Oversights by developers

Chiki

Damn, I always presumed the characters to be dead, hence "permadeath", but I suppose it's not so.

Oh well, I tried

Which is why even if you killed off Sumia on classic, if she has enough support points, she will still marry Chrom.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, I hadn't heard this. Can you still recruit Cynthia then?

Yes. Chrom can recruit all the kids. It's basically a fail-safe in case you lost any of the mothers before recruiting the kids.

Yes. Chrom can recruit all the kids. It's basically a fail-safe in case you lost any of the mothers before recruiting the kids.

Well yeah, but will her paralogue even appear if Sumia is "dead" before Chapter 14?

Well yeah, but will her paralogue even appear if Sumia is "dead" before Chapter 14?

Well, considering the marriage is still possible even if she "dies" before Ch11, I'd assume the Paralogue still appears. After all, if Lucina can still be born from a mother who is no longer a playable unit...

It allows annoyed me how all the potential mothers get to retreat, even if they are unmarried when they die. >n> They should die when they're killed like anyone else if they died before they got married. Unless the child paralogues open up anyway if the mothers are dead? I never played Classic, so I don't know...

my Cherche is a War Cleric and i specifically forged her a tomahawk named "Minerva" just for the sake of this joke

it makes the supports in which "Minerva" roars ten times funnier

HAR! Brave Axe forge idea! Yoink!

That's not an oversight, that's just a bad decision.

Kjelle's supports with Sully are all about Kjelle not being able to ride a horse even though she can re-class to Cavalier no matter what, or even just promote to Great Knight.

My Kjelle was a Knight -> Cavalier -> Paladin -> Wyvern Rider (kind of a dumb setup i guess but whatever). The supports with Sully were hilarious.

Doesn't Virion's support with Brady if he's his father have him saying that he knows nothing about tea or something like that...?

Henry XCynthia support if he is his father. They makes him annoyed at her special entrances, when he appeared surrounded by crows...

EDIT : Though old games also had these kind of problems. Amelia looking for michew berries, when in aghost ship surrounded by mist is pretty funny.

Edited by TendaSlime

My Kjelle was a Knight -> Cavalier -> Paladin -> Wyvern Rider (kind of a dumb setup i guess but whatever). The supports with Sully were hilarious.

Doesn't Virion's support with Brady if he's his father have him saying that he knows nothing about tea or something like that...?

Yes. With Vaike, I understand this: the only "tea" time we see is sort-of forced upon him, so he probably doesn't know much about tea. Chrom's much odder... since their C-support is her getting him tea, I'm sure she keeps that habit up. But Virion? The guy who sits down during the middle of battle, on a hot summer day, in the middle of battle, suddenly knowing nothing about tea?

Blasphemy!

Dark Magic exists while Light Magic doesn't.

No, seriously. This game needs Light Magic and Mages, just for sake of balance. Instead, they made Sorcs OP and Light Magic doesn't exist.

Book of Naga.

Well, considering the marriage is still possible even if she "dies" before Ch11, I'd assume the Paralogue still appears. After all, if Lucina can still be born from a mother who is no longer a playable unit...

It is somewhat eerie if she died but still appear in the cutscene when Lucina shown herself.

Yes. And thats just ridiculous. The man going "Ive never had a tea time in my life!" Wut. No. Stop that.

-Henry scolding Inigo for not being serious.

-Vaike not thinking he has unruly fluids (although I can see this as Vaike being oblivious to himself).

-Male Morgan's selective memory in Lucina's sibling supports.

-Severa and Nah forgetting sister Morgan exists during certain supports.

-No matter how many times Virion proposes to someone, he will always assure Yarne that he's been faithful to Panne.

-Morgan marrying their aunt/uncle

Tiki talks to Nah about being unique as a human/manakete hybrid and the gap between human and manakete having always been too large in the past... when Tiki herself can have bridged it with the Avatar.

Kinda bugged me, since I did Avatar/Tiki and used both Nah and Morgan regularly as well.

Lucina can marry Owain.

Cousin marriage is normal in Japan, so there's nothing wrong with this from the developer standpoint. But the English version (or at least American version) doesn't actually allow them to marry. They just become "companions."

Lucina can marry Owain.

Cousin marriage is normal in Japan, so there's nothing wrong with this from the developer standpoint. But the English version (or at least American version) doesn't actually allow them to marry. They just become "companions."

Just adding to this:

Japandoesntmindmarryingcousins1.pngJapandoesntmindmarryingcousins2.png

妻 = Wife

夫 = Husband

Japan doesn't give a crap. Which is why the "Companion" text was so damn buggy when it came to Morgan's cases.

Add to the fact that they still say "I love you" on generic phrases on Event Tiles and Everyone's Room (Barracks).