Your Very First FE File

Randoman

Most of you probably don't remember this, but I posted my very first FE file here on SF a while back (FE3 Book 1, it's file 3), to see if it was possible to defeat despite how badly I messed up.

And I finally defeated the chapter I was stuck on for so long yesterday!! :D

I basically just warped Hardin to the left to kill the thief (so he wouldn't destroy the village), bring everyone to the left path except for Sheeda who went to the right to bait off and separate a few of the fliers to make them more manageable, let Hardin go on a Gradivus and Star Orb rampage with everyone else backing him up, and I defeated it!! I haven't officially finished the chapter yet since I want to boss abuse and Star Orb abuse before I give up the Orbs for Starlight. I got to compensate for all the mistakes I made on my very first file somehow.

So anyways, what were your very first FE files like? How badly did you do? Feel free to post them in the thread if you still have them.

And feel free to try out my very first FE file to see if you're able to defeat it. Click the link in the first sentence and check the first post for it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first file in any FE was in FE9. I was such a lousy player. XD I let Zihark, Jill, and Tanith kick the bucket, I favored the hell out of Rolf and Mist because I read in many places on how they were amazing units (times change), and I thought the final chapter on NORMAL MODE was the hardest thing ever.

That was two years ago. It's strange on how much I improved.

Mine was an FE3 run. I managed to kill off one of Bord or Cord and I think Matthis. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. I remember beating that save of yours, even with a team like that, my pace wasn't too bad.

Everyone died except for Marcus and Harken. The lords were horribly underleveled; Hector was level 7 unpromoted or something ridiculous like that, Eliwood wasn't much better. I made it to the penultimate chapter, but skipped the battle preparations level so they all had half-broken iron weapons.

Still more than a little hesitant to use early game prepromotes as a result.

Everyone died except for Marcus and Harken. The lords were horribly underleveled; Hector was level 7 unpromoted or something ridiculous like that, Eliwood wasn't much better. I made it to the penultimate chapter, but skipped the battle preparations level so they all had half-broken iron weapons.

Still more than a little hesitant to use early game prepromotes as a result.

I'd say with how well Marcus lasted you through the game, it's a testament to earlygame prepromos being a good thing instead of a bad thing.

My first game was FE8. Nothing spectacular. Cormag died in the Final and I didn't want to restart for him because I wanted to be done with the game. It did give me some of my habits of always using a Pegasus Knight and the Red/Green cavs, and I avoided the "Jeigans are bad!" stigma by having my first game have Seth as the Jeigan.

FE6.

My first casualty was Lugh, the banana mage.

Then it was... Lot, I think?

I didn't really pay attention that much since I was so used to Front Mission 3 and "I'm gonna come back after I die."

Nope, and I already saved over the file. I was also disappointed I couldn't A support Roy and Lilina because I pressed "Support" every time I got the chance to and filled up all 5 support conversation opportunities. I thought at first that it was like FE13 way back when that you can view as many as you liked.

My first game was Fire Emblem 7.

By the time I reached Lyn chapter 9, I had quite a few deaths.

Florina kicked the bucket on her joining chapter. Dorcas did too. Kent and Sain died somewhere along the line.

After everyones death, there was always a cutscene at the end assuring me that the character was merely injured, so I kept going, believing they would have recovered after a few chapters.

Dorcas' cutscene on his joining chapter also has him stay with his wife, which I figured was the only way that this scenario could have ended, so I didn't think anything about it.

I started to have doubts after Erk's died in 7x because he actually said that he leaves the group.

So after Wallace joined in chapter 9, I finally restarted and went through the whole crap again.

During the main game, I tried to keep everyones level balanced. I had no idea that I wasn't supposed to do that. Morph Llyod definitely wasn't impressed by my LV 1 Paladin Kent.

Fortunately, my first run was on a rom, so I could just save scum my way to victory. The alternative would have been to go all the way back to Lyn mode. ...again.

Could someone remind me someone why so many people think that this is a good game for beginners? It's like starting the Mega Man series with Mega Man Zero 1.

In both games, it's so easy to get to the end without upgrades and you can't get back to get them unless you go all the way back! All the way! All the way back!!! :angry:

.....aaaaanyway... :sweatdrop:

...after this game I had little trouble buying Sacred Stones and PoR.

Things went pretty smooth in Sacred Stones. Nobody died. Until the Demon King killed Seth and Innes at least. It was hilariously convenient that the two characters who don't actually die, were the ones to bite the dust.

