SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Or they could reveal some character completely unrelated to the DK Series. Any anniversaries of major releases in franchises tomorrow?

None.

But DKC: Tropical Freeze comes out in Japan tomorrow.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing both Diddy and Dixie. These Nintendo Directs are usually when they reveal newcomers. They probably won't have one just for Diddy, but revealing Dixie (or any other DK character) before him would be kind of out of place.

Or they could reveal some character completely unrelated to the DK Series. Any anniversaries of major releases in franchises tomorrow?

Lastly, the could troll everyone and decide not to include any new Smash Bros. stuff in this Nintendo Direct.

I'm unsure of anniversaries currently, and there was one exception to the newcomer at direct rule. Sonic, that's why Snake is on my radar for this one alongside the idea of the fifth newcomer

It might sound boring to use the direct ONLY for Diddy, but then again, Luigi's reveal was in a direct and he was the only Smash Bros related thing shown, so...

Who knows. It could be Diddy, it could be both him and Dixie, or it could be someone unrelated to the DK series all together.

I'm betting tonight's pic will be Diddy, then in the Direct tomorrow there will be a newcomer trailer that starts with DK and Diddy in the jungle. Everyone will be hyped for Dixie or K Rool, when suddenly, Ridley Palutena will come flying out and troll everyone.

Having a new character would be nice, but I honestly prefer to have more details on games that we don't have much yet, or a release date for games like SSB4

Yeah, actual info on Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem would be really nice.

But I also like the idea of tonight's Smash pic of the day being Diddy and then getting a newcomer in the Direct. Or Ike <3.

Since today's Miiverse post refers to the Direct, I'm guessing it'll be a newcomer since this situation is very similar to the Rosalina reveal. If I had to pick two characters that I think would be revealed as a newcomer for this Direct, I'd think it's either Little Mac or Palutena.

Solo Dixie doesn't make much sense to confirm without first showing Diddy.

Like it just wouldn't feel right.

It'd be like confirming Rosalina as playable without first confirming Peach, Bowser or Luigi.

It would make sense that he's revealed tomorrow considering that Tropical Freeze just came out in Japan. Perhaps both will come out tomorrow, Diddy as a returnee and Dixie as a newcommer. Never said that Dixie/Diddy combo is not likely, but I don't think they would strap the two together considering how good most players consider Diddy to be.