SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

With Nintendo having done as much as they did, I bet that every day is a birthday for something significantly related to Nintendo. No reason to give this game special treatment.

If anything, PoR's birthday would probably be more relevant for Emblem related content in the sense that it is the birthday of the entire Fire Emblem series.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but if Sakurai loves FE so much, especially the Archanea games (which came first), you think he'd acknowledge that. He's not unbiased towards what he made and what he likes, after all. Brawl was loaded with Kirby stuff and more than one of the trailers we've seen for SSB4 so far included Kirby.

But if Marth was revealed totally randomly, there is a chance Ike will be too, I'll admit that.

Sakurai's one of the guests in this very thread, and is stifling a laugh as we post

(new rumor, heard it here first)

Edited by Rehab

Dude, relax...he's probably unlockable, and Chrom is the starter, or something.

If any FE rep is the starter this time, it'll probably be Marth, if you ask me. He got a game out west, so the whole world has had lots of exposure to him by now, and he's the FE mascot. I'd rather Ike stay default though, because if he isn't, I might not be able to start with either of my mains right away (Luigi has always been unlockable...).

And all hell will break loose if you'd have to play as a character that you do not LOVE playing as. Playing your first matches with a character you only LIKE, how inconsiderate of sakurai. We should burn him for that!

More on topic. I'm hyped for greninja, he looks great, nice that he has a tongue attack as well! Still hoping for Micaiah myself, although the chances are slim.

Update shows Mario and Link. Doesn't say anything about buffs for either. Lousy update, we all knew the beam sword was there. Fire Bar is kinda odd. Doesn't do anything for me

I've been using both since 64 but Brawl hit them both in the face hard with nerfs.. for absolutely no reason

I can't believe Sakurai didn't acknowledge FE's anniversaries AT ALL. >.>

...and again.

See?

You were playing up its importance.

He's not going to cater to every important milestone for every series included.

That includes PoR's anniversary, or FE's 20th anniversary was four years ago. He's not going to include something for a random 24th anniversary.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I can't believe Sakurai didn't acknowledge FE's anniversaries AT ALL. >.>

He's not going to cater to every important milestone for every series included.

That includes PoR's anniversary, or FE's 20th anniversary was four years ago. He's not going to include something for a random 24th anniversary.

^ This basically.

Sakurai has plenty of other concerns (like say, oh I dunno, finishing the game); you can't expect him to be on top of each and every milestone.

Besides, after all the hype that followed the Greninja trailer, I'd be willing to bet that the nintendo higher-ups are easing up off of his ass as far as product tie-in character releases go.

Yeah, but if Sakurai loves FE so much, especially the Archanea games (which came first), you think he'd acknowledge that. He's not unbiased towards what he made and what he likes, after all. Brawl was loaded with Kirby stuff and more than one of the trailers we've seen for SSB4 so far included Kirby.

But if Marth was revealed totally randomly, there is a chance Ike will be too, I'll admit that.

Exactly. Just be patient, sheesh ~____~

Incidentally it's a shame that characters like Fox (who's probably been shown the least out of all the SSB64 vets so far) aren't getting more screentime. :0 It'd be nice if the selection of characters shown in the trailers was a bit more diverse lol but I suppose Sakurai is going for the ones he thinks most people will recognize. Can't miss a chance to plug Kirby though, it seems... (he was awfully front-and-center in the CG for Rosalina's trailer lol)

Eh but perhaps I'm giving him too hard a time

Bottom line, let's just be patient.

Okay, okay, sorry. I just thought Sakurai might acknowledge it...

And you made it sound like you couldn't accept anything other than that possibility.

Which is what we were telling you from the start.

Just wait and see if Ike's in.

And don't expect to be catered to.

If he's in, he's in. If he's not he's not.

Just wait and see.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Tbh I don't expect any sensational news until E3 after that Direct. I doubt any newcomers will be revealed until then, and if any veterans are I expect it'll be someone that's more recognizable and not very controversial, like Wario (no offence, Wario-- you're controversial in other ways I'm sure). Sakurai likes keeping some characters hidden, even veterans, so just because he hasn't shown many Mother or FE characters (and likely won't before release) doesn't necessarily mean they're gone or that he considers them less important.

Yeah, Wario was in the dry erase board drawing they showed a couple years ago to tease that a team working on smash 4 existed. I'll literally boil a hat of mine and eat it if he's cut.

^ True of Meta Knight also.

I don't think anyone's doubting that the two of them will return, though.

Owain is probably right, there's not likely to be much new info until E3.

Metaknight is also one of the biggest names in Kirby despite his Brawl appearance being so... Powerful. And cheap

Also I was thinking you know what would be a cool touch. Since Pit and Dark Pit share a VA if you used the Dark Pit look the voice would be more aggressive and such

i'm agreeing with whoever said there'll only be more important information in e3, since i've seen so many HOLY WOW IT'S AN ANNIVERSARY GUYS and nothing happened.

i'm agreeing with whoever said there'll only be more important information in e3, since i've seen so many HOLY WOW IT'S AN ANNIVERSARY GUYS and nothing happened.

Main reason for that was Peach being shown on Mario Bros Anniversary lol

Main reason for that was Peach being shown on Mario Bros Anniversary lol

Yeah, that's pretty much the only time it's been done. Other than that reveals have just happened on release dates or randomly.

Well, except the Little Mac reveal

Well, anniversary's don't always get acknowledged on the SSB4 site, at least compared to game release dates. And even then, game release dates don't always get acknowledged on the SSB4 site either.

Also, I thought you guys might want to see the Japanese's reactions to the Smash Direct.

Surprised at the people asking about Ike.