SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

probably fake like all the others so far

which is a shame imo because man that's a nice-looking menu they've got going there

Any particular reason you think so? Or is it just general curmudgeonliness scepticism about rumours?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they don't show us anything new except for Pac-Man, which seems easily disproven. But otherwise, I really doubt they'd design the initial roster with all the unlocked characters just scattered around locked characters. The Smash series has always had those boxes, but available characters are always bunched together.

Well, they don't show us anything new except for Pac-Man, which seems easily disproven. But otherwise, I really doubt they'd design the initial roster with all the unlocked characters just scattered around locked characters. The Smash series has always had those boxes, but available characters are always bunched together.

The guys leaking the photos is claiming it's the demo roster. I admit it would be a strange thing to change now, but IDK.

Also, apparently this was the Melee CSS at some point in development? So maybe it's not without precedent...

Who the fuck takes pictures and not point the camera at the interesting shit? (Pac-Man, roster-size, the whole fucking screen maybe)?

Edited by Knight

You guys make some good points. The locked boxes and scattered characters is really odd and there is the question of why the whole screen didn't get a picture.

I still hope I'll get to try out Ike and Luigi at the demo though, or at least one of them. D: (I'm gonna guess Ike if it only has to be one though, because of the precedent that Luigi was always unlockable while Ike was default in Brawl)

hmm well on the assumption they are not fake (and yeah it totally could and probably is fake), you could infer from em that since they normally group up characters from the same series (ie all the mario characters in a row) you can count and estimate how many reps from each series. So like the last pic shows Link then Zelda in the 2nd row, then 3 locked characters then Samus, those 3 locked characters are most likely 3 more zelda reps, so ganondorf and toon link and then shiek, which totally doesn't reveal anything lol. But for humor sake you could try it on the others (like 3 more pokemon reps from the first pic).

If this is true, there's at least 3x17 slots, although I'd put it at an even number and say 3x18.

So... 51-54 characters, that's a lot!

That's a nice number.

EDIT: Wait, random, so 50-53. 50 sounds nice.

Ivysaur and Squirtle are probably cut and I wouldn't be surprised if Snake is. Brawl had 39. That's about 13-14 newcomers, 7-8 we don't know.

(I did this quickly in my head, point me out if I'm wrong.

Edited by Knight

I just noticed, on the 2nd and 4th pictures you can see on the lower right a non-lock box with a different shade than the other ones (being reddish instead of bluish). Assuming the pictures are true, that's probably the Random box. The 4th pic has barely a letter showing under the box and judging the shape of what can be seen it could support being an R. So yeah, it'd be a 3x17 configuration with 50 characters and the Random choice.

That pic with Pac-Man... on the upper left I can see Ridley's name... then this would mean the pic doesn't match the rest, since it would place him away from where Samus is. Unless it's not Ridley what's in there. I can see a D and a Y, and to the left of the D is a letter thin enough to be an I, considering how close the letters around it are to be anything but an I. though I admit, the blur makes it difficult to see if the two letters in-between are really an L and E...

That typed, I'm also curious of that 3rd pic with the name that ends with Y to the left of Pit. Since that one would be after ZSS, ends with Y, and conveniently the player icon is covering what little of the character pic would've been seen. Ah well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yeah, not buying it. If you're going to take a photo of a possible leak, aim the camera at the stuff we don't know about yet.

Yeah, not buying it. If you're going to take a photo of a possible leak, aim the camera at the stuff we don't know about yet.

Why would there be stuff we wouldn't know about on a demo?

Not that I believe the pictures or anything.

Yeah, but I don't think Sakurai would be dumb enough to make people buy something in order to unlock characters.

Some trophies, perhaps.

I don't think he would either but, the possibility makes me anxious

Nah.
With his clarification of no DLC makes it so we don't have to buy anthing to unlock.

I've heard that the main presentation is June 10 at 9am PST. I'd imagine that the Smash Direct is later that same day, but I have no idea.

EDIT: Oh Anacybele!

main.png

Pic of the day. Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks.

For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well.

rlwf.jpg
LEAK ALERT!
IKE IS IN THE GAME! YES! :D

Ike is back! HA NAYSAYERS

I KNEW HE'D BE BACK, AS IF THEY EVER IGNORE HIM FOR CHROM AND LUCINA!

