Worst unit in the game

Chiki

Lissa isn't a good unit though... She's actually pretty bad. I was pointing out that it's actually a useful pairing because it gives early Cynthia and stuff.

Good point. Though, why pair Lissa when Cordelia exists?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to say Donnel. Sure, he has Aptitude and Peg. Knight reclass to girls (if you care about Galeforce), but he's really not that special in the end.

Because Cordelia won't always be used? Between Lissa and Cordelia there's an extremely high chance of getting Cynthia which was my point.

Cordelia's magic stat is far lower than Lissa, and the Rescue staff's range is calculated by the characters MAG divided by 2.

Cordelia's magic stat is far lower than Lissa, and the Rescue staff's range is calculated by the characters MAG divided by 2.

I was referring to pairing one of them in order to access Cynthia's paralogue earlier than after Chapter 18.

And good point, bearclaw.

Edited by Zeem

Donnel is completely useless in an LTC context.

The sun is warm, the grass is green. More banal observations from Chiki.

Pretty much every character has some aspect of play that they can contribute to, depending on context. Even Donnel is useful as a blood sacrifice in his Paralogue, honestly.

The sun is warm, the grass is green. More banal observations from Chiki.

Pretty much every character has some aspect of play that they can contribute to, depending on context. Even Donnel is useful as a blood sacrifice in his Paralogue, honestly.

Donnel can't contribute to anything that isn't casual.

Anyone can be used as a "blood sacrifice," so that isn't a point in Donnel's favor.

Donnel really is the worst unit in a quick-paced game. He's harder to train than most people you have and everyone ends up doing just as well near the end of the game.

Really, he's only hailed by people who love green numbers and Armthrift, which is overrated ingame.

Donnel really is the worst unit in a quick-paced game. He's harder to train than most people you have and everyone ends up doing just as well near the end of the game.

Really, he's only hailed by people who love green numbers and Armthrift, which is overrated ingame.

You have to admit, though. He makes good use of Leif's Blade.

Yeah, Armsthrift would have been much more useful in a game that wasn't practically raining money. The only other game in which it could have been less useful is Sacred Stones, which is ironically the spiritual predecessor to this game.

Donnel can't contribute to anything that isn't casual.

That encompasses a pretty wide swath of playstyles, though. There's a single One Ring™ baloney, and then innumerable other things. For example, even untrained Donnel is a pretty decent father to Morgan, because of Aptitude.

Anyone can be used as a "blood sacrifice," so that isn't a point in Donnel's favor.

Whoops, looks like someone is mad that Donnel isn't actually useless. The Chiki Method of argument: if you're wrong, don't admit it, just change the parameters until you can be right.

Okay: the only other game I've played. But to be fair, Sacred Stones had to have been prepping you for secret shops all game or something. How on Earth are you going to spend all of those funds otherwise? lol.

That encompasses a pretty wide swath of playstyles, though. For example, even untrained Donnel is a pretty decent father to Morgan, because of Aptitude.

I've never seen someone who talks so much and says so little. I just removed the rest of your post where you actually said something so I could reply to it.

I just listed a bunch of playstyles which you ignored. Care to suggest a challenging playstyle in which Donnel is useful?

Anyway, Donnel's crappy base stats drag Morgan's bases down, so it makes him/her harder to train as well. As Donnel has shitty base stats, Aptitude will only matter when you grind--since it'll bring Morgan's stats to the same as a proper unit being her mother. I doubt anyone will pair up the Avatar will Donnel when you can have a Manakete Morgan.

Why underrated?

The prevalent opinion seems to be that he completely sucks, even though he’s exactly the type of unit many people like to train (in the vein of Nino, FE8 trainees). He’s quite good when trained too, unlike those units. He’ll outstat most characters for the majority of the game after getting over a tiny hump (in NM, HM).

He has easy access to 100% Armshrift Helswath and Sol. Aptitude makes some kid amazing. He gives both Galeforce and Armshrift access to some lucky child if desired. Etcetc

I do think he’s the “worst” character by a good margin, but I had lots of fun with Donnel and Donnel!Owain my very first FE13 run. >_>

Donnel's actually harder to train than Nino is, though.

Nino isn't facing certain death against EVERY enemy in her joining chapter, unlike Pothead.

Are you sure it's true in Normal and Hard? I didn't find him hard to train at all my first run.

Plus, Donnel comes around Chapter 4. Nino comes around Chapter 26/28. At least if I train Donnel for a chapter or 2 he demolishes the rest of the game. <_<