SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

*headdesk*

Hnnnng... you guys......

I don't know how many ways from Sunday I need to keep explaining this..... Wireframe Mac is NOT an alternate character appearance like male WFT and Classic/Biker Wario.... he's just an alternate color... He is more comparable to Blood Falcon and Fuel Ness than the others....

...sorry.

Uh, do you have any proof or links showing that Wireframe Mac is not like a "Male Wii Fit" trainer costume? I personally didn't see any links in the thread proving that.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have proof beyond me repeatedly ranting at other people about it.

I think the proof is evident in the image, though. He's only reskinned differently, he has the same shape as normal Mac and everything... @___e guys like Wario and WFT have completely different sets of character models...

Is it really THAT difficult to tell? Should I not be irritated that I'm apparently the only one who can figure that out? Dx Meh I guess my irritability is pretty unproductive... sorry...

When people think alternate costume they think things that are more than just a recoloring. Even if his wireframe doesn't change his shape or features, it's more than a simple recolor, so people are going to think of it as an alternate costume.

Your raging is wasting your time and only going to upset other people :V

When people think alternate costume they think things that are more than just a recoloring. Even if his wireframe doesn't change his shape or features, it's more than a simple recolor, so people are going to think of it as an alternate costume.

but they're WRONG! xU It really is only a simple recolor! Transparency is a color in game design/character model-skinning terms!

Your raging is wasting your time and only going to upset other people :V

Ugh yeah I know you're right...

I don't think they're wrong. I consider it to be an alternate costume because it's not simply Mac's skin and muscle shirt in a different shade. It's his skin replaced with green lines and transparency and his shirt removed entirely. It isn't as much of a costume change as Male Wii Fit Trainer, but still.

Edited by Anacybele

I agree that regular Little Mac and Wireframe Mac still have the same body shape Banryu, but the models are quite different in that Wireframe Mac has no shirt, his model is hollow, and it's filled with rectangular holes due to the wireframe nature of the costume. I'd say that qualifies for a major alternate costume that'd come with its own 4-6 pallete swaps. Either way, we'll hopefully be able to get confirmation once the games come out, or even better, during the E3 Demo Events at Los Angeles/Best Buy.

Ugh whatever you guys'll see when the game comes out. Iho is right, it doesn't matter.

I hope they do one of the alternate costume set deals for Fusion-suit Samus, though I know that Metroid Fusion probably wasn't popular enough for that to happen. Maybe we can get Doc Mario back as a costume at least.

I have to say, seeing BANRYU lose his shit so easily is hilarious.

So guys how about those Rally X/Galaga items? Pac-Man is totally in now amirite?!

I have to say, seeing BANRYU lose his shit so easily is hilarious.

So guys how about those Rally X/Galaga items? Pac-Man is totally in now amirite?!

I do get upset over some pretty silly things sometimes lol I'll be the first to admit.

Sorry for blowing up at you, Rando.

But um, in response to the second thing, no not necessarily. How do you know Pacman himself isn't going to be one of the Special Flag character cameos? We know by the fact that it's in that Namco is getting SOME special consideration as far as what's included in the game, but lest we forget what Sakurai said about the inclusion of 3rd party characters in this game:

Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen. Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation. ((Source))

Granted, there are probably less 'hoops to jump through' in Pacman's case given that Namco's codeveloping, but development and copyrighting are two very different territories as well. Barring that, people definitely have varying opinions on whether Pacman would qualify as such a 'special situation', but either way, it's too much of a logic leap to assume that just because there is Namco-IP content in the game, Namco will have one of its characters playable in the game. It's a pretty big leap from non-playable cameo to playable character, and there's no reason to assume that Pacman is confirmed by this just yet.

Edited by BANRYU

BANRYU, my second sentence was obviously with the intent of seeing your reaction. And you fell for it despite I made it obvious with the "amirite".

Real talk: I think Pac-Man is the most likely third party character to have a playable spot at the game. Yes, even more than Snake at this point.

Oh. Well. Aren't I just a smart guy for not seein' that. Are you disappointed I didn't get mad again lol?

Real talk: I don't think we'll be getting any more 3rd party characters.

Real talk: Isaac's chances?

Low, sadly. Though not as low as they were before Golden Sun got a Wii U Virtual Console release (If I had enough money to afford a new console right now, this would have been enough to get me to buy a Wii U. I mean, since I lost my original cartridges I've been playing the first two Golden Sun games through... slightly shady methods. It would be nice to buy legit versions to show Nintendo that there's still interest in these games).

I think Isaac's chances are higher than most, but perhaps not quite high enough to get in. In my mind, he's up there with like Palutena and another DK character, and of all the series to get their first rep for SSB, Golden Sun seems like a decent candidate.

Even though GS games have been declining in popularity, I kind of hope he does get in just on the merit of having an interesting moveset. We don't have any spellswords so far, and the variety of Psynergy attacks could make for some really interesting specials.

Edited by BANRYU

As much as I like Golden Sun Banryu. Putting his chances up with Palutena or Dixie/K Rool is incredibly silly to even suggest.

I'll say Isaac's chances are even lower than Pac-Man. Golden Sun is one really niche series with three games and Isaac was only playable in one of them.

It's not impossible, but I really, REALLY don't see it happening.

As much as I like Golden Sun Banryu. Putting his chances up with Palutena or Dixie/K Rool is incredibly silly to even suggest.

What else would be comparable in your mind? I just couldn't think of too many other newcomers that seemed sufficiently probable. Maybe putting Isaac on the level with them is saying a bit too much, but if he's not on-level with them, he's definitely on the next level down IMO.

I'll say Isaac's chances are even lower than Pac-Man.

*stifles a snicker*

I'll say Isaac's chances are even lower than Pac-Man. Golden Sun is one really niche series with three games and Isaac was only playable in one of them.

Two actually. He's in the first one and Lost Age.

Past Jupiter Lighthouse, he's a party member.

I thought Isaac was the main character of the first two while his son was the main in the third? o.O

The main character of the second game is Felix, not Isaac. Though Isaac and the rest of your group from the first game join your party eventually.

I think it's worth noting that Isaac managed to survive the AT purge of the Smash Direct. Ofc, he was unlockable last time around, so that might not mean anything.

Honestly though I'm pessimistic about his chances. I'm honestly pessimistic about any newcomer not part of the Gematsu rumour, especially with the RosalinaX rumour possibly gaining credibility. >.>