SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, Ike needs blue fire too! I mean, he's not called the Hero of Blue Flames for nothing! His title is Radiant Hero outside of Japan, which actually sounds cooler, imo, but still! I also like to simply call him the Blue Flame. :)

Any hope for Snake or Wolf?

Those two and Lucas fall into the "grey" area most people had Toon Link, Sonic, Lucario and Ike in.

Time will tell

Oh dang, I really need Lucas to come back.

Hopefully they'll find a way to make him so he's not much of a semi-clone of Ness, and decide to keep him. I'll never use Ness He's my boy.

I kinda wondered if we might able to see Ike's costumes that have Priam's outfit from Awakening. (that I'm not sure we might see about Ike's Path of Radiance attire as one of his alternate costumes just like Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, and the Villager has it?)

People barely hating on his new design even though it's based on his Radiant Dawn outfit; which came out over 6 years ago

I really don't like Japan's taste in lean men with some muscles over a normal looking strong guy.

Well actually I'd say the former is more common irl, but anyway I don't get why everyone is separating the two Ike designs between East and West, pretty sure there are Japanese fans who prefer muscle Ike just as there are non-Japanese fans who prefer lean Ike. (Last part not directed specifically at you, just an observation)

Let's just say that NIntendo has quite a situation with their western fans' tastes often being different from that of the Japanese ones. :P

But I think they do a good job of pleasing people around the world anyway! Otherwise, they wouldn't be pretty much top dog when it comes to gaming. They also revived the gaming industry in general. Hell, I'd go so far as to call it the Nintendo industry instead. lol

Not everyone is going to like the same thing though, still. Some people will prefer muscley Ike (like me), and others will prefer his PoR self.

and others will prefer his PoR self.

Like me. But I wonder if his new build will make his attacks stronger, or just carry over from Brawl (besides a few different things to make him more "balanced").

I didn't say anything yesterday, but cool, Ike's new design looks great. It suits his playstyle really well, I'm a little surprised they brought him back, but maybe this is a good sign for the roster having some more people in it than last time.

I kinda wondered if we might able to see Ike's costumes that have Priam's outfit from Awakening. (that I'm not sure we might see about Ike's Path of Radiance attire as one of his alternate costumes just like Wario, Wii Fit Trainer, and the Villager has it?)

This is a really cool idea, do you think they would change the voice tracks if they went along with it? I can only assume they'll be doing that with the Wii Fit trainers as well

I kinda want a female rep from Fire Emblem. But who would they add? Lucina would be really similar to Marth (on the fact that there's been a released hack for her).

Meh, Chrom would be too much of a hybrid between Marth and Ike already.

Fans will bitch if he's not in this game. And Lucina would be too similar to Marth.

I kind of want Micaiah to be the 3rd rep, but her last (and only) game was like 7 years ago.

I kinda want a female rep from Fire Emblem. But who would they add? Lucina would be really similar to Marth (on the fact that there's been a released hack for her).

One could argue that Falco and Wolf are very similar to Fox (from their main series games). I'm sure Sakurai could find a method of making Lucina an individual character, or Chrom for that matter.

Edited by Knight

Lucina being spoiler territory is enough to refuse her from being a newcomer. She'll be a skin at most.

Chrom on the other hand makes much more sense, and will most likely be the 3rd rep.

That also begs the question of whether or not a series like Fire Emblem even gets a 3rd rep.

Fans will bitch if he's not in this game. And Lucina would be too similar to Marth.

Japanese fans prefer Lucina and will bitch if Chrom's chosen over her. It's nothing to take seriously, like the people who want Shadow or Pauline. #shotsfired

Lucina being spoiler territory is enough to refuse her from being a newcomer. She'll be a skin at most.

Except Smash Bros series totally disregards spoilers. Look at Shiek/Zelda which was meant to be a big plot twist in the game, ruined for many people who didn't play Ocarina.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

Except Smash Bros series totally disregards spoilers. Look at Shiek/Zelda which was meant to be a big plot twist in the game, ruined for many people who didn't play Ocarina.

I was one of those people.

I got Ocarina of Time 3D, and when Sheik first showed up, I was like "oh, that's zelda".

And then later in the game... it's Zelda!

Except that Ocarina was already released several years before they even added Shiek. Awakening only came out a year before the new smash. I say it's still a bit early.

OK maybe not for Japan, but so what

Chrom on the other hand makes much more sense, and will most likely be the 3rd rep.

That also begs the question of whether or not a series like Fire Emblem even gets a 3rd rep.

that didn't stop the Roy trophy from spoiling the entire story and this website:

https://fireemblem.nintendo.com/characters/chara33.html

Japanese fans prefer Lucina and will bitch if Chrom's chosen over her. It's nothing to take seriously, like the people who want Shadow or Pauline. #shotsfired

I think you're right. Now I don't know which one is better for the 3rd slot. Maybe both can join, but FE isn't popular enough to have 4 playable characters.

that didn't stop the Roy trophy from spoiling the entire story and this website:

https://fireemblem.nintendo.com/characters/chara33.html

Considering that the game never came outside of Japan, I doubt it was really a spoiler for us. Nintendo didn't believe in fans localizing their stuff themselfs at the time.

Considering that the game never came outside of Japan, I doubt it was really a spoiler for us. Nintendo didn't believe in fans localizing their stuff themselfs at the time.

it's still a story spoiler no matter where and when it came out. The point is, Nintendo still spoils the stories in their games often anyway.

Oh dang, I really need Lucas to come back.

Hopefully they'll find a way to make him so he's not much of a semi-clone of Ness, and decide to keep him. I'll never use Ness He's my boy.

Yeah I don't know why they can't just give him a partially new moveset.

Edited by Alertcircuit