Top 5 PS1 games

Fire Emblem Fan

1. Final Fantasy Tactics--Oh man. It's not much of a tactics game, but the gameplay was still really fun, and the story and music were pretty solid.

2. Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back--I didn't have a memory card when I played this, so I never got past World 4 or so.

Haven't played any other PS1 games.

In no particular order...

1) Rayman 2: The Great Escape

2) Megaman X4

3) Crash Bandicoot 3

4) Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (yes, I'm crazy)

5) GTA 2 (for some reason, I really like it)

1. Suikoden II. Still the best RPG for me to this second.

2. Final Fantasy IX. I don't really like VII or VIII as much as IX.

3. Chrono Cross

4. Suikoden

5. Tales of Eternia

6. Vagrant Story

7. Legend of Mana

8. Wild Arms 2

9. Final Fantasy Tactics

10. Final Fantasy VII

This is so hard, you ave no idea how much of my life has been put into my PS1 and the mass collection of games I'd owned for it.

First of all, I'm going to make a list of games I remember playing on the PS1:

Air Combat

Crash Bandicoot

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Crash Team Racing

Crash Bash

Destruction Derby 2

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo 2

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

Digimon World

Digimon World 2003

Rollcage

Rollcage Stage II

Abe's Oddysee

Abe's Exoddus

Driver 2

Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles

Tony Hawks Pro Skater

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

Tekken

Tekken 2

Tekken 3

Metal Gear Solid

I think that's the bulk of it; now for a top 5:

1. Destruction Derby 2

2. Crash Team Racing

3. Digimon Rumble Arena

4. Metal Gear Solid

5. Digimon World

That was too hard.

Edit: Forgot about Digimon Rumble Arena. Added to my top 5. Sorry GTA.

Edited by Raven

1. Suikoden II. Still the best RPG for me to this second.

2. Final Fantasy IX. I don't really like VII or VIII as much as IX.

3. Chrono Cross

4. Suikoden

5. Tales of Eternia

6. Vagrant Story

7. Legend of Mana

8. Wild Arms 2

9. Final Fantasy Tactics

10. Final Fantasy VII

W-W-Woah. This is almost the same as my picks...

1. Suikoden II - Please please play this if you haven't yet. It's a great RPG with a really good story!

2. Chrono Cross

3. Tales of Destiny

4. Legend of Mana

5. Breath of Fire IV

6. Wild Arms

7. Azure Dreams

8. Valkyrie Profile

9. Vagrant Story

10. Threads of Fate/ Dewprism (Suuuper fun game by SquareEnix. It wasn't received too well because of how childish it seemed, apparently xD; )

I liked Suikoden, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (It was pretty kiddy but fun haha), Arc the Lad (ALL of the PS releases), Legend of Dragoon (I'd put this in my Top 10 list as well if I could...!) and Final Fantasy IX (The only PS FF I got to play. I didn't really get past disc 3 though. I've got to play this properly again!)

I really like my RPGs. But a lot of the PS platformers were fun, like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. I also found the PSX Digimon games fun.

Edit: Re-arranged the list c:

Edited by pinkbubblegum

1. Breath of Fire III

2. Gran Turismo 2

3. Ape Escape

4. That one game where you play as a police dog guy in a robot that spawned Solatorobo

5. Croc

W-W-Woah. This is almost the same as my picks...

1. Suikoden II - Please please play this if you haven't yet. It's a great RPG with a really good story!

2. Chrono Cross

3. Tales of Destiny

4. Legend of Mana

5. Legend of Dragoon

6. Wild Arms

7. Legend of Legaia

8. Valkyrie Profile

9. Vagrant Story

10. Breath of Fire IV (The only BoF game I got to play, sadly D: )

I liked Suikoden, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (It was pretty kiddy but fun haha), Arc the Lad (ALL of the PS releases) and Final Fantasy IX (The only PS FF I got to play. I didn't really get past disc 3 though. I've got to play this properly again!)

