Lamest Skills Ever!

Refresh- The poor man's renewal. No thank you

Indoor Fighter- Its given to a class that's known for its lack of speed and therefore poor avoid. Lame

eh

Refresh isn't that bad ingame, where you can't feasibly get both

although now that I think about it, Indoor Fighter on Knights really does suck (at least Kjelle might be able to use it effectively)

wait what am i talking about, there are no 1st gen knights

Edited by shadykid

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they Rally when they don't need to heal...

Ever tried stacking Rally Spectrum and Rally Speed? +8 Spd can do wonders. (Not that everyone who isn't naturally doubling needs this, of course, but it's quite helpful when an extra push is needed)

I guess that works. They'll probably need to rally then have everyone else go kill everything that would attack because of their frailty though.

+8 seems kind of overkill but I can definitely see it helping in child paralogues and such.

I don't understand the tags. Vaike is amazing both character-wise and unit-wise.

The fact i hardly ever use the guy and its sort of a running gag to tag him in my threads, sorta just....nevermind.

The only Rally i found kinda dumb was Rally Magic. That one feels really situational, like if your team is all a bunch of magic users or some junk. Rally Luck is kinda ehh too. But every other Rally is great.

If you want a rallybot go FeMU. She'll get rally sprectrum/heart/res/def and demoisel.

Cant you just use a lady Spotpass character? They are basically Avatar builds and have the same class sets.

The fact i hardly ever use the guy and its sort of a running gag to tag him in my threads, sorta just....nevermind.

The only Rally i found kinda dumb was Rally Magic. That one feels really situational, like if your team is all a bunch of magic users or some junk. Rally Luck is kinda ehh too. But every other Rally is great.

Cant you just use a lady Spotpass character? They are basically Avatar builds and have the same class sets.

rally luck?

also spotpass characters generally aren't gonna be used in most runs

I generally find no use for Rally Skill. I can see some niche application of Rally Luck for Despoil or Miracle builds, but Rally Skill seems like such a negligible increase in dual attacks and skill activations, not to mention the almost forgettable increase in hit. Rally Movement is lame on its own but on a Rally bot loaded with say, Rally Heart and a few other rallies such as Rally Speed, you now have +2 movement, which you can further stack with Deliverer or someone wearing boots. That's HUGE. So rather than thinking of Rally Heart as replacing Rally Movement, I actually like to combine the two for epic mobility.

But when are you gonna move 20 squares? I mean, sure, it's good when you're speed clearing maps, but I can't think of anything else movement would be good for other than pairing with galeforce and smashing two of the most powerful units on the first turn and clearing them from the field. Even then, there isn't a need to do this if you set up a proper defense. Then again, I guess nothing is really needed to begin with since there are as many ways to play the game as there are builds.

Edited by Raine

There are uses for almost every skill, but Skill+2 and Slow Burn are by far the worst skills in the game. Even Prescience and Hit+20 have some use after you reclass, as Noire can get some killer accuracy with Mire and other low accuracy dark tomes. But seriously, while people debate that Charm's no good, just think, Slow Burn takes 5 turns to become as good as Charm and only applies to a single unit.

I'd have mentioned Counter as well, because honestly, I'm hard pressed to find any situations where Counter would actually be worth it.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I'd have mentioned Counter as well, because honestly, I'm hard pressed to find any situations where Counter would actually be worth it.

Counter is pretty bad for the main game but it is one of those skills you pack on a team if you want to frustrate someone else in a Streetpass battle. It's a harassment skill, which I would lump Vengeance and Miracle in with as well. Who cares if your units are in risky situations if you're expecting someone else to deal a lot of damage to them!

Yeah, I was about to say...

*ahem*

Kellam!

Also, the only possible use that I can ever think of for this worthless, horrible, unreliable and assholic skill counter is when you have a sorceror who has a ton of healing skills and vengeance and nosferatu and still takes a lot of damage and then heals it back up again

Edited by The Fush

*ahem*

Kellam!

Also, the only possible use that I can ever think of for this worthless, horrible, unreliable and assholic skill counter is when you have a sorceror who has a ton of healing skills and vengeance and nosferatu and still takes a lot of damage and then heals it back up again

ahem what, I don't see anyone

ARMSTHRIFT

Hands down the worst skill in the game. Charm gives 5 AVO. Slowburn gives 1-15. Defender gives 1 to all stats. All of these are better than the non-existent combat value of Armsthrift.

Galeforce, Deliverer and Mov+1 grant mobility. AT grants, oh, what? Nothing.

Paragon and Veteran achieve higher EXP gain, which brings characters extra power a lot faster.

Infinite Money: You can have a little more than 100 Forged weapons, which means everyone deployable can have 5x Forged Braves anyway.

Infinite Regalia is a 4 turnable map (with chest opening). It's extremely quick to beat.

AT has no value.

ARMSTHRIFT

Hands down the worst skill in the game. Charm gives 5 AVO. Slowburn gives 1-15. Defender gives 1 to all stats. All of these are better than the non-existent combat value of Armsthrift.

Galeforce, Deliverer and Mov+1 grant mobility. AT grants, oh, what? Nothing.

Paragon and Veteran achieve higher EXP gain, which brings characters extra power a lot faster.

Infinite Money: You can have a little more than 100 Forged weapons, which means everyone deployable can have 5x Forged Braves anyway.

Infinite Regalia is a 4 turnable map (with chest opening). It's extremely quick to beat.

AT has no value.

Not everyone can afford/care to buy DLC. oAo I mean, I have the Golden Pack, but there are times when I'm too lazy to do a Golden Gaffe run, or fight my way through Infinite Regalia for random legendary weapons. One time, I got 3 Wolf Bergs in a row. ._. I never use the stupid lobster, so what good will those do me? They can't be sold for gold. Armsthrift certainly gets hyped up a lot, but there's no denying it's a useful skill.

VERY.

Well, people do have different opinions, of course.

I personally don't mind having a few Armstrhift users on my team, the problem is that by late-game, it's ANNOYING to get, as it requires temporarily gimping your unit for 10 levels to acquire the skill, then 10 more of a promoted class to keep them in that selection of second-tier classes.

Worse, the skill is a level 1 skill, so getting it if you don't like grinding is PAINFUL.

Rally speed is pretty great. Some people are treating it like it can only be used on offense, but the effect remains through enemy phase. Rally the desired ally and move them into enemy territory. You can use it to push some units into doubling land, which is great for training.

If you're just trying to LTC everything, sure it's a terrible skill. But so are 90% of them in that case.

Rally Speed has its uses in Lunatic LTC if you're not rigging Spd growths. It's unnecessary for Hard LTC, though, and prevents you from getting Rally Movement (which is rather good for HM LTC).

Lucky Seven is only two Charms better though

ok in all seriousness, does Maribelle even have the time to promote to Valkyrie (unless this is postgame ofc)

...You're asking if the unit who will be the same level as Lissa, your highest level character will have hard time to promote ? Yeah, most certainly...

(Well, she may be slightly more harder to trainthan Lissa due to join time, but in another hand, she have better movement...)

Though, Lucky Seven is nearly always better than Quick Burn. Because, after 7 turn, the bonus won't be that great actually.

Slow Burn is completely useless

Excep for Mire Spawning, and some special cases, Prescience is generally better than Hit + 20. An archer have basically no ennemy phase anyway, and patience esists for that very reason...