How would a remake of FE 6 and 7 with the Awakening mechanics sounds for you all?

I love Awakening, just as much as you all do too. But for awhile now, i've been thinking how much more I would enjoy FE 6 + 7 if they were remade using 3DS capabilities. I would love to see how Lyn's voiceovers would be like as well! :D (Lyn fanboyism.)

Niniaaaaaaaan.png

No matter if they utterly kill it with horrible voice acting, or nail it with phenomenal voice acting... I'd have one reason and one reason only to buy the game. To see Eliwood be an idiot.

A FE7 + FE6 remake would be pretty cool, if they did it right. Give those thieves their rightful assassin promotion, and I'd be in. It has fairly good potential to make use of the inheritance system as well. I think it would be really interesting if parents from FE7 were able to transfer skills and stats to their FE6 counterparts. Roy might actually become usable then.

I doubt it would ever happen though.

I wouldn't want a remake of them, they're fine as-is in my opinion. And I love those battle animations, don't go and mess those up with a remake! If anything were to be remade, I'd want it to be Gaiden.

This. Gaiden is pretty much the most inaccessable of all the fire emblem games, currently.

Yes and no.

The awakening mechanics make it a completely different game. The simple system and limitations make up much of FE7's charm. As cool as pair up and second seals are, I'd rather they didn't return - at the very least, not without a lot of changes.

I'd totally be up for the support system though, as well as the two generations system. That at least seems to be what you're implying, and that would be awesome.

It would be tricky. They'd have to advertise it carefully or people would get pissed at losing the Rekka no ken cast. I also think second seals wouldn't work so well since this would presumably be a linear game (ie: no world map and grinding). Pair up, maybe, but tweaked a bit perhaps. Tbh I'm curious and slightly worried to see how similar to Awakening the next game will be, remake or not. Newbies might be turned off if they go back to a less open style, but it'd be pretty terrible if every future FE was as focused on grinding as Awakening.

Anyway, part of me wants to see it happen because I'm a fan of Elibe, but another part says it'd probably be too complicated to please new fans and those who played the originals on GBA in a linear fashion. Although it would be awesome to have Serra voice acted. Don't deny it.

As for Gaiden, I think it had some sort of world map...? So maybe that would be easier to adapt, but who knows, IS might want to stay away from remakes after 11/12 since they didn't do so well.

Yes and no.

The awakening mechanics make it a completely different game. The simple system and limitations make up much of FE7's charm. As cool as pair up and second seals are, I'd rather they didn't return - at the very least, not without a lot of changes.

I'd totally be up for the support system though, as well as the two generations system. That at least seems to be what you're implying, and that would be awesome.

I mostly was implying that the support, generations, voiceovers, battle animations and cutscenes should be implimented. IMO, i feel that this would make the games oh so much wonderful! I would have multiple orgasms if i could finally have voiceovers for Lyn :D

It would be tricky. They'd have to advertise it carefully or people would get pissed at losing the Rekka no ken cast. I also think second seals wouldn't work so well since this would presumably be a linear game (ie: no world map and grinding). Pair up, maybe, but tweaked a bit perhaps. Tbh I'm curious and slightly worried to see how similar to Awakening the next game will be, remake or not. Newbies might be turned off if they go back to a less open style, but it'd be pretty terrible if every future FE was as focused on grinding as Awakening.

Anyway, part of me wants to see it happen because I'm a fan of Elibe, but another part says it'd probably be too complicated to please new fans and those who played the originals on GBA in a linear fashion. Although it would be awesome to have Serra voice acted. Don't deny it.

As for Gaiden, I think it had some sort of world map...? So maybe that would be easier to adapt, but who knows, IS might want to stay away from remakes after 11/12 since they didn't do so well.

On the idea of grinding, I'm not really against it because in Awakening and Sacred Stones, I never really felt so forced to have to grind for exp and supports in order to be able to finish the game on Hard/Difficult with no units lost. Although I'll admit that I do get the urge every now and then >D.

They should most definitely keep those features of re-classing and the world map, because it adds so much replay value to when you are just wanting to experiment or just absolutely dominate the campaign.

Would a Remake of 7 make the tactician playable?

Tactician and Ninian/Nils would switch roles because the Avatar must be the focus!!!!

I would be fine with a playable Tactician as long as they did not impact the story more than the original.

I think 6 and 7 are fine the way they are. Moreover, when it comes to Lyn I'm a little nervous because her voice in Brawl was aweful. However, I thought the voice acting in Awakening was just fine.

Speaking of Awakening gameplay style... After I finished FE13 I went back to play FE4 for the 900th time and I tried having people stand next to each other to activate the dual strike feature. Yeah...

FE6, on the other hand, is perfect. If they were to remake it, they would probably ruin it.

Yes, with it's shitty Lord, bad growths and awful hit rates... Oh, wait! I just remembered that you just have Marcus kill everything, never mind.

Yes, with it's shitty Lord, bad growths and awful hit rates... Oh, wait! I just remembered that you just have Marcus kill everything, never mind.

Marcus kill everything in fe6..? Hahahaha thats a good joke. He actually kind of falls off after a bit of time.

Actually play the game before you make jokes about it boy. The hit rates are actually quite similar to FE7 apart from lower axe rates. Oh but wait you haven't played that either.

Edited by Jedi

Oh so you mean now instead of Thany/Florina losing half her speed when she ferries Roy/Hector, she actually gains some from Roy's/Hector's pair up bonuses, and we don't actually ever need to drop Roy to seize the throne, just switch the lead unit in the pair? Okay, let's break /another/ game.

Oh so you mean now instead of Thany/Florina losing half her speed when she ferries Roy/Hector, she actually gains some from Roy's/Hector's pair up bonuses, and we don't actually ever need to drop Roy to seize the throne, just switch the lead unit in the pair? Okay, let's break /another/ game.

Then you'd have insane stuff like Miledy/Zeiss sibling power later. Among other things. Percival with a defensive boost from Douglas making him even more unstoppable etc.

Edited by Jedi

Actually play the game before you make jokes about it boy. The hit rates are actually quite similar to FE7 apart from lower axe rates. Oh but wait you haven't played that either.

I've seen all I need to from Horace's playlog of FE6, thank you very much!

Then you'd have insane stuff like Miledy/Zeiss sibling power later. Among other things. Percival with a defensive boost from Douglas making him even more unstoppable etc.

I agree with the Pair up mechanics making the game a little too easy. Awakening didn't feel as hard to me as the other ones because of the pair up system, IMO, i feel that should one of the mechanics that should be tweaked slightly to make balancing a little more easier.