SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's also not advertising Pokemon X and Y. His link leads to the Pokemon website.

Interesting considering all the Lucario stuff in X/Y

So out of the contested 7 (my term of the 7 brawl characters alot of people seem to think beyond a doubt are cut)

Sonic, Toon Link and Lucario have been confirmed. Good signs for the other four. Them being Ike, Snake, Lucas and Wolf

Yus! Lucario's in!

Perhaps this means that the Pokémon bank is released now?!

We can only hope....

I'm happy Lucario is back! He was fun to use. But considering that he and Mewtwo were both originally supposed to be in Brawl, do you think this hurts Mewtwo's chances of making a come back??? I kinda like both...

Its kinda neat that Lucario is confirmed, but I kinda wondered that the Pokemon Trainer might going to be revealed soon?

And also, Daily Photo shown today:

LucarioSSBWiiU_zpse63e5980.jpg

Edited by King Marth 64

Awesome. Lucario's back. =D

screen-1.jpg

It's good to finally see some Pokemon related content after seeing nothing Pokemon related confirmed for SSB4 besides Pikachu and Xerneas for the longest time. I mean, not even having any Pokeball Pokemon shown yet seems weird. And I'm also really glad to see that Lucario didn't get cut, since he was my most wanted newcomer in Brawl that actually made it in, he's probably the best and most iconic Pokemon rep in terms of the newer generations (I don't count Mega Evolutions), and he's one of the coolest looking Smash Bros. characters in my opinion.

I'll admit, I was kind of hoping for the Ice Climbers reveal to be today (not so far of a stretch since Peach was revealed the day after Super Mario Bros.' anniversary), but I'm glad about the Lucario reveal today, since Lucario's playable status was much more questionable than the Ice Climbers.

So out of the contested 7 (my term of the 7 brawl characters alot of people seem to think beyond a doubt are cut)

Sonic, Toon Link and Lucario have been confirmed. Good signs for the other four. Them being Ike, Snake, Lucas and Wolf

Lucas and Wolf, I'm quite confident they won't cut. I mean, both are quite iconic and major to their respective game series and if Toon Link didn't get cut for being similar to regular Link, I doubt Lucas and Wolf will get cut for being similar to Ness and Fox/Falco.

Ike's status, I suppose that's up to Intelligent Systems (though I'd say his chances are slightly above 50%, at worst, which is still decent). Even though the "updating the Pokemon and FE reps" pattern didn't apply to Lucario and SSB4 as we found out today, there's no guarantee IS will share the same sentiment Game Freak did.

Snake, well, I suppose that one lies with Kojima. Snake better not be in Smash again... (and please don't try to argue or change my stance on that)

I was actually hoping Lucario would be cut, since Sakurai has said that not everyone will be back and Lucario was one of the most expendable roster members (Toon Link, too. And he's also back).

This also hurts Mewtwo's chances, too, and Mewtwo's way cooler than Lucario is. Before you call me a "genwunner", I like plenty of later-gen Pokemon, such as Talonflame, Aegislash, Meloetta, Tyrantrum, Volcarona, and Torterra (to name a few. Though I'll admit that none of these would really be Smash material). I even like the much-maligned Vanilluxe. I just don't like Lucario.

Well, nothing I can do about this now (not that I could have done anything to influence Sakurai before).

I wouldn't really say it's good signs for the other 4 considering Sakurai confirmed there were cuts and if it's not Toon Link or Lucario, the others are in an even more questionable position. Out of those 7 however, I only really cared for Sonic and Snake, the others are highly expendable. Although to be honest, I don't think there'll be many cuts. 2-5 at most. I hope it's one of the remaining four, except Snake given he wasn't involved in the PlayStation All-Stars and was the introductory character for the third-party characters.

Out of the remaining, I guess I like Ike the most, only for his playstyle. Whilst Lucas and Wolf are indeed different from Ness/Fox/Falco, I really wouldn't mind if they were removed. I don't think Lucas will be however, Wolf I would gladly have replaced for Crystal.

Like others I didn't think Lucario would be back. Interesting. o.o

Sakurai never said FOR SURE that there would be cuts though. I'm pretty sure he said there would only be cuts if time became an issue.

NICE. I'll try to main Lucario this time. I could never really do anything with him in Brawl despite knowing a lot about him. :/

Lucario!

Oh my gosh, my siblings are going to lose it. He's pretty much the house favorite. :3

I wonder if his Final Smash will be him activating his Mega Evolution or something... hmm.

Sakurai never said FOR SURE that there would be cuts though. I'm pretty sure he said there would only be cuts if time became an issue.

When someone says they're trying to make as little cuts to the cast as possible generally means that there will be cuts.

I don't know, given how bad the Wii U does compared to the Wii, this game might not have that luxury.

Plus, having this game released this year would probably help to calm Nintendo's shareholders.

Seeing how they had to learn recently that Nintendo would sell less then 3 million Wii Us instead of the promised 9 million until march, it might be good to show them something before the end of the year.

Edited by BrightBow

If time becomes an issue, they delay the game.

With Nintendo's current sink and large deficit to the point where Iwata cuts his salary in half and other workers salary by 20-30%, I think that's one of the last things they'd want to do. :(

Sakurai only said there would be cuts if there were time constraints, to this point everyone in brawl is being put into Smash 4 its only a matter of time and character priority.

If the game is going to slowly to meet Sakurai ambitions of this year we may see cuts yes. But its a highly rude thing to expect them considering this man was pained to take Roy and Mewtwo among others out of Brawl

Sakurai only said there would be cuts if there were time constraints, to this point everyone in brawl is being put into Smash 4 its only a matter of time and character priority.

If the game is going to slowly to meet Sakurai ambitions of this year we may see cuts yes. But its a highly rude thing to expect them considering this man was pained to take Roy and Mewtwo among others out of Brawl

Erhm, no... it's definitely not rude to expect cuts regardless of there being time constraints or not.

I personally thought that Lucario would be one of the characters on the "to-be-cut" list, due to him being two generations ago. Then I completely forgot about his Mega Evolution. So which is it gonna be, Aura Cannon or Mega Evolve?

It's not even a question of rudeness or politeness, what.

It is actually considering assuming people are going to be cut by the masses completely goes against Sakurai's feelings on characters and fans in smash.

So don't give me that reproach and attitude. We've had quite enough bickering in this thread as is and I wish to keep it at a minimum. I get utterly sick at the fact that people believe Sakurai would go "So and So is gone" its only the matter of time and resources. That and which characters have higher priority during said possible constraints

It is actually considering assuming people are going to be cut by the masses completely goes against Sakurai's feelings on characters and fans in smash.

So don't give me that reproach and attitude. We've had quite enough bickering in this thread as is and I wish to keep it at a minimum. I get utterly sick at the fact that people believe Sakurai would go "So and So is gone" its only the matter of time and resources. That and which characters have higher priority during said possible constraints

But I doubt any of these people believe so because they think that Sakurai is someone who only cares about his next paycheck. So I don't see how this is insulting.

For my part, I expect him to be the kind of person who would by his own choice cut off even more his sleeping time, just to deliver the best quality product possible at the deadline.

But for one thing he himself may little control over having to make cuts. For another, he has to keep the interest of his companies in mind anyway and it would be irresponsible to delay things indefinitely just so that any little polygon is set just right.

Neither of these things are helped by Nintendo's current financial situation.

Edited by BrightBow