4. 4. Aptitude or Paragon?

• Aptitude
    • Paragon
    • Neither
  5. 5. All Stats+2 or Rally Spectrum?

• Rally Spectrum
    • All Stats+2
    • Neither

Rounds 10-14 will be on this thread because of poll question limits. Mods can delete old threads to their heart's content if thread clutter is an issue.

[PLEASE READ]

Every day I'll add a new section to the poll, so you will have to delete your original answer and redo the poll including the new question if you wish to vote for it. Sorry if there are any problems to this with mobile devices or something.

Rules: (subject to change)

-The skills are based on the game play of the skill, and which is better in most situations in which they are both usable by the same character. (Don't factor Stahl into Luna-Ignis arguments) Unless I say differently, availability can be used as an argument. I'll say so in the thread if there is an exception.

-Proc. rates ARE factored in, but base it only on the raw numbers, not on a character's skill or luck. (People who use Astra typically have higher skill, but it technically activates as much as Aether)

-Bias can be talked about in the forum, but don't let it influence a decision as much as possible.(Sol looks stupid, and therefore Sol is a stupid skill)

-If a skill "plays nice" with other skills, that can be taken into consideration, but keep the focus on the said skill. (Don't go nuts with X+Galeforce is good stuff)

-Rightful King can be used as an argument point, regardless.

-Skills are based on Fire Emblem: Awakening situations only. (Sol doesn't do 3x damage)

-No general difficulty or game setting such as hard or lunatic mode, but stuff like "Lethality is better in Luna+ Streetpass teams" is kinda iffy.

-Assume all Streetpass and DLC features are available.

020.pngVantage: When HP under half, always attack first during the enemy's Turn. Myrmidon Lv. 10

033.pngWrath: When HP under half, Crit+20. Berserker Lv. 5

-

Normally you see these 2 skills paired up, as they go pretty darn well together. Throw in Vengeance and a forged crit killer weapon and you get pretty scary. If I had one or the other though, I'd have wrath, so I could actually kill stuff. Vantage is only a real help when you are KOing on that one hit.

Edited by Melonhead

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither, since Wrath is pretty underwhelming (the crit boost isn't enough to warrant waltzing around with at least half your HP gone), and Vantage, as I see it, sounds great on paper, but isn't all that useful in actual practice.

Voted Vantage.

Having to be at half HP JUST to have a 20% crit boost is life endangering and the boost not rewarding enough. It just keeps getting weaker and weaker as the series goes on.

Vantage, meanwhile, can save your life and pairs well with a lot more skills (both defensively and offensively). It's also not a gender-exclusive skill and is obtained sooner, but even without those considerations, I'd say Vantage is more desirable.

Edited by Sublime Manic

Voted Vantage.

Having to be at half HP JUST to have a 20% crit boost is life endangering and the boost not rewarding enough. It just keeps getting weaker and weaker as the series goes on.

Vantage, meanwhile, can save your life and pairs well with a lot more skills (both defensively and offensively). It's also not a gender-exclusive skill and is obtained sooner, but even without those considerations, I'd say Vantage is more desirable.

Agreed on Wrath getting worse as the series goes on. Personally, I'd have voted Vantage if it was the same as FE9 Vantage, as opposed to FE4 Vantage.

When I voted, I was the only Vantage vote and it was actually losing to Wrath. And now it's winning. Yaaaay! I expect it'll win by a pretty steep landslide, too.

Meanwhile, I expect to remain as the lone holdout who turns up his nose at both of these skills.

...And just as I post this, someone else voted for neither of them...

Edited by Levant Fortner

...And just as I post this, someone else voted for neither of them...

That was me. The dealbreaker for me was that they are pretty much only good comboed with another skill (including each other), and there are many skills that can work just as well or maybe even better, than either of their combos. In the long run, they're pretty neglectable.

Agreed on Wrath getting worse as the series goes on. Personally, I'd have voted Vantage if it was the same as FE9 Vantage, as opposed to FE4 Vantage.

Yeah. Admittedly, Wrath is TOO good in the Jugdral games, though.

That was me. The dealbreaker for me was that they are pretty much only good comboed with another skill (including each other), and there are many skills that can work just as well or maybe even better, than either of their combos. In the long run, they're pretty neglectable.

