SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Was that legendary translation team owned by Nintendo?

No, they were not. They had nothing to do with the fan translation, and so far have no plans on translating it at all. Which means NoA doesn't care about spoilers in games that may not come to America.

You are so single minded. The Japanese were spoiled too or are you so nationalist that the Japanese who the games were developed by don't matter to you?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly using Japan-exclusive and the game being released long-ago are excuses. Spoilers are spoilers, regardless.

Just look at Zelda's new move, for those who haven't played Spirit Tracks, have now been spoiled. It's not too big of a deal, but if history has shown with the Smash series, Lucina being a spoiler to Awakening is definitely not one of the reasons she shouldn't be playable, not that I want her.

You know, that ability of Zelda's isn't that big a spoiler, considering how it was part of what advertised Spirit Tracks.

Edited by The Chosen One

You know, that ability of Zelda's isn't that big a spoiler, since it was part of what advertised Spirit Tracks.

I agree, but it was a spoiler in the advertisement too. I find it pretty funny regardless.

You are so single minded. The Japanese were spoiled too or are you so nationalist that the Japanese who the games were developed by don't matter to you?

Honestly using Japan-exclusive and the game being released long-ago are excuses. Spoilers are spoilers, regardless.

Well, it's the excuse Nintendo seems to be using, not that I mind much.

Also, it's not like Lucas' trophy said anything specific about Claus being the Masked Man and the likes. I'm not justifying that they are allowed to do this; I'm just pointing out why they would.

Lucina being a spoiler to Awakening is definitely not one of the reasons she shouldn't be playable, not that I want her.

Here Here

I wouldn't exclude someone like Lucina simply because of spoilers because of reasons stated in this thread, but there are other reasons I would only go so far as to make her an assist. For one thing, I feel Chrom and Avatar have a better shot and would be better reps, and for another, she could easily be a Marth alternate costume, which has also been said a lot. I don't want her at all anyway. Even if she does get in though, I wouldn't be upset. I have all my past mains and secondaries now that Ike is in, so I'm happy happy happy. ^^

Also, some good news! I forgot to mention that I'm off work on the 10th! I'll get to see Nintendo's E3 directs live YAY!!

Edited by Anacybele

I would prefer Lucina merely be an alternate outfit/skin more than anything. Much as I like Lucina, I'd rather her NOT take up another slot, given that she WOULD pretty much play like Marth.

I would prefer Lucina merely be an alternate outfit/skin more than anything. Much as I like Lucina, I'd rather her NOT take up another slot, given that she WOULD pretty much play like Marth.

Not that I want Chrom or Lucina in, but if they actually tried they could make something different giving her both the Falchion and Lances, not that they would given what they did with Roy back in Melee but it's an option.

You know, reading the trophy descriptions in Brawl, it seems there's a lot more spoiled than one would think. Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario also have plenty of stuff spoiled that isn't too obvious, and those games were very recent when Brawl came out.

I laugh every time somebody says "oh Lucina will play like marth if she gets in." There would obviously at least be SOME differences that would at least make her style separate from Marth's, like Ganon to Captain Falcon.

I laugh every time somebody says "oh Lucina will play like marth if she gets in." There would obviously at least be SOME differences that would at least make her style separate from Marth's, like Ganon to Captain Falcon.

I'm pretty sure most of us know that, the thing is that having a character with a moveset that's pretty much a lite-clone of another character but with a different spin whether it's speed or power feels kinda lame compared to a completely different character, the Ganon/Capt. Falcon scenario is one of those things that I already don't like in Smash Bros (or any other fighting game for that matter), I think there's no need to add even more things like that.

Of course that doesn't mean she can't get in, just that some people don't see much need if her moveset ends up making her Roy 2.0 and would rather have something else using the character slot.

Like how they got in Little Mac: Punch-Out!! isn't very popular in Japan, but it was a hit in the USA.

Mother 1 would have been too if only we'd have gotten that game. -.-

As the game does take place on Earth in North America. :D

Was that legendary translation team owned by Nintendo?

No, they were not. They had nothing to do with the fan translation, and so far have no plans on translating it at all. Which means NoA doesn't care about spoilers in games that may not come to America.

Well....Mother 1's translation was official as the patches were used by their unfinished work. Is why that you've never encountered any bugs in them. They planned to release the game, but didn't because of something regