SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Those release dates are probably just placeholders or predictions. GameStop tends to do the same thing, though sometimes they're actually correct.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Okay so I've been skimming back through the NDD to see what kind of music tracks we're getting, something I didn't really pay attention to any of the other times I watched it...

...Does anyone know the music that plays for the brief moment during Tiki's reveal? (after the Melee theme, before the FE victory theme)

Hmmm... Okay so I've been skimming back through the NDD to see what kind of music tracks we're getting, something I didn't really pay attention to any of the other times I watched it...

...Does anyone know the music that plays for the brief moment during Tiki's reveal? (after the Melee theme, before the FE victory theme)

I don't remember what it's called, but it's from Awakening.

EDIT: It's Id (Purpose).

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ah, that's the one, thanks! Cool to know that one will be in the game haha.

Edited by BANRYU

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. All I can guarantee is the Jungle Japes theme and Battlefield.

Another thing, does anyone believe the stuff on the Twitter thingy "SmashLeaks1"? Their recent stuff is...well, a joke. Their older stuff looks realistic, though.

Edited by Ninian

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. All I can guarantee is the Jungle Japes theme and Battlefield.

Duly noted. I think any music that was in the Developer Direct can be safely counted as hatched, though.

Nah, I don't really ever put stock in rumors, but it amuses me when people are jokingly self-aware about it.

People saying things like that they unironically expect a Digimon in the game, though... ...I just don't quite know how to feel about people like that lol

Haha so this is the boss of the pyrosphere he was teasing.

I like how they have Samus in morph ball like she's the ball or something. -Capt. Obvious

Edited by Kyea

I dunno... I hope the unlock requirements are more interesting and difficult than they were in Brawl. Playing X amount of matches (especially if it's less than 100 or whatever) or just getting them from the SSE is pretty boring.

No.
Because then it will be spoiled if we look at a walkthrough to know how to unlock them also knowing who the characters are. Which is also why I'm not purchasing either of these games until Wii U's release as everything will be leaked by the end of the summer.

While I'd like more then a few, I realized that making a cast much bigger then we had in brawl and without Project M's tweaking time, its better we have less so there isn't as much imbalance.

Granted Project M was able to balance a ginormous cast but that was because they didn't have a deadline to meet.

Why rush in the development anyway?
It only makes the game better for release with longer time!

Although... ...I suppose this means that Megazard Y isn't happening, huh. Heh truth be told I was kind of hoping that each version of the game might have a different version of Megazard for the final smash, but I guess that's too much to hope for, eh?

If he's implemented, (Mega) Mewtwo will probably be fixed in one of the forms as well (probably Y if I had to guess, since it was in that one movie).

They should do that actually for both of their final smashes.

I would love to have an Ouendan Elite Beat Agents characters to be playable. This is one will seal the deal for me for guarantee getting Smash bros.

No.

Only because of time constraints. Ike's chances are way higher than Roy's, trust me. Even with the possibility of more time constraints. I would explain why, but I've done so too many times and I'm tired of repeating this to all the people that keep claiming Ike will be cut because Roy was.

There is no way that Roy is getting in...if ever.

He was only in one time for advertising a Japan game release.

According to Target's website, (http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-3ds/-/A-15044637#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=smash+bros) Super Smash Bros for 3DS will release on August 29th. Which sucks, because school will start back up in a week for me.

It's about time that something offical happens.

Edited by Barbie

Real talk for a second? I have know idea WTF Sakurai's talking about when he's talking about how the Pong game controls. (Don't even lie to me and say it's not pong either, YOU ALL KNOW BETTER)

No.
Because then it will be spoiled if we look at a walkthrough to know how to unlock them also knowing who the characters are. Which is also why I'm not purchasing either of these games until Wii U's release as everything will be leaked by the end of the summer.

I think I have no idea what you're talking about. :0 I do question the notion that you'd be looking at a guide if you didn't want to have the hidden characters spoiled for you, though. Why would you ever look at how to unlock someone if you wanted to keep it a secret, isn't that kinda impossible?

Pretty much all characters are just unlocked by doing everything the game has to offer anyway, in my experience.

Haha so this is the boss of the pyrosphere he was teasing.

C'MON MAN DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT

Real talk for a second? I have know idea WTF Sakurai's talking about when he's talking about how the Pong game controls. (Don't even lie to me and say it's not pong either, YOU ALL KNOW BETTER)

The thing with Pong is that it was such a generic game, that a lot of companies released their own versions and got away with it by simply changing the title (the original Pong was by Atari).