I was thinking the same thing, more-or-less. It didn't help that in Wrath's case, the crit boost isn't enough to justify being so low health wise, and in Vantage's case, it's only really useful if the enemy's weak enough to kill in one hit, else I'll have to hope the counterattack doesn't connect and make me lose all my hard work.

Yeah. Admittedly, Wrath is TOO good in the Jugdral games, though.

Auto-crit on counterattacks (Thracia 776) is brutal.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Wrath is only good if comboed with Vantage.

Vantage can be comboed with Sol, Wrath, Vengeance, and a myriad of other things, and is all-in-all exceptionally useful.

Vantage.

Now if it were FE5 Wrath vs FE9 Vantage, I'd... not know what to pick.

Vantage is amazing by itself or alone. Why bother with healing when I can Vantage my way through everything? Longbows are extremely rare so all a Vantage user needs is 1. good dual strike rate (for KOs) and 2. a ranged weapon (for counters) to be amazing at tanking or whatever you want to call it.

Also dual strikes and a ranged weapon isn't a tall order at all. Vantage > most skills in the game 9/10 (jk about the giving it a number).

Vantage is a nice skill. I keep vantage as a filler skill until I get all the skills I want. Wrath is decent.

Vantage + Wrath + Sol + Killer Weapon/Brave Weapon = Fun.

Edited by Kamina

Vantage is amazing by itself or alone. Why bother with healing when I can Vantage my way through everything? Longbows are extremely rare so all a Vantage user needs is 1. good dual strike rate (for KOs) and 2. a ranged weapon (for counters) to be amazing at tanking or whatever you want to call it.

Also dual strikes and a ranged weapon isn't a tall order at all. Vantage > most skills in the game 9/10 (jk about the giving it a number).

Maybe because I'd be a fool to take dual strikes for granted? Or maybe because I can't expect everything to die before they get a shot at me (particularly if I'm using a 1-2 range weapon that isn't a tome)?

Vantage is what essentially allows you to live at half health and own everything with Wrath+Vengeance

If you only have Wrath and not Vantage, the enemy's still gonna smack you in the face before you maul him.

Vantage is what essentially allows you to live at half health and own everything with Wrath+Vengeance

If you only have Wrath and not Vantage, the enemy's still gonna smack you in the face before you maul him.

Words of wisdom. Vantage alone is way more useful than Wrath is, plus Vantage+Sol is a pretty nice combo in my book.

Vantage has saved my life multiple times. Made training Say'ri so I can force her to kill Yen'fay a lot easier. I've never had Vantage used with Wrath OR Vengeance before. 8D; I prefer more reliable skills, even if I'm playing in Casual.

If Wrath was +50%, I may have thought twice, but in this case, Vantage is clearly the best. Being able to kill threats (or at least damage them greatly is priceless)

Edited by TendaSlime

MACHI BUSE-- I mean AMBUSH--- I mean VANTAGE.

Yep, like everyone said before, Vantage + Sol... add that with a Nosferatu/Aversa's Night and you have 56 Limit Breakers before Chapter 9.

Wow, this is a landslide...

Well... the only one I can think of that would be fitting with that skill... Noire.

And people don't generally pass that skill down to her because it... you know... sucks.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If Wrath was the same as it was in FE5, Wrath would be winning. I think it would be hilarious if the enemies in Lunatic+ could randomly get FE5's version of Wrath.

Edited by Kamina

Yep, like everyone said before, Vantage + Sol... add that with a Nosferatu/Aversa's Night and you have 56 Limit Breakers before Chapter 9.

Well... the only one I can think of that would be fitting with that skill... Noire.

And people don't generally pass that skill down to her because it... you know... sucks.

Still, relying on chance to try (and most likely fail, unless the enemy was weak enough that one hit would've killed them anyway) to kill an enemy before they get a shot at you doesn't sound like good strategy to me.

You mean Wrath? I agree - at least in Tellius, the crit boost was rather hefty. And I don't see Wrath as recommended for passing down in general because it... just... sucks. Hell, 20 crit isn't even that rewarding for being under half health when I can just slap on a killer weapon or something and outdo it.

Edited by Levant Fortner

092.pngResistance+10: Resistance+10. Dread Fighter Lv. 1

066.pngTomebreaker: Hit/Avo +50 when enemy is equipped with a tome. Sorcerer Lv. 15

-

Spaceman Craig suggested this, and well, here it is. I vote Resistance+10 due to it breaking caps, and generally makes a unit immune or very resistant to magic, sorta nullifying it.