I really like my RPGs. But a lot of the PS platformers were fun, like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. I also found the PSX Digimon games fun.

IKR!

Suikoden II is the best RPG. The storyline, the gameplay, the characters, the endings.

It's. Just. So... :"D

I can even mention in a second how to recruit which character in Suikoden II.

I played that much!

---

But really,

To all of you who hasn't played Suikoden II yet, grab a copy, or just play it with anyway possible.

Nowadays, Suikoden II is a rare game and it's just freaking expensive if you buy it online in ebay or something.

It's that great!

I believe there's still a lot of people who still think Suikoden II is the best RPG to date. And I'm not exaggerating.

Chrono Cross quite a nice game as well, many characters and cool story.

And it has one of the best game soundtracks ever.

What I remember the most from the game is the opening movie. The music! It's so epic!

And I just sooooo happy to find another girl who played Vagrant Story! Awesome and unique gameplay!

If you happen to play Crimson Shroud in 3DS, you might feel some nostalgia feeling with Vagrant Story somehow, the world feeling is just similar!

1) Suikoden II. This isn't just the greatest PlayStation game of all time, it might be the greatest RPG of all time. It's on the shortlist.

2) Gran Turismo II. Even without proper crash physics (which they never did get right...), GTII was so far ahead of its time it's sickening. Still highly playable today.

3) Metal Gear Solid. Younger gamers probably can't understand just how much of a *massive* step up this was in interactive storytelling. We're talking night and day.

4) Grandia. I love playing Grandia today not just because of what it was (great battle system, great characters) but what it's not. There's no pretension, and no unnecessary angst. Just a fun story about kids going on adventures and coming of age.

5) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. And to think this almost didn't get released because it wasn't in 3D.

This list doesn't even go into the amazing JRPGs that aren't Suikoden. Jesus, when the best Final Fantasy (IX) might be the fifth or sixth best JRPG on the system, you've got an amazing system for that medium. And don't forget FF Tactics, though the PSP version is preferable.

EDIT: HEY WHERE THE HELL DID MY AVATAR GO D:

Edited by Superbus

IKR!

Suikoden II is the best RPG. The storyline, the gameplay, the characters, the endings.

It's. Just. So... :"D

I can even mention in a second how to recruit which character in Suikoden II.

I played that much!

Rina: Just stay still and you'll be fine.

Options:
[stay still]

[Move a little to the left]

[Move a little to the right] < I always save this until the last fruit, because my Riou's a hard headed kid haha.

SPEAKING OF RINA. WHAT ON EARTH DID SHE EVEN DO TO THAT GUARD...?!

4) Grandia. I love playing Grandia today not just because of what it was (great battle system, great characters) but what it's not. There's no pretension, and no unnecessary angst. Just a fun story about kids going on adventures and coming of age.

Grandia! Grandia's really fun too! In some ways, the story has a really... Lunar (Which I forgot to list!) adventurey feel xD

I actually really like the Grandia series. II and III are all pretty strong games in themselves.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

What's all this Mega Man X4 bullshit? Play Mega Man X5 you clowns

CastleVania Symphony of the Night...eh...I kinda like that game, but I think it's atrociously overrated. The game-play is so mindless that I remember the pretty graphics and music a lot more than I remember the actual game-play. You just explore a big castle while smacking some pushover enemies that happen to be in the area. The enemy placement is so mindless. Very rarely in the game do I feel pressured to quickly dispose of an enemy before it can do a number on my health bar. Even if I get hit, I always have plenty of healing items that I just happened to pick up, or a save point I can run to. This sharply contrasts with CastleVania 3 and the like, where enemies become a threat as soon as they appear on screen.

There's no challenge unless you put it on yourself. This game's presentation is far too many leagues above its game-play. This game has WAY too many worthless items that you can collect. I like playing this game for the fun of strolling through a huge castle, but this game is just way too easy. Aria of Sorrow for the GBA just does it better.

If somebody who likes this game could share what they like so much about it, that'd be neat.

