Smash Bros. trailer confirmed for E3, what are your hopes?

Robinigo

Take this with a grain of salt, but here's two articles for us to speculate on:

http://www.examiner.com/article/super-smash-bros-4-3ds-and-wii-u-character-roster-size-teased

http://www.examiner.com/article/super-smash-bros-4-3ds-and-wii-u-two-character-potentially-revealed

Bayonetta certainly seems like a rather interesting option into Smash, though it seems like they were quick to put her in the game considering that her first Nintendo game is for Wii U (though it is a Wii U exclusive so that might count for something).

Also a nice expansive and liberal roster is pretty sweet. Hopefully it gets balanced.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.examiner.com/article/super-smash-bros-4-3ds-and-wii-u-character-roster-size-teased

http://www.examiner.com/article/super-smash-bros-4-3ds-and-wii-u-two-character-potentially-revealed

Bayonetta certainly seems like a rather interesting option into Smash, though it seems like they were quick to put her in the game considering that her first Nintendo game is for Wii U (though it is a Wii U exclusive so that might count for something).

Also a nice expansive and liberal roster is pretty sweet. Hopefully it gets balanced.

Oh yeah, she WAS part of Sega's and Nintendo deal as well! I forgot that bit!

But didn't Sakurai himself say that he wasn't focusing so much on adding more characters? This is kind of a contradiction. Not that I'd complain about a large roster (balancing issues really doesn't matter a lot to me unless we get Meta Knights, so, yeah).

If this is really true though, Ike has even more of a chance of sticking around! I want to play with our lovable blue-haired mercenary commander again so bad!

Edited by Anacybele

Like Dinfinitysignfina said, take it with a grain of salt.

And I would definitely take the Bayonetta one with a grain of salt because Hideki Kamiya (The guy who made Bayonetta) said some rude stuff to Smash Fans on his twitter after fans asking about Bayonetta and a few others appearing in Smash 4.

Even though we had Snake in Smash Bros, considering Bayonetta's powers all employ her hair, which is also her *clothes*, it's very improbable our favourite stripper witch is going to make it into Smash Bros. Snake's from a series of M-rated games but he doesn't take his clothes off to fire his rockets (no euphemism intended). The weirdness of MGS can be separated from Snake but it's hard to isolate Bayonetta from the sexual factor.

Seems like a crazy rumour to me.

Well, here's one person hoping that Namco's participation will net them a 3rd party character; Pac-man could be ok, but being an overly biased Tales fan, I would prefer Lloyd or one of the other Tales game protagonists to be featured in the lineup, simply because they would fit into the fighting scheme so much more than Pac-man ever could. Totally waiting to see one in the trailer; in fact, I feel there's a high chance, so I'm super excited (especially if its Lloyd). :3

As for other female characters, which the roster really needs more of, I have a few ideas, but the only concrete one to me that would work at the moment is Krystal since she could have a unique fighting style compared to the other Star Fox characters if they use her Star Fox Adventures persona. I know I'd LOVE to have a staff wielding fighter in the roster.

Oh, and I wish they'd incorporate Wolf Link form into Link's B-down like Sheik with Zelda; I would rather have Wolf Form than bombs any day!

A female Pokemon trainer with either Piplup, Grotle, and Infernape or Snivy, Pignite, and Samurott would work for me in terms of female characters. :D

I'd love to see Daisy too (as her own character, not a stupid costume for Peach), but making her unique compared to Peach would probably be difficult.

Yeah, I think Bayonetta is a little... out there in terms of fitting in with Smash. But at least it provides something new to talk about. ^_^

Just a friendly reminder. Only ONE MORE DAY before the trailer. Can you feel the sunshine HYPE!?

Edited by Jedi

Just a friendly reminder. Only ONE MORE DAY before the trailer. Can you feel the sunshine HYPE!?

I'm so excite I can't handle it.

Why is it only Monday, gosh darn it? Time, move faster. >_<

I'm so excite I can't handle it.

Why is it only Monday, gosh darn it? Time, move faster. >_<

If only we had a time machine! Although it would be silly to use for just one day xD.

Think about it. If we had a time machine, we would have the game already.

And that's why I dislike people wanting time machines.

Edited by Konnor97

I wish it was later in the day because getting up at 8am to watch this will suck....

oh well, I'll get back from work and it'll be like YAY NEW GAMES.

I'm glad it's early because I work later in mid-afternoon! It's 10AM in my timezone anyway, which isn't bad. I CAN'T WAIT.

*crosses fingers for RD Ike duking it out*

Going to make a reallllly general guess as to who we see tomorrow for new fighters, if any.

One Retro Character (We've seen Ice Climbers and Pit in the past E3 announcements, I'm personally hoping for Takamaru).

One Female Character (We got Peach and Zero Suit Samus in the past two E3s. Candidates for this are Dixie Kong, Palutena and Krystal)

One Villain (Bowser in E3 2001. Meta Knight and Wario [Event Matches considered them villains]. I really don't know who this could be, because King K. Rool and Ridley strike me as unlockable characters, though I can't deny how much of a reaction including these characters would include if they were shown later today).

and any other spots are going to be for characters who they feel can generate a bunch of hype (Little Mac, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Toad, MegaMan, and really any other popular character).

I would say they'd just load it up with popular characters, but I don't think anyone was really excited for Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus or Pit.

Going to make a reallllly general guess as to who we see tomorrow for new fighters, if any.

One Retro Character (We've seen Ice Climbers and Pit in the past E3 announcements, I'm personally hoping for Takamaru).

One Female Character (We got Peach and Zero Suit Samus in the past two E3s. Candidates for this are Dixie Kong, Palutena and Krystal)

One Villain (Bowser in E3 2001. Meta Knight and Wario [Event Matches considered them villains]. I really don't know who this could be, because King K. Rool and Ridley strike me as unlockable characters, though I can't deny how much of a reaction including these characters would include if they were shown later today).

and any other spots are going to be for characters who they feel can generate a bunch of hype (Little Mac, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Toad, MegaMan, and really any other popular character).

I would say they'd just load it up with popular characters, but I don't think anyone was really excited for Ice Climbers, Zero Suit Samus or Pit.

I'm going to agree with this. We were chatting about this over skype. We'll see how accurate it is tomorrow.