SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I thought assist trophy, but I didn't look at Miiverse this time since the SSB site finally updated, so...

But still, awesome that Koume and Kotake are there somewhere, I always liked them! :D

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stemming off Jedi's post:

daily_zps679b888a.jpg

[spoiler='There's another]

Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard.

Mar-04-2014-2_zpsc138f12b.jpg

Edited by Hero-King

Uhhhh, when will there be an update that I care about? I rarely play with items on. Oh well, can't have an important update every day I s'pose.

Well. I predict another character reveal soon since the challenger approaching banner has vanished yet again. :P

And Sakurai, please make it Ike. Please make it Ike. Please make it Ike. :D

I just want someone or thing thats related to Fire Emblem revealed already. Everything about it is nice and all, but its the thing I care for most more than anything in the game

ooh, the smash logo on the back of megaman's spring looks pretty cool to me. it's a shame i won't be seeing it much D:

Is there anyone going to be disappointed if there's no new Fire Emblem representative? I think it's entirely a possibility that Fire Emblem won't get a representative, I'm just not sure whether to be on Lucina or no new rep.

Is there anyone going to be disappointed if there's no new Fire Emblem representative?

A little bit. I think that FE has a ton to offer with regard to possible playable characters, so it would be a bit disappointing to just see it just represented by Marth and Ike. That said, it IS a possibility, especially considering that the 'most likely' options aren't especially interesting.

My bets are still on Marth, Ike and one of Chrom or Lucina.

As much as I'd like Roy back it would be a pleasant surprise.

Characters who could be very unique for Fe would be like. Micaiah, Leif (all weapons from master knight), Ephraim, even Lyn with her more eastern sword style would be refreshing from our other sword wielders

Lucina is better off as a palette swap of Marth, imo. Chrom or Avatar for Awakening rep, plz.

If anything she should be a palette swap of Chrom since they are using the same fighting style.

Anyway, I'd definitely prefer her over the alternatives. But another swordfighter would be dull either way. It's bad enough that the series already can't provide fresh hair colors for smash.

Not that I am saying that there are too many sword fighters in Smash. I'm just saying that they should take advantage of the fact that the series can provide more then just swords.

Edited by BrightBow

"Pic of the day. So far, which attack can blast away enemies the most dynamically… Is it King Dedede's fully charged Jet Hammer? Nah, it can't beat the K.O. uppercut. You can damage yourself by overcharging this attack, so watch out."

daily_zps6a7c2b72.jpg

Edited by Hero-King

If anything she should be a palette swap of Chrom since they are using the same fighting style.

Anyway, I'd definitely prefer her over the alternatives. But another swordfighter would be dull either way. It's bad enough that the series already can't provide fresh hair colors for smash.

Not that I am saying that there are too many sword fighters in Smash. I'm just saying that they should take advantage of the fact that the series can provide more then just swords.

But Lucina's design is clearly based off of Marth. She MASQUERADED as him for gods' sake.

And I agree on the weapons thing. It's a reason I'd love Ephraim in the roster. Lances! :D

But Lucina's design is clearly based off of Marth. She MASQUERADED as him for gods' sake.

Even ignoring her fighting style, we already know that the Marth in Smash is going to have an entirely different physical build then Lucina.

So a mere palette swap wouldn't even work for her anyway.

Plus since the Falchion got a MAJOR redesign in Awakening to more of a broadsword than a rapier, I think Lucina could be a more powerful Marth with more knockback and power, but faster fall speed and lighter than Marth.

Plus since the Falchion got a MAJOR redesign in Awakening to more of a broadsword than a rapier, I think Lucina could be a more powerful Marth with more knockback and power, but faster fall speed and lighter than Marth.

Chrom can have exactly the same, but with a more unique character design. Plus he's Awakening's main character. I just don't see Sakurai choosing a Marth look-alike when the actual main character looks different but has the same fighting style.

Lucina is already in the game though.

She replaced Marth, and you see her without her mask on. Her final smash involves putting her mask back on and summoning Grima.

Also, here's the results thus far from the Smashboards SSB4 Popularity poll that I advertised here back in January-ish.

2000 total votes.

Least popular Brawl Veterans: Zero Suit Samus > Lucas > Wolf > Ike > Toon Link > ROB > Pokémon Trainer > Lucario > Snake, with Snake being the least popular veteran. Only four newcomers, however, are more popular than Snake. Mewtwo is more popular than any of the Brawl veterans I've listed above. Anyone I don't list below scored less than 400 votes.

Mewtwo: 1373

Ridley: 992

King K. Rool: 896

Palutena: 852

Chrom: 795

Dixie Kong: 780

Roy: 776

Krystal: 732

Isaac: 675

Bowser Jr.: 670

Shulk: 611

Paper Mario: 596