Don't you hate chapters that...

...have odd deployment spots? I have OCD and must deploy one unit for every spot and since I only train up pairs, that one spot will always be someone under leveled, even if that one character is consistent, and he/she seem to cause more bad than good in Classic mode.

I agree on the odd-numbered deployment and being OCD about it, because I also play with pairs... though I sorta train them at EXPonential Growth now (because hard mode), but ... I usually just... kinda ignore the last spot and leave it empty. But it does feel off. I think the only person I left unpaired in these odd-numbered deployment chapters was Donny because he usually could handle himself alone but that was also on Normal mode.

It's more like a pet peeve than absolutely hating it though.

I simply leave the final spot empty-- either that or I just stick to ten units max. I end up only using my streetpass team after a while and using the chapters as practice to see how optimal the team is... but this is on hard after my fourth time beating it. (Lunatic isn't as good for playing through in this way while I would really like to get a Lunatic+ run in progress so I can max out my units there and test out optimization strategies)

Eh, it doesn't matter so much to me now. On DLC chapters, I usually just leave the odd space blank for even pairings. If I'm doing skirmishes, I usually just use two characters at a time, especially those that can equip Armsthrift, Veteran and Paragon as skills for quick and easy training. It works for what it is, I suppose.

Bugs me too. And I realize there's only 13 children if myMU never marry 2nd generation.

Advise on who to 'remains' alone? Currently my Nah is alone, but I put her together with Nowi if possible.

Yeah, I usually leave that spot open.

What bugs me about the placement is that for all the story chapters, you have to use Chrom - and they put him in the center of the starting locations, which is usually a really awkward placement...

Bugs me too. And I realize there's only 13 children if myMU never marry 2nd generation.

Advise on who to 'remains' alone? Currently my Nah is alone, but I put her together with Nowi if possible.

Er, if the Avatar/MU doesn't marry at all, there are a total of 12 children. Morgan is the one that sets the balance to an odd number. Aside from either Morgans, there are six sons and six daughters. So it's really Morgan that is, well, "alone" so to speak. (I just counted from the SF site.)

Daughters: Lucina, Cynthia, Severa, Nah, Noire, and Kjelle.

Sons: Brady, Inigo, Gerome, Owain, Yarne, and Laurent.

Although I can't say the first generation was split as evenly between genders though.

Yeah, I usually leave that spot open.

What bugs me about the placement is that for all the story chapters, you have to use Chrom - and they put him in the center of the starting locations, which is usually a really awkward placement...

I know, right? I'm always in the mindset of pairing everyone, so I have to think of how to set up everyone so they can reach their pair-up partners as well as the one for Chrom.

First gen: Vaike is Forever Alone.

Second Gen: Its usually Yarne.

my 'alone' characters typically decide to get themselves killed in later levels [and I don't even try for it... 8% crit rates and a row of 20% hits kill 'em]... maybe the depression was too much for them to take xD