Edited by Boney

Oh shoot. Just curious, but did anyone else get to play Thousand Arms? It was a really quirky RPG by Atlus (iirc?). The battle sprites were 2D drawings animated traditionally (I think it had some of the really neatest battles because of this!) plus it doubled as a dating sim haha. The dating sim part of the game was really silly. It was hilarious when you pick the choices to make them angry xD

Another game with a semi-dating sim feel to it was Azure Dreams (Wow I can't believe I forgot this game... It's super fun! Worthy of getting into my Top 10 list. The translation's a bit weird at times but man, it's a super fun roguelike!)

Also, a guilty pleasure PS1 game of mine is the Langrisser series xD;

Edited by pinkbubblegum

What's all this Mega Man X4 bullshit? Play Mega Man X5 you clowns

CastleVania Symphony of the Night...eh...I kinda like that game, but I think it's atrociously overrated. The game-play is so mindless that I remember the pretty graphics and music a lot more than I remember the actual game-play. You just explore a big castle while smacking some pushover enemies that happen to be in the area. The enemy placement is so mindless. Very rarely in the game do I feel pressured to quickly dispose of an enemy before it can do a number on my health bar. Even if I get hit, I always have plenty of healing items that I just happened to pick up, or a save point I can run to. This sharply contrasts with CastleVania 3 and the like, where enemies become a threat as soon as they appear on screen.

There's no challenge unless you put it on yourself. This game's presentation is far too many leagues above its game-play. This game has WAY too many worthless items that you can collect. I like playing this game for the fun of strolling through a huge castle, but this game is just way too easy. Aria of Sorrow for the GBA just does it better.

If somebody who likes this game could share what they like so much about it, that'd be neat.

This feeling has kind of dissipated due to age, time and other Metroidvania games coming after the fact, but there was a sense of discovery with this game that sticks with me to this day. Discovering a corner of the mansion that you can't get past, then beating a boss to get an ability, and going back to discover even more. It's still as fun sixteen years later.

This feeling has kind of dissipated due to age, time and other Metroidvania games coming after the fact, but there was a sense of discovery with this game that sticks with me to this day. Discovering a corner of the mansion that you can't get past, then beating a boss to get an ability, and going back to discover even more. It's still as fun sixteen years later.

Not to mention the wonderful soundtrack and the various skills Alucard had, The game is also a very masterpiece of spritework, Alucard has so much animation to him, truely a masterpiece of spriting.

Not to mention it continues the story of my favorite Classicvania. Rondo of Blood.

Not to mention the wonderful soundtrack and the various skills Alucard had, The game is also a very masterpiece of spritework, Alucard has so much animation to him, truely a masterpiece of spriting.

These things are exactly what I'm saying, though. I mean, the presentation is amazing, but the game design just doesn't live up to that standard. The level design is so average. It's a great game, but there are a lot of missed opportunities. At the same time, the successors to this game don't present themselves nearly as well as this game with its majestic appearance and midi-orchestral music score.

...I'm just a fanboy who needs his fix...

Rina: Just stay still and you'll be fine.

Options:

[stay still]

[Move a little to the left]

[Move a little to the right] < I always save this until the last fruit, because my Riou's a hard headed kid haha.

SPEAKING OF RINA. WHAT ON EARTH DID SHE EVEN DO TO THAT GUARD...?!

Who knows? She's Rina XD

Speaking of Rina, she's one of the char I brought to last battle. Her magic~

1. Chrono Cross - Definitely my favorite rpg (beating Chrono Trigger by just a little). The music, the story, the gameplay. All just so damn great!

2. Castlevania: SOTN - My favorite Castlevania game and one of my favorite side-scrollers. Alucard was pretty badass.

3. Resident Evil 2 - Never really cared for the series, but 2 and 4 are really good.

4. Metal Gear Solid - Sneaking around Shadow Moses Island was incredibly fun.

5. Grandia - I actually haven't played very much of it, but it's very fun and the combat system is something new.