SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debates like this are why I sometimes wish all Fire Emblem had for characters in Smash Bros. was Marth.

....I can actually agree to this. Due that unfortunate cut for Roy, it seems like that's all that's discussed when it comes to FE in Smash; who's staying and who's not. Who should, and who shouldn't.

IMO, unless they were only a guest, no character should be included and just discarded, cause then, what was the point of even putting them in to begin with? It sort of de stabilizes the cast if you ask me. Of course, if there was no avoiding it, that is understandable. I'm one of those people who doesn't care which is better, so long as they're there. The FE characters are a guaranteed main for me, so having all three lords that appeared at once is my favored choice. Granted, it's unlikely, so I'll settle with the assumption of there being 3 FE characters, regardless of whether those 2 slots are Roy, Ike, or Chrom/Robin (or Lucina) duo

Edited by Hero-King

Still, the Western audiences are important to game sales, causing quite a bit of income for Nintendo's games, so there might be a little appeal to them.

Exactly, the west needs catering too, we love Nintendo just as much as the Japanese do. And if Nintendo wants more profit, which they need right now, they need to appeal to all of us, not just their Japanese fans.

I've gotta say...Awakening is doing great here, but...does North America want Ike or Chrom? Or do they want someone else?

DUDE. What if there was an "import data" feature that allowed you to use save data from other games for this? Like, for example, if Robin was in, Robin's appearance. Can't think of how many games could be used, though.

I think we should not try to even guess how he thinks. He's the man who gives us Wii Fit Trainer or adds pratfalling to his Brawl.

Actually, after looking at Project M and playing Melee, I really miss Roy.

Edited by Rezire

I've gotta say...Awakening is doing great here, but...does North America want Ike or Chrom? Or do they want someone else?

DUDE. What if there was an "import data" feature that allowed you to use save data from other games for this? Like, for example, if Robin was in, Robin's appearance. Can't think of how many games could be used, though.

People want Ike, People want Chrom or Lucina, people want Roy, people want Lyn, there are still those bitter that Leif didn't make it into melee despite the original plan of him being there then Sakurai saw Roys design and we all know what happened next.

Fe is the most messy series to choose characters from due to it having so many main characters. Maybe as Doofina said sticking only Marth in would be better because then we wouldn't feel entitled to have our personal favorite lords in smash.

Then again I'd be sad considering both of my fav lords have been playable in smash. There are also people who wish for Sigurd or Anna due to her various series apperences.

Then the super unlikely but personal favorite fe character of Sakurais named Navarre exists and that would be hilarious if it happened (it won't obviously lol)

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Anyone here like Attack on Titan? I found this:

haha, this is amazing. i can't stop replaying this

People want Ike, People want Chrom or Lucina, people want Roy, people want Lyn, there are still those bitter that Leif didn't make it into melee despite the original plan of him being there then Sakurai saw Roys design and we all know what happened next.

Fe is the most messy series to choose characters from due to it having so many main characters. Maybe as Doofina said sticking only Marth in would be better because then we wouldn't feel entitled to have our personal favorite lords in smash.

Then again I'd be sad considering both of my fav lords have been playable in smash. There are also people who wish for Sigurd or Anna due to her various series apperences.

Then the super unlikely but personal favorite fe character of Sakurais named Navarre exists and that would be hilarious if it happened (it won't obviously lol)

yeah, agreed bro. FE is a messy series to choose from. I wouldn't mind just having marth tbh, but yeah it'd be sad to see roy and ike go

haha, yeah it would be hilarious if navarre joined lol

I dunno, I think debates would be just as bad if it had been only Marth up to now. Only people would be arguing much more fiercely for older Lords like Lyn and Sigurd (no "recency" counter-argument), recurring characters like Tiki and Anna (because the "Lords-only" perception wouldn't exist), and their Awakening crush.

Personally I think Ike will stay, and I hope Lucina or MU make it in over Chrom. But ideally I'd love to have a surprise newcomer.

I dunno, I think debates would be just as bad if it had been only Marth up to now. Only people would be arguing much more fiercely for older Lords like Lyn and Sigurd (no "recency" counter-argument), recurring characters like Tiki and Anna (because the "Lords-only" perception wouldn't exist), and their Awakening crush.

