SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

April is when Mario Kart 8 comes out, so it's possible we could see Yoshi or Wario to tie with the release date of that game.

We'll also have a Nintendo Direct in April as well.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make more sense to reveal Yoshi when Yoshi's New Island comes out. :P

But Nintendo Direct in April, eh? I smell Chrom/Avatar/whoever already. And hopefully a Frederick assist trophy too!

Sakurai will reveal Micaiah instead and afterwards he'll reveal Lyn/Eirika because he likes female newcomers :Kappa:

Let's see release dates:

FE1: April 20th 1990

FE2: March 14th 1992 (Alm/Celica lol)

FE3: January 21st 1994

FE4: May 14th 1996

FE5: September 1st 1999

FE6: March 29th 2002

FE7: April 25th / November 3rd / July 16th

FE8: October 7th / May 23rd / November 4th

FE9: April 20th / October 17th / November 4th

FE10: February 22nd / November 11th / March 14th

FE11: August 7th / February 16th / December 5th

FE12: July 15th

FE13: April 19th / February 4th

The next date that sounds to me is Friday March 14th, date in which RD was released in Europe and FE2 in Japan, dunno if this will affect the incoming character but I expect Micaiah or RD!Ike being revealed.

The next reveal of FE char I think would be by April 25th or 18th (both are Fridays), these days are related to FE7's and FE13's release (not counting FE1 because Marf) and there might be Chrom/Lucina/Hector/Lyn approaching.

Other dates include May 14-16th ~, Oct 17th ~, andd.... uh... I hope ssb4 is out by November or so~.

Note that I'm not implying fe chars are coming out for each mentioned date, I expect a max of 3 fe reps that may be revealed by these dates considering how they're related to events that marked the fe series.

EDIT: March 27-28th is another date, wait... FE6!!! ... SMELLS LIKE ROY

Edited by Quintessence

I think Chrom is the most likely FE newcomer. His game was successful and saved FE, he has popularity, he'd stand out a bit from Marth and Ike if he has lances in his moveset, and Arena Ferox is a 3DS version stage.

I don't see Lyn being playable. Yeah, she's the western fanbase's Marth, but she'd just be a faster version of him. I don't see her standing out much. She seems to have some popularity though, and did get to be an assist in Brawl.

Hector would be possible if an FE7 stage is revealed, but that hasn't happened yet.

Lucina takes a backseat to Chrom in their game. All she really has going for her is popularity and that alone doesn't get characters into the roster.

Micaiah would stand out from Marth and Ike and be interesting to play as (even if I don't like her), but Ike is more popular and has veteran status advantage. And I doubt we're getting two Tellius reps. :P

The Awakening Avatar is a possiblity, but Sakurai might think that three different characters who don't have a set gender is a little overkill (Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are the other two. Both have male and female versions)

Edited by Anacybele

Lyn and Marth are vastly different. She uses katana styled sword play while Marth's is more graceful and rapier suitable. The way I see it, she'd be some sort of Sheik swordsman, considering that Lyn emphasizes speed. If Little Mac became playable, she at least has a chance at it. Not that I'm counting on it, but there's a chance

Well, I never said they'd be EXACTLY the same. But they're both fast, light, sword wielders that would have weak attack power. Playing them might not feel much different even if they have different special and A moves.

And the difference between Lyn and Little Mac is that Mac is the main character of a series that wasn't yet represented. FE has two reps currently, if Ike is sticking around (which he should, Sakurai would be a fool to cut him because of how much he stands out from Marth). And the series' newest game saved it from being ended. Why not add Chrom, said game's main character, to the roster to celebrate that?

In terms of release dates, it's best to focus on the Japanese release date before other regions. There is a precedent that shows that Sakurai acknowledges them, whereas there is only one case where a non-Japanese release date is considered.

Quite interesting, considering some fans want Roy to return (FE6), some want Lyn or Hector (FE7), others want Ike to stay (PoR), and others want Chrom or Lucina or Avatar (Awakening). :P

But doesn't Sigurd ride a horse? I'd think that'd be kind of complicated to incorporate into a fighting game. :P

Sakurai could surprise us, but I still think he's gonna settle with Marth, Ike, and Chrom. But, maybe he'll actually do more than three reps, something hardly anyone would expect. lol

Confirmed, new character each end of the week :smug:

Is this real or am I hopelessly gullible?

I don't see Lyn being playable. Yeah, she's the western fanbase's Marth, but she'd just be a faster version of him. I don't see her standing out much. She seems to have some popularity though, and did get to be an assist in Brawl.

Chrom/Lucina and Marth are much more alike than Lyn and Marth will ever be. In other words, Lyn and Marth are nothing alike. As you said, the basis of a light-weight sword user is the only basis and only similarity they have.

Also in regards to what you said about Lucina, popularity is an important factor, it's just not the only nor deciding factor (Chrom is popular anyway). It's very hard to gauge popularity as a factor considering we haven't got an accurate idea of how much our voices - as an English community - reaches Sakurai. I'd say the Japanese audience is more important in the regards of character popularity opinion, but either way, I agree with you if popularity is the thing the character only has going, they won't be chosen. I like Sakurai's unpredictability with Wii Fit Trainer, Game and Watch and ROB even though I don't like the choices.

Why not add Chrom, said game's main character, to the roster to celebrate that?

I already mentioned this before, but I'll iterate my opinion on this. I think this is a horrible way for Sakuari to be thinking if he's doing so and will hopefully be something he stops here. With each new Smash Bros game, people start talking about a new Fire Emblem representative, choosing the most recent lord from the most recent game just doesn't seem like a good idea unless they have another reason to be chosen other than that. Sure, Chrom's something now, but what's going to happen next two or so Fire Emblem games come out? He'll be overshadowed by the newer Fire Emblem lords and people will want them as lords. This is a terrible cycle, first in Melee where Roy was chosen to promote Fire Emblem 6 which had yet to be released, in Brawl where Ike's series despite having pretty bad sales in comparison to the other games in the series was chosen as the new Fire Emblem representative and now for 3DS/Wii U people want Chrom. I'd much rather Sakurai look at the past games and choose a representative who is chosen for more than the reason of being 'the latest lord in the latest game'.

Although really, how many lords are like that in Fire Emblem...? What do you all think?

Is this real or am I hopelessly gullible?

It's more the tendency right now, today Diddy, last Thursday/Friday Lil Mac and somebody else the Friday before Mac's release.

Chrom/Lucina and Marth are much more alike than Lyn and Marth will ever be. In other words, Lyn and Marth are nothing alike. As you said, the basis of a light-weight sword user is the only basis and only similarity they have.

For instance Lyn can use a bow, and be a shieldless but much faster Link, and run a speedy playstyle implementing crits for shits n giggles.

Also in regards to what you said about Lucina, popularity is an important factor, it's just not the only nor deciding factor (Chrom is popular anyway). It's very hard to gauge popularity as a factor considering we haven't got an accurate idea of how much our voices - as an English community - reaches Sakurai. I'd say the Japanese audience is more important in the regards of character popularity opinion, but either way, I agree with you if popularity is the thing the character only has going, they won't be chosen. I like Sakurai's unpredictability with Wii Fit Trainer, Game and Watch and ROB even though I don't like the choices.

I already mentioned this before, but I'll iterate my opinion on this. I think this is a horrible way for Sakuari to be thinking if he's doing so and will hopefully be something he stops here. With each new Smash Bros game, people start talking about a new Fire Emblem representative, choosing the most recent lord from the most recent game just doesn't seem like a good idea unless they have another reason to be chosen other than that. Sure, Chrom's something now, but what's going to happen next two or so Fire Emblem games come out? He'll be overshadowed by the newer Fire Emblem lords and people will want them as lords. This is a terrible cycle, first in Melee where Roy was chosen to promote Fire Emblem 6 which had yet to be released, in Brawl where Ike's series despite having pretty bad sales in comparison to the other games in the series was chosen as the new Fire Emblem representative and now for 3DS/Wii U people want Chrom. I'd much rather Sakurai look at the past games and choose a representative who is chosen for more than the reason of being 'the latest lord in the latest game'.

Although really, how many lords are like that in Fire Emblem...? What do you all think?

I agree with you. I see pretty lame to focus on the latest fes. Yes, they're the most recent success of the series, ppl will get a fast fe reference with Ike, Chrom/Lucina and probably Micaiah to a lesser extent. But what about the first ones? Like the Jugdral series? Characters like Sigurd or Leaf, IMHO, represent, in a more consistent and solid way, the FE series. Like showing the "classic" aspect of FE. For instance I think even on the gba fes.

Characters like Sigurd or Leaf, IMHO, represent, in a more consistent and solid way, the FE series. Like showing the "classic" aspect of FE.

Doesn't Marth already do that?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Honestly, I wouldn't want Sigurd because he wouldn't work without his pony for me :c

I wouldn't mind any other non-magical lords, specially Ephraim and Hector, since they use a weapon other than swords as their main one

Edited by YoungMan

Honestly, I wouldn't want Sigurd because he wouldn't work without his pony for me :c

I wouldn't mind any other non-magical lords, specially Ephraim and Hector, since they use a weapon other than swords as their main one

This.

Ephraim is my most-wanted character so far. I mained Ike in SSBB and played FE because of him, but I honestly wouldn't mind at all to have Ike replaced by Ephraim. If not a playable character, I'd like him to be an assist trophy.

Leif was going to be in Melee but Sakurai liked Roys design more.

The rest is history.

If we had Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom we would have each era of Fe.

Marth for Nes/ SNES/DS, Roy for GBA, Ike for GC/Wii, Chrom or Lucina for 3DS

Edited by Jedisupersorry

Doesn't Marth already do that?

Marth represents pretty much the origins of FE, its basis. Jugdral lords can represent an alternate form, a one focused on morality for example, despite following the form of fe games.

Leif was going to be in Melee but Sakurai liked Roys design more.

The rest is history.

If we had Marth, Roy, Ike and Chrom we would have each era of Fe.

Marth for Nes/ SNES/DS, Roy for GBA, Ike for GC/Wii, Chrom or Lucina for 3DS

This pretty much sums up my wants for SSB4

Whoa, whoa, wait a MINUTE. I never said Chrom should be in simply because he's the newest lord. I said he should be in because his game saved the series, he's the main character, and he's popular. The fact that it's the most recent game in the series is just coincidence.

I don't like the idea of choosing FE reps based on who's the most recent either. If Awakening hadn't done as well as it did, I'd be saying screw that shit, keep Ike and Marth and add Ephraim or something. Ephraim is who I'd pick, he's badass and awesome with a lance. And we don't have any lancers in Smash Bros. yet.