harvest Scramble Laurent and Yarne find some paintings of shapeshifters that Laurent explains were said to be from a continent near Ylisse.

I personally always assumed Ike's ending meant he travelled into the unknown parts of Tellius past Hatari. I don't think it's inconceivable other continents could have re-emerged or something after Ashera's fall and Ike brought people over to populate them therefore allowing for Priam to be Mist's descendant

Edited by Owain Dark

I don't think it's inconceivable other continents could have re-emerged or something after Ashera's fall and Ike brought people over to populate them

Ike was never seen again, though, so he couldn't have.

I thought it said that there were rumors of a descendant of Ike's living in that village and that's the person they're looking for, not Ike.

I've never actually played Priam's paralogue... I was in burn-out mode by the time it started...

Although I have to agree with Olwen that Priam's not that likely to be the only descendant of Ike.

Edited by bearclaw13