NYAAHAHAHHA!

People thought Marth and Ike would get replaced by Chrom and Lucina.

Good times.

YEAH!

Lowers the chance of Chrom coming.

It's likely that they won't make it now.
But at least Ike has his return that is well deserved...

Never doubted it. Though I'm gonna be honest and say his new look is gonna take some getting used to

That it is...
With his new muscle tone.

WE LIKE IKE! WE LIKE IKE!!!

SSB4_-_Ike_Reveal.jpg

I saved it!

It's not for sure that it's this way, but it would certainly explain why characters that will obviously return, like Captain Falcon and Ness (they've been in every installment, it would be a huge uproar and nonsensical in general not to include them...), have not been announced

They better make it. -.-

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I honestly see us getting a trio of FE fighters this time and due to Awakenings massive success I still see someone from there coming in. Plus Chroms va made There will be brawl. I'd love to see the guy able to voice in smash itself.

It'll be hard to have three FE characters in. But...with Awakening's sales shooting up as you've already said, it's fair to have three. Chrom and Lucina, come on down. Your the next contestants. Chrom should be his own character and Lucina should be Marth's alternate costume wearing a mask.

I hope we can still play as Ranger Ike.

Make it one of his alternate costumes.

I'm also surprised Anacybele hasn't posted yet. She's either sleeping or in shock. :P

She's already passed out from being too excited. XD

JJDUEJUEUE3ufjewhybvgfhj IT'S IKE IT'S IKE IT'S IKE IT'S IKE!

IT'S REALLY IKE!! :D

AND OMFG IT'S RD IKE TOO!! :wub:

Sakurai, you're my HERO. (see what I did there? lol) I KNEW Ike would stay! I knew it!

I'm crying tears of joy now. x3 Take that, people who said Ike would end up like Roy!

I'm glad that I've/us have sent Nintendo fanletters to have him in. XD

I had a gut feeling he'd be back, but I was just waiting for the day where he'd be confirmed. I am very pleased. >=]

He's in two games like Marth and being the most popular Fire Emblem character in the west like Marth is for Japan.
He shouldn't be cut.

It's even worse for Roy, who many people want to return.

I don't want Roy to return.
He was only an advertisement for FE6 beforehand and Chrom and Lucina won't make it if he's in.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing Anna at all unless she starts getting her own spinoff series which I would imagine would play like Recettear. Capitalism ho!

We won't.
She hasn't been playable except in 13. So...nope, sorry.

I didn't expect Sakurai to confirm a new veteran before E3. I'm not exactly a big Ike fan, but I didn't expect to see him cut, especially after Lucario was confirmed.

But...at least this topic will get flooded with 50 pages in under a week upon this confirmation.

Well, I don't know just yet, a lot of widely believed speculations were proven wrong already, such as people like Lucario, Toon Link, and Ike being cut, Chrom replacing Ike, etc. Sakurai could easily surprise us yet again and go with someone other than Chrom. I personally hope he chooses Avatar instead. Chrom and Lucina bore me to tears, and the Avatar doesn't, even if he/she is Sueish. xP

Also, if people thought Little Mac was small compared to Samus, take a look at him next to Ike:

screen-7.jpg

Just LAWL IS HE TINY. XD He makes Ike look like Paul Bunyan!

It looks like Ike is ready to Counter. XD

Man, this has been going around tumblr since Ike was confirmed.

rD3HA5q.png

M6r57Lj.png

Points to whoever gets the reference.

Let the topic/tumblr waterfall flood of pages begin. XD

I thought those lines sounded familiar, lol that Spongebob episode was crazy. XD

But Ike sure works out! But I'm not complaining, I love his muscles. ^^

At least a new picture of him to fap. :3

Ike isn't shown using Eruption, but he still has Aether

But...Chrom should get Luna since Ike has Aether.

Oh yes, Ike needs blue fire too! I mean, he's not called the Hero of Blue Flames for nothing! His title is Radiant Hero outside of Japan, which actually sounds cooler, imo, but still! I also like to simply call him the Blue Flame. :)

He should emit that in his final smash.

Oh dang, I really need Lucas to come back.

Hopefully they'll find a way to make him so he's not much of a semi-clone of Ness, and decide to keep him. I'll never use Ness He's my boy.