Personally I think Ike will stay, and I hope Lucina or MU make it in over Chrom. But ideally I'd love to have a surprise newcomer.

With the current trend of Newcomers I am honestly not sure anymore who will appear of FE

My guess: Marth, Ike, Chrom paired with Robin, and Lucina as a costume for Marth.

This is what I'm hoping will happen, but can't get my hopes up.... >_<

I kinda hope that Roy and Ike stays and don't get cut in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.

I wish Finn was in Fire Emblem.

The blue haired Lance Knight from the Judgral series? He's in the Fire Emblem series already or you're referring about the Video Game?

Edited by King Marth 64

As long as you can choose Avatar's gender, I wouldn't mind seeing Chrom and Avatar as a pair. Otherwise, if Avatar is female only, it'll cause annoying fangirls to scream that Chrom x Female Avatar is automatically canon (even though this would not be true) and if it's male only, the same fangirls will rage at not being able to play as their beloved pairing. >_>

And I'm sure many of us don't want this. I'm not saying that my dislike of Chrom x Avatar is a factor in all this, it's way more that one of the reasons I dislike the pairing in the first place is a factor (that reason being annoying portion of the fanbase).

Ana, I think you're overreacting on that assumption. Chrom x FemRobin playable as a pair is a ridiculous longshot.

Yeah, you might be right. Nevermind then. lol

Pair up being a factor would be interesting. But its unlikely

But I'm more interested if there is an awakening character if they will add some attacks from possible reclasses of the character they choose

Pair up added for ssb4 would be like doing another Rosalina & Luma (do not read it as clones plz), I dunno if they will have time enough for such purposes.

And Robin, Avatar or whatever My Unit or "FE!Mii" is for teh casualz, how are they going to represent FE consistently? If they plan introducing Avatar and such, then I sadly prefer seeing only Marth, as DoofDoof said

Pair up being a factor would be interesting. But its unlikely

I don't think its that unlikely. Pair Up combos can create a unique character, which is the name of the game this time.

I don't think its that unlikely. Pair Up combos can create a unique character, which is the name of the game this time.

But Rosalina and Luma wouldn't stand out as much, if uniqueness is the goal then pair up would have to work drastically different from her or the ice climbers.

You told me the same in regards to magic staff users when I mentioned my small want for Krystal, that if Palutena were in it wouldn't be unique for either at that point.

Samus and ZSS, Zelda and Sheik, Rosalina and Luma, Popo and Nana.

Those are four different duos of characters, yet all four are totally different from the other. Surely a Fire Emblem pair can stand out as well.

Samus and ZSS, Zelda and Sheik, Rosalina and Luma, Popo and Nana.

Those are four different duos of characters, yet all four are totally different from the other. Surely a Fire Emblem pair can stand out as well.

Maybe so. This is Sakurai after all.

I'd be more worried about the neckbeards whining about "the evils of feminism" if the Avatar is confirmed female than fangirls whining about it making "Chrom+Avatar" canon. And, if the Avatar is male-only in Smash and in a pair-up team with Chrom, I'd be more worried about the "Moral Guardians" claiming that Smash Bros. has some sort of "gay agenda".

Truthfully, I don't really like the idea of characters that are customizable in their universe being in Smash unless they are as customizable there as they are in their own games (which would be a huge waste of resources, making it better to just not include the customizable characters at all). I let Pokemon Trainer slide in Brawl because he was clearly based on Red, who was male-only as a player character in the original R/B/Y games and also male-only as the final boss of G/S/C and HG/SS (though it would've been nice if Game Freak included a feature in HG/SS where, if you had a FR/LG game in the GBA slot with the girl character, you would fight Leaf on Mt. Silver instead of Red, but I digress). If you're going to make a character customizable by the player, making a "canon" version of the character defeats the entire point of customization (renameable characters having canon names, like Link for instance, is different in my opinion, though I can't really explain why).

But, of course, Sakurai already put the Villager in to represent Animal Crossing (I would've gone with Tom Nook or someone), so he obviously doesn't share my views on this regard.

A data import option would solve the issue of canonical Avatar. Copying from a digital version of Awakening is easy enough, and copying from card to card certainly isn't impossible. (Well, at least not with the PSP. Not sure here.) And if no data is imported, generic Robin!