CTVG15 was the Nintendo release, which was a console meant to exclusively play 15 variations of Pong (hence the name). Not sure what's not to get from Sakurai's explanation of the controls, seems pretty clear to me.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_TV_Game

So that's what this TV Game 15 thing is about. Man, why can I no longer see links to Sakurai's MIiverse posts on the Smash site? :/

Not sure what's not to get from Sakurai's explanation of the controls, seems pretty clear to me.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_TV_Game

Well he talks about how it was controlled, then says 'we've worked a little too hard to reenact the behavior of the original'. What does that mean? Do players actually somehow control the paddles while playing, or what? o___0 Maybe I'm just being tired and dumb and overthinking it, I dunno.

If it's a character, I'm hoping for either Falco, or of course, Ike. Though, I don't really care when they appear anymore, so long as they're in the roster. I'm considering putting Falco in my secondary list cause I think he's cool (I should've tried him out more in Brawl). And we all know how much I love Ike. ;P

Edited by Anacybele

C'MON MAN DON'T EVEN JOKE LIKE THAT

Alright, I'll try and lay off the Ridley jokes with you around. Don't worry, I can show some love for Ridley too.

I would like to see an SSB64 veteran that hasn't appeared yet (Capt. Falcon, Jiggs, then Ness). I don't know if we'll get anymore characters before the E3 digital event.

As for guessing who we might see tomorrow, we have 29 characters out so far? My RNG gave me #14, which counting downwards on Smash Miiverse is... Toon Link. Yep, RNG gods say we'll get a pic with Toon Link in it tomorrow.

Well he talks about how it was controlled, then says 'we've worked a little too hard to reenact the behavior of the original'. What does that mean? Do players actually somehow control the paddles while playing, or what? o___0 Maybe I'm just being tired and dumb and overthinking it, I dunno.

I guess he's trying to make the movement of those things look like there was actually someone playing the original game. So that it moves "naturally" and the way old players are used to. I don't think that the players control them.

Alright, I'll try and lay off the Ridley jokes with you around. Don't worry, I can show some love for Ridley too.

I would like to see an SSB64 veteran that hasn't appeared yet (Capt. Falcon, Jiggs, then Ness). I don't know if we'll get anymore characters before the E3 digital event.

As for guessing who we might see tomorrow, we have 29 characters out so far? My RNG gave me #14, which counting downwards on Smash Miiverse is... Toon Link. Yep, RNG gods say we'll get a pic with Toon Link in it tomorrow.

Haha you can Ridley-joke if you want, I'm just messin' around too... =3= In the past some have found my overzealousness on the topic of Ridley quite comical. *___* We should at least get a mention of Captain Falcon and Ness unless they're unlockables as well (though Toon Link and Luigi seem to have set a precedent against that...) Otherwise, it'll probably be someone like the Ice Climbers or someone else who belongs in the starting roster. (plznomorechaingrabbingkthxbai)

I guess he's trying to make the movement of those things look like there was actually someone playing the original game. So that it moves "naturally" and the way old players are used to. I don't think that the players control them.

Oh yeah, you're probably right. I was being weird.

I reeeeally want Ganondorf to come back, but with a sword and/or magic in addition to his Warlock Punch and shock-up special thingy.

I would love to see Ganondorf back with a unique moveset. Hopefully he would use a sword or two.

Am I the only person that's okay with Ganondorf just punching stuff? :0 EVERYONE complains about that nonsense, but I just don't see what the big deal is.

Am I the only person that's okay with Ganondorf just punching stuff? :0 EVERYONE complains about that nonsense, but I just don't see what the big deal is.

Agreed. I'd say they did well in decloning him already (DAT DARKNESS CHOKE!!!!). Although, it'd be nice if he could do all that, I aint complaining either

The problem in my opinion isn't that 'it's a clone', but rather his fighting style doesn't represent Ganondorf well. I as well, don't mind if they don't update him, but I would prefer it. He is after all still the heavy, power-based fighter which is nice, but I still think he should have a sword and maybe some magic-based specials as that is what he does in the games.

It's not a high priority for me, but it'd definitely be refreshing to see them do so.

I'd honestly prefer him with a trident myself, even though that's. more of Ganon's thing. It seems like that would serve as a nice complement to Link without the overdone dark sword thing, aat least it does to me anyhow.