Lucas is in the one of the top 10 utmost best games of all time!
He must make it at any cost. It's thanks to fobby.net's success is why that us westerns can play it!

Like me. But I wonder if his new build will make his attacks stronger, or just carry over from Brawl (besides a few different things to make him more "balanced").

With his extra tone, there is no way that he will be fast like Marth.

Let's hope they include Chrom for 3rd rep and Micaiah and Lyn (or some other supporting characters) as assist trophies.

Yeah.

Micaiah should do her Pyre attack from her "Micaiah's Pyre" tome that causes instant KO! Lyn should do a killing stroke that causes instant KO like before!

Fans will bitch if he's not in this game. And Lucina would be too similar to Marth.

I kind of want Micaiah to be the 3rd rep, but her last (and only) game was like 7 years ago.

He will be in.
Fans will be displeased if he's not.

yes, because the only people who played mother 3 were in Japan. Pfft. Who cares if there are spoilers? If the character would be a better rep, then that character should get in.

...Or anyone like me who uses translations.

Did you not even hear about the legendary translation team that got Mother 3 to English speakers?

And yes they did spoil it. The identity of the Masked Man was an enormous spoiler

Which took them nearly 15 years to make the patch to perfection with no bug issues. ^_^

Alot to say on the matter...

This is actually one of the more believable leaks IMO. Except the one with Pac and Ridley.

Edited by Knight

This is actually one of the more believable leaks IMO. Except the one with Pac and Ridley.

Which they have not been confirmed yet.

-----

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros._4

This game has already started developing since February 2012. Praise them for their hard work and success.

Edited by Barbie

*American Exclusive

So what?? That's the point: they put in him for the non-japanese players! They exist too, and with big name games that are also famous overseas like SSB, it's only bound to happen.

Yes, Ike got in, because he's the second-most representative lord OVERSEAS.

Like how they got in Little Mac: Punch-Out!! isn't very popular in Japan, but it was a hit in the USA.

SSB isn't a franchise that only minds the JP fanbase (for obvious reasons, since it's world-wide popular), unlike FE, so this kind of "BUT ONLY IN AMERICA~!" remark doesn't work here.

I think it's obvious, almost blatant, that this choice wasn't made for the JP players, just look at him and those shining, juicy manly armsdffsfhjhsfhjdaajjds....

I've read lots of non-JP Miiverse comments rejoicing his manliness, and that shows the difference in taste between countries, doesn't it?

Besides, Chrom was p-much confirmed with Regna Ferox, so you'll get your Sugita voice anyway, don't worry, I don't see how a third FE Character is impossible anyway.

The guys leaking the photos is claiming it's the demo roster. I admit it would be a strange thing to change now, but IDK.

Also, apparently this was the Melee CSS at some point in development? So maybe it's not without precedent...

I thought Melee was actually like that though. I remember playing it back in the day, and there would be locked characters jumbled with available characters...?

Maybe I'm going crazy?

Way more believable than the "full roster" from a month ago that for Ganondorf used the first picture in Google Images.

I thought Melee was actually like that though. I remember playing it back in the day, and there would be locked characters jumbled with available characters...?

Maybe I'm going crazy?

No. you're right. The only difference being that Zelda wasn't a question mark (the one next to Link)

Well, apparently the images with Ridley and Pac are fakes.

BOXL5Iq.jpg

Ridley's CSS box is a pixel higher than the others and doesn't line up. There's apparently something funky with the blue line going on, but I don't see it.

And the one with Pac-Man uses stock art.

pacpartysmash.gif

The others may or may not still be live though.

I figured the ones with Ridley and Pac were fake since Ridley was already teased as a boss.

The others however. I see them being possibly legit, which I think if I count all the slots correctly adds up to 50 slots.

We have 30 as of Ike revealed that means a possible 20 more

Wouldn't it make sense to have all the newcomers that have been shown as of now playable in the demo? Because it seems so weird to not have a playable Rosalina!

Brawl didn't do that, heck Kirby wasn't even playable in Brawls demo

Did you not even hear about the legendary translation team that got Mother 3 to English speakers?

And yes they did spoil it. The identity of the Masked Man was an enormous spoiler

Was that legendary translation team owned by Nintendo?

No, they were not. They had nothing to do with the fan translation, and so far have no plans on translating it at all. Which means NoA doesn't care about spoilers in games that may not come to America.