Top 5 PC Games

Anacybele

There are a bunch of other 'top 5 games' threads, so I thought I might as well add this one to the mix. lol

PC games includes any games made for the computer. NOT including emulated games that are originally on other gaming platforms, of course. Here's my list. :3

1. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

2. Zoo Tycoon 2

3. Age of Empires II

4. Rise of Nations

5. The Sims 2

Yes, admittedly, I'm a major fan of RTS and simulation games, but mainly only on the computer. I just don't find them as easy and fun to play on other platforms. One exception is Army Men RTS though. Didn't like that one much, though I did laugh my ass off at some of the cutscenes in the campaign mode. lol

Another exception is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D for the 3DS. Imo, simulation games like these actually work on the 3DS because of the touch screen and being able to use the stylus like a mouse, sort of.

But Atari seriously needs to make RCT4! RCT3 has aged well, but its life will soon be over. It'll get too old to be played on modern PCs. Please, Atari! Listen to your fans! They're screaming for RCT4! D:

I also would love it of Atari bought the rights to the Zoo Tycoon series since Blue Fang closed down. ZT2 will soon be unplayable as well, I reckon. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Hey thanks for making this. Now its time to think over this..

1. Starcraft (I used to play this all the time with my Dad and I quite like the Lore)

2. Jagged Alliance 2

3. Disciples II (Which I rarely see people praise or even talk about)

4. Diablo 2

5. Iji tied with Recettear an Item Shop's Tale (2 Indie Games I absolutely love to death, Integ was even nice enough to get me the 2nd on steam awhile back.)

I could name many many others like Mech Commander, Fallout.. But I coulden't quite think of where to place em.

Edited by Jedi

1. Diablo 2 (I will play this game forever. Diablo 3? Nothing on this.)
2. Age of Empires 2 + Expansion (Classic rts that got me interested in History along with the original, which is also good but AoE2 takes the prize.)
3. Warcraft 3 + Expansion (Another fantastic rts, I play it again every so often.)
4. Medieval II: Total War + Kingdoms Expansion (The total war series is one of my favourites, so I decided I would only pick one from it: most people seem to prefer Rome, but I really like Medieval 2. Hopefully Rome 2 will be even better!)
5. Freelancer (The most obscure game here, this game is a space sim that I found to be very open. It actually has quite a lot of flaws, but it's good enough that kept me coming back to it. Check it out, I'm also hoping the crowdfunded game Star Citizen will follow suit.)
Honorable mentions: Age of Empires 1 + Expansion, Rome Total War, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2, Dawn of War + All Expansions, Magic the Gathering (Microprose), Unreal Tournament 2k4, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.
Christ, I play too many pc games. And there's probably more I'm forgetting.

1 Neverwinter, the free beta opened p sometime ago i'm enjoying it a ton

2 baldurs gate its so much fun

3 icewind dale i like it for no real reason it is pretty fun though

4 neverwinter nights 1 and 2 they are a ton of fun, its a shame there arent many good active servers left

5 planescape torment great story

6 bg 2 & iwd 2 this is a tie i like both

7 (and down) most other d&d computer games

i love d&D and haven't played much in the way of computer games

1) Fallout New Vegas - Mods enhance this already great base game to such a degree, it's ridiculous. I personally modded galeforce into the game, too.

2) Deus Ex - Needs no explanation, still holds up really well today. I personally modded galeforce into the game, too.

3) Killing Floor - Best co op horde mode game. I personally modded galeforce into the game, too.

4) Mount and Blade: Warband - Extremely enjoyable combat system. I personally modded galeforce into the game, too.

5) Civilization 5 - First Civ game, and the streamlining definitely makes it very enjoyable for me. I personally modded galeforce into the game, too.

1. Crusader Kings 2 (great base game and fantastic mods)

2. Civilization IV (again, mods. The main game has gotten somewhat stale, but there are great mods. Also, Baba Yetu)

3. Portal (both of them, I guess)

4. Zoo Tycoon 2 (I don't actually play this anymore, but it was a big part of my childhood)

5. Rome Total War (wheee mods)

Sonic Adventure DX got a PC release, and it's like the best game ever made, so yeah. That.

I got the PC port of it. One of my personal favorites too I just didn't count it as a PC game first haha

1. Touhou 13: Ten Desires

2. Touhou 12.3

3. Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object

4. Touhou 11: Subteranian Animism

5. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

I'm not a big PC gamer, mostly because I use a mac that my dad used to use for work, and I'm too poor to afford anything. So I can only keep this list to games that are compatible with macs and windows.

1. Minecraft

2. Portal 2

3. Spore

4. Lego Rock Raiders (This is a game from my childhood that I really enjoyed, it's probably not that good, but I like it cause of nostalgia)

5. Age of Empires 3

If browser games count, there are a whole bunch I like, mostly Pokemon Showdown, a competitive Pokemon battling multiplayer game.

So we're talking PC exclusives or what?

If just general games that had PC versions too,

5) Deus Ex + Human Revolution.

4) Mass Effect + Mass Effect 2

3) Starcraft + Starcraft 2

2) GTA: San Andreas

1) Warcraft 3 + Expansion

I kinda cheated since that's a lot more than 5 but I don't care.

1. Fall of the Samurai (Total War series)

2. Command and Conquer (got me into RTS)

3. Mass Effect

4. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (C'mon, machine guns vs. elven archers vs. wizards? I'm sold!)

5. Sengoku Rance

Edited by IGdood