What kind of character would you like the next new lord to be?

Except for the fact that she wasn't a pacifist at all and eagerly swayed her convictions in the face of hardship.

Still, the vast majority of the qualities that you mentioned are possessed by Micaiah.

Also, a pacifist Lord would be the most boring lord ever (not to mention that pacifism doesn't solve anything).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A merchant lord isn't actually a bad idea, or maybe a thief. A lord who just cares about money more than nobility, but ends up in a war he doesn't want to be in. A lovable greedy coward, a complete contrast to every other lord.

Edited by Knight

Still, the vast majority of the qualities that you mentioned are possessed by Micaiah.

Also, a pacifist Lord would be the most boring lord ever (not to mention that pacifism doesn't solve anything).

True. Staff Lord FTW.

A merchant lord isn't actually a bad idea, or maybe a thief. A lord who just cares about money more than nobility, but ends up in a war he doesn't want to be in. A lovable greedy coward, a complete contrast to every other lord.

Hey ! That was my idea, you know...

FE needs more characters like Merlinus/Torneko.

It would be darkly hilarious to have a complete sociopath main character who cares nothing about the war and who kills his or her own soldiers and random civilians routinely for no reason. Basically Henry without the comedic aspects.

Bonus points if they make him or her slightly sympathetic by making them not understand just how or why their sadistic actions are wrong.

All this talk about fragile magic using male lords and terrifying axewielding female lords is encouraging me to hurry my romhack to a presentable state. D:

On a more directly on topic note, I love the idea of a merchant lord.

Edited by LunaSaint

I want a female lord, but I'd also like her to avoid being Little Miss Perfect. I don't want her to be truly 'evil' either, but the idea of her being a good lawmaker/emotional messiah shouldn't be done. Here is an idea!

The Player Character is the prince/princess of a small kingdom that gets invaded by a monster with four generals bound to serve his will. The kingdom happens to be a small, technology/magic inclined kingdom that was researching a way to break binding spells just like this. Wanting to nip it in the bud, the monster sends all four generals and the player leads the last, desperate, line of defense inside the castle, but it fails and the PC, in a final vie to disrupt the monster, uses the spell. Only it doesn't work and only frees one of the generals from the binding. The general swears loyalty to the PC and the tutorial concludes with her sacrificing her troops to try and hold out while her and the PC escape.

After escaping the PC and lord get to know each other with the PC first suspecting that the spell made her chaotic-evil (or at least heavily chaotic) only for it to get revealed that she was ALWAYS chaotic evil, the spell just forced her to be loyal. There is hope, however, in a priestly kingdom which holds a blessed sword. Only problem is that it can only be wielded by a good person. So, in addition to fending off the monster and his remaining generals, the PC needs to get the PC to become a genuinely good person so that she can wield the blade at last to defeat the big bad.

I'm more interested in how the Lord plays out storywise than weapon or appearance (although the young blue haired sword wielding guys could use a break). I think the Lord character having to make morally ambiguous decisions (perhaps advised by an Avatar character) would make the story more interesting.

I don't disagree. It's nothing against good-guy lords or anything. Just kind of ruins the enjoyment when the choices are super-binary, hold no true impact, or are so obvious that they don't really deserve to be considered 'choices'. 'Save the unicorn from a life of slavery vs. rape the unicorn and eat its liver because some creepy guy told you it tasted good' isn't a good choice at all since it's so hyper-binary, obvious as to the 'right' path, and uninteresting (anyone who picks the latter is likely either experimenting or probably should be avoided IRL). Kaiden vs. Ashley, however, was at least a decent, if obvious, choice (unless you happened to use both constantly, didn't use either at all, and was not romancing one or the other it was fairly obvious who you would pick).

I'm more interested in how the Lord plays out storywise than weapon or appearance (although the young blue haired sword wielding guys could use a break). I think the Lord character having to make morally ambiguous decisions (perhaps advised by an Avatar character) would make the story more interesting.

I quite like this setup, yeah

(seriously guys, French Revolution type situation, it writes itself)

I would like the next game to have two lords: one who is a protector of beauty and of similar appearance to Oliver, and the other being a bandit like Gonzales. It would be great! The beautiful vs. the ugly rather than good vs. evil, which is clearly cliched.

I'd be happy with a non-lord protagonist that mains in bows. Just as the lords have special weapons, he could have a short bow (1-2 range) specifically for him or her, or knives for close combat. A protagonist that wields dark magic would be pretty cool as well (but could turn out horrible if inaccurate). Though I'm sure we can expect many more blue-haired sword-wielding male lords who are facing invasion by an evil country. :awesome:

Two main characters: One is a middle-aged, brown-haired farmhand somewhat reminiscent of Titania in appearance, but of course without the red and the fancy armor. She'd wield axes and bows. The other is her boytoy - a feminine, light blond-haired young man who is terribly morose since his family was ousted and mostly executed during a popular revolt (French Revolution) and he wields magic and swords (he gets the rapier) and is stuck in hiding for the time being. The story follows the woman as she rises to power during a Reign of Terror like period. Her ultimate goal is to become Empress/Queen/whatever (Napoleon style) but then her lover's past is brought to light, creating a political scandal. Either she would abandon him, claiming to not have known, for her own personal political gain, or she would go on a bloody rampage, seeking revenge on those who destroyed their future. Either way, he ends up dead somehow, destroying her emotionally. Meanwhile, the ousted nobility have gathered outside support and return with foreign armies, returning the realm to the status quo

Edited for clarity. Brainstorming is messy.

Edited by Rewjeo

• 4 weeks later...

The next lord could be a white haired bow user who is a little less kindhearted than most lords. Like Hector with a bow. When promoted, uses bows and lances.

The next lord could be a white haired bow user who is a little less kindhearted than most lords. Like Hector with a bow. When promoted, uses bows and lances.

Bride class lord, go.

Someone mentioned a hotheaded lord, which I want now. And when I say hothead, I mean a legitimate hothead. Not "Argh, all these evil people make me rage - we must fight for justice." As in someone with a truly unpredictable temperment, someone you could not only respect but fear.

Shoot. I wish we have a creative writing thread for this: where we could brainstorm lord & co ideas.