I took Eirika's route. I also didn't bother to restart to recruit the Recruit Amelia at the first opportunity. I wasn't even sure if it was even possible at all. Conveniently she came back later on.

I started PoR in easy mode because... again, nobody told me not to do that. Needless to say, nobody died. Imagine my surprise when I found out that this broken mode was actually added during the localization. *sigh*

Edited by BrightBow

My first game was FE8. It unfortunately turned out to be a pirate copy and wouldn't save, so I eventually completed the game by leaving my GBA on charge constantly, over about a week.

I avoided Seth like the plague, trained a few too many units including Amelia, Ross and Ewan, and grinded the tower a little too much in the process. I think I might have had one or two deaths, but overall I remember it being fairly easy (grinding has that effect).

Then I turned the game off, and it was lost forever.

FE 10 run, it was terrible. The only surviving members of the Dawn Brigade were Nolan and Sothe, and I didn't even understand what most of the stats meant.

My first file was on FE8. It was pretty awful... I think I was missing some characters, but I don't think it was because they died (well, maybe some did) because I'm pretty sure I restarted when they did, but rather I failed to recruit a bunch of them, and my strongest units at the end were Ephraim, Kyle, Seth and Duessel. And maybe Tana too, I think I grinded on the Tower of Valni because I liked her and EphraimxTana a lot, heh. I used no healers at all.

Practically all of you were victims of permadeath and caught off guard from it on your first runthrough huh?

I remember beating that save of yours, even with a team like that, my pace wasn't too bad.

Thanks again for defeating that file for me and showing me it was possible. I probably wouldn't have had the determination to defeat Michalis yesterday if you didn't.

Mine was FE6; my main party consisted of Marcus and Zealot and I missed every sidequest except for 8x and 16x (it took until my 6th or so playthrough before I finally found all the sidequests).

I restarted my first file a couple of times when I find out you could recruit some of the enemies, like Rutger. Good times...

Let's see, it was FE9. Oscar and Boyd, and maybe Soren were promoted before Ch11. But I still got caught at Ch11 due to me not realizing things about the BK, and other stuff like that. I eventually got past, and I managed to recruit everybody else including Nasir and Stefan, and beat the game and whatnot, but the Ch11 block has made me dread that chapter always. It also made me a baby with FE9, making me scared of hard mode, and giving me trouble with it.

All I remember of my first FE7 file was that I tried leveling people evenly too much, and so I had units like Kent just promoting at Ch26 (whatever the defend mission with Zephiel was).

I don't remember FE8, 10, or 11 though, except that FE11's normal mode gave me a lot of trouble, so my 'uncomfort' zone starts with hard mode there.

Reading this makes me feel glad that I cottoned on to permadeath right away.

Didn't mean my first game wasn't awful though. FE7, made it through Lyn's mode okay.

Then I started power tripping when I picked up Marcus, and fell behind on the exp front.

I can't remember it all too well, but I do remember using promo items early, and getting excited about my 12/x Warrior Dorcas. I got to Cog of Destiny before giving up, as I just couldn't handle the scale of the map. I had to start over and put my experience to use again. There were a couple of heroic sacrifices (Vaida and Hawkeye) in Light, but I made it with the second run.

Fe11. I tried recruiting all the characters(only missed out on Lorenz+the gaidens), visiting all the villages, didn't use Jeigan, never let anyone die, arena abused my main team, used no prepromotes besides Wolf and Sedgar, ALWAYS promoted at 20, used the 3 beginning cavs,whitewings, Ogma+ his group until the end, never reclassed(besides for fighting yourself on practice, man, was that addicting), and used Boah to kill Gharnef. I thought I was experienced lol

FE7 because I'm old.

I always reset when someone died. Other than a few bad mistakes here and there I did okay. I did lose Rebecca in the last chapter because Uhai somehow doubled her and I didn't feel like reseting. Yeah...

I'm sorry Rebecca. :<

mine was FE7 (emulated) in like 2005

pretty much your standard-issue "first fe" botched run: missed everyone and everything that wasn't in a mandatory cutscene, and by the end of it my sole survivors (the endgame's mandatory five excepted) were just Marcus, Isadora, Pent, Louise and Nino (the latter solely because i didn't have a hope in hell of successfully using her at that point)

oh and all three lords were incredibly underleveled and more or less completely useless

i don’t remember how i eventually cleared the finale but it sure as hell wasn’t pretty; the game's epilogue laughing at my shittiness was very well-deserved