SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

While I'd like more then a few, I realized that making a cast much bigger then we had in brawl and without Project M's tweaking time, its better we have less so there isn't as much imbalance.

Granted Project M was able to balance a ginormous cast but that was because they didn't have a deadline to meet.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I definitely agree with that notion. Guess we'll have to wait and see when the time comes...

(Gawd this discussion is so dead now lol...)

I don't know about characters, but there will obviously be unlockable content. Music, trophies, etc. Smash wouldn't be Smash without it. lol

But this gives me an idea. Since Sakurai seems to be adding a whole bunch of new items, I hope he adds unlockable items to use in future matches. That'd be fun. :D

As for what characters will be unlockable and who won't, I don't care if Marth stays unlockable, I'm not THAT into using him lol. Luigi was shown because Year of Luigi and he's a given anyway because he's Luigi. :P Toon Link was because of TWW HD. Marth was also a given because he's the face of Fire Emblem. None of the other unlockable characters have reasons like this to be shown as far as I know. There are other givens like Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers, but showing them now wouldn't be very surprising, now would it?

Controversial people like Ike, Lucas, Wolf, etc. would be more interesting reveals right now and I hope we see them at E3.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah I agree. Actually, I can see the Master Ball being some kind of unlockable item.

...You know what we haven't had announced in a while now? New stages. Stages are a really underrated but big part of the gameplay, and I actually always really look forward to hearing about those... We know that they're about as far from announcing all the stages as they are from announcing all the characters (as given by the likely fact that both versions of the game will have stages from each franchise), but we've not seen any new stages since the NDD either!

If you're not giving us characters, at least give us more stages! Dx

...BTW, is anyone else annoyed that the website has no section for stages anymore like they did for Brawl?

We have a fair number of stages, but I do agree its kinda lame we don't have access to a general overview of the stages.

I'd like to see more of Windy Valley

Heck, I wanna know what the WiiU Kirby stage and 3DS Metroid stages are. I mean we know it's probably Lor Starcutter or someting else KRtDL-related, but HECK MAN. I mean, IIRC, all we've got revealed for the Kirby and DK franchises are the past stages of the Halberd and Jungle Japes. I don't think we even have one revealed for Yoshi and Star Fox.

/bitching as an attempt to bring new conversation lol

Also, one thing I've been wanting to see for a while now is a Bowser's Castle stage. That's looking pretty unlikely at the moment what with all the Mario stages currently out, but... that'd be so cool...

Pretty interesting tidbit there.

Another fun fact is that the Yellow Kirby is the color Miyamoto envisioned when he and Sakurai were talking about Sakurai creation of Kirby. Sakurai liked pink, Miyamoto Yellow, so therefore Pink is first player Kirby and if there is a second its always yellow

Miyamato has a lot of enemies at Nintendo, that's for sure; in the original Pokemon games, one of the choices for Red's name was Satoshi and one of the choices for Blue's name was Shigeru (both of these names were used for the anime, amusingly enough).

Well Refa when you learn that the creator of Pokémon exclusively asked for Miyamotos help for design and programing, you'll see it was a more friendly cameo :P

I was joking. :p I doubt anyone actually has a grudge against Miyamoto.

IS probably does after he completely changed their concepts for Paper Mario Sticker Star and the removal of the partner system was his idea as well and since Mario is his thing they had no choice but to almost remove their entire story and change their game mechanics

Beides Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, and Little Mac, I wonder how many other characters have alternate costumes that change the appearance quite majorly besides colour swaps (I don't count the Blood Falcon or Ness' "Fuel" or punk costume since it still changes colour and pattern only and not the model).

Beides Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, and Little Mac, I wonder how many other characters have alternate costumes that change the appearance quite majorly besides colour swaps (I don't count the Blood Falcon or Ness' "Fuel" or punk costume since it still changes colour and pattern only and not the model).

*headdesk*

Hnnnng... you guys......

I don't know how many ways from Sunday I need to keep explaining this..... Wireframe Mac is NOT an alternate character appearance like male WFT and Classic/Biker Wario.... he's just an alternate color... He is more comparable to Blood Falcon and Fuel Ness than the others....

Edited by BANRYU