The Next Ylisse game

Jotari

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, technically there were six before that dark stone and Grado's sacred stone got merged as the Fire Emblem... either way all but one sacred stone got shattered by the end of the game anyway...

Well, FE8 does have five gemstones and Manaketes, so you never know : P

Oh, sorry, by connect I meant advertantly mention it. Sort of like Priam being Ike's descendant, only with eirika or ephraim.

Edit: I hardcore derped, Chrom mentions hearing of eirika during one of the DLCs, sorry for wasting time, I don't play the DLCs so I don't know much about them.

Edited by SpikyRtG

Still, all but one shattered anyway. Now it's true that they can be repaired as Gotoh did with the Starsphere, though who knows if it's something that can be done by someone other than him...

Just if there is a need to clarify, this is hypothetical assuming they are one and the same.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Talys is also in the outrealms despite being located in Chrom's own world. And then what about the reference to Leanne and Naesala? And pretty much everything Owain says. That guy's a walking reference machine. A quick search also reveals that Panne makes reference to the Laguz as well saying they live in a far away land. At the very least everything in the series is now closely connected to the point that location wise it doesn't matter. The importance of characters and plot is what separates things not what patch of land they happen to be on and whether a similar patch of land is across the sea.

Then what about Ike crossing through the gate between worlds? And the fact that every continent except Tellius in Tellius's world was flooded? Sure, there could be one or two continents that Tellius doesn't know of still existing, but I doubt Magvel, Ylisse, Elibe, and Jugdral would ALL still exist. PoR and RD are definitely not the last games in the timeline either.

Also, Talys and Valm are in the Outrealms because they're also from different time periods than Chrom's era.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not sure if there is a clear answer to this, but where exactly IS Talys on the world map in awakening? My best guess would have been where Mt. Prism is, but that's connected to the continent. I don't think continental drift can explain this, 4000 years couldn't move an island that far.

I think it's stated that Ike crossed worlds into Awakening's world by Priam himself. It would explain how he was never seen again after Radiant Dawn's events.

...Maybe the Taguel are Ranulf's descendants? That sounds really weird, but..

Overall comparing the maps of Ylisse and Akaniea, the future version of the continent seems to look somehow less weathered than the past version. There are less islands and things are more connected with lakes present instead of seas separating things (specifically the Plegia region being a completely separate landmass in Marth's games). Given that I'd be willing to say it's a fantasy world so things don't need to work the way they do in our world in terms of geology.

And the game makes it quite clear that the outrealms are more like parallel worlds than anything else. There are two Aversas for one. It's entirely possible for Priam to be the descendant of Ike from the outrealms while an Ike still exists (or did exist) in the world of Awakening. As for the whole flooding issue, it took them like eight hundred years to find Hatari so it wouldn't be beyond belief that there are continents out there they don't know about.

Edited by Jotari

I'm not sure if there is a clear answer to this, but where exactly IS Talys on the world map in awakening? My best guess would have been where Mt. Prism is, but that's connected to the continent. I don't think continental drift can explain this, 4000 years couldn't move an island that far.

I think it's stated that Ike crossed worlds into Awakening's world by Priam himself. It would explain how he was never seen again after Radiant Dawn's events.

...Maybe the Taguel are Ranulf's descendants? That sounds really weird, but..

Chrom said that, Not Priam.

Overall comparing the maps of Ylisse and Akaniea, the future version of the continent seems to look somehow less weathered than the past version. There are less islands and things are more connected with lakes present instead of seas separating things (specifically the Plegia region being a completely separate landmass in Marth's games). Given that I'd be willing to say it's a fantasy world so things don't need to work the way they do in our world in terms of geology.

And the game makes it quite clear that the outrealms are more like parallel worlds than anything else. There are two Aversas for one. It's entirely possible for Priam to be the descendant of Ike from the outrealms while an Ike still exists (or did exist) in the world of Awakening. As for the whole flooding issue, it took them like eight hundred years to find Hatari so it wouldn't be beyond belief that there are continents out there they don't know about.

I agree on this. Though instead of less weathered, it more looks like that the sea-level dropped. This is even noticeable between Valentia and Valm, especially on the northern area of the continent.

Well, Hatari was still on the Tellian landmass, so I wouldn't say if it can really count. At least not as a new continent.

Well, Hatari was still on the Tellian landmass, so I wouldn't say if it can really count. At least not as a new continent.

I was just using it as an example of how they completely missed a country on their landmass meaning the possibility of them missing other continents on the other side of the ocean is quite real.

I was just using it as an example of how they completely missed a country on their landmass meaning the possibility of them missing other continents on the other side of the ocean is quite real.

But Hatari was REdiscovered. It was already known about before. Caineghis says himself that it was long thought that the wolf laguz were extinct.

But then again, they could REdiscover other lands too, who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

But Hatari was REdiscovered. It was already known about before. Caineghis says himself that it was long thought that the wolf laguz were extinct.

But then again, they could REdiscover other lands too, who knows.

just because it was rediscovered doesn't mean it wasn't lost for a period of time

Edited by shadykid

It really depends on the perspective. Since if you consider Nailah's dialogue, then the rest of Tellius was lost to Hatari as much as Hatari was lost to the rest of Tellius.

I maintain that crossing worlds could simply be going to a new continent. We used to call the America's the New World after it was discovered in the 16th century, whose to say they aren't doing the same thing?

And considering that Ashunera can drown continents she can probably either create new ones or restore the previous ones.

I maintain that crossing worlds could simply be going to a new continent. We used to call the America's the New World after it was discovered in the 16th century, whose to say they aren't doing the same thing?

And considering that Ashunera can drown continents she can probably either create new ones or restore the previous ones.

Except Awakening characters are going through a magical gate. People didn't do that to get to the Americas, plus, this is a fictional universe we're talking about here. Terminology can easily be used a little differently than how we do.

Except Awakening characters are going through a magical gate. People didn't do that to get to the Americas, plus, this is a fictional universe we're talking about here. Terminology can easily be used a little differently than how we do.

Truth is, we don't have enough information to makes a definitive choice here. I don't have access to Priam's chapter, so I can't judge....

Besides, even a magical gate, doesn't mean there wasn't another version of PoR world somewhere in a long past...

This was confirmed that there are an infinity of different worlds, were things happened differently...

So all games have had a follow up game of some sort, except for The Sacred Stones (and kind of Gadin I suppose). So the chances are we'll get another game set in Ylisee and Valm.

Just pointing out here, the country that Gaiden is setted in is what eventually becomes Valm. So technically, Gaiden is almost as linked to Awakening as the Akaneia series is.

Yeah, in fact, Valm is named after Alm himself. I actually had figured as much when I first heard its name.

Truth is, we don't have enough information to makes a definitive choice here. I don't have access to Priam's chapter, so I can't judge....

Besides, even a magical gate, doesn't mean there wasn't another version of PoR world somewhere in a long past...

This was confirmed that there are an infinity of different worlds, were things happened differently...

Huh, I see. Then I should be able to safely assume that all my favorite pairings happen in some reality or another. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Just pointing out here, the country that Gaiden is setted in is what eventually becomes Valm. So technically, Gaiden is almost as linked to Awakening as the Akaneia series is.

I'm taking the stance here (for the purpose of this thread's original topic) that Awakening isn't intrinsically linked to any other game in the series and has a chance of getting a follow up game like most games in the series. I know Valm is Gaiden's world. I say Gaiden didn't really get a follow up because though it featured a few characters from the first and third game and is definitely in the same world, it focuses on an entirely different narrative to the extent that they're nothing more than cameos similar to Anna (who didn't appear in Gaiden funnily enough).

I remember that volcano has significance to Gaiden... and that was lost in localization. Not sure what it was though.

The only clear references were obviously Valm, and the Mila tree.

I remember that volcano has significance to Gaiden... and that was lost in localization. Not sure what it was though.

The only clear references were obviously Valm, and the Mila tree.

I haven't played Gaiden but I think I read somewhere the Demon's Ingle is the remains of Gaiden's final boss...? Don't quote me on that. Edit: Or do, thanks above poster :D

I honestly think the closest we'd get to a sequel to Awakening is a game featuring Priam. Anything with the children would be tough to do without making canon parings, especially for Chrom since any of his pairings results in Lucina having a sibling. Uness maiden is made canon lol And that, we can all agree, would send fans into fits.

Edited by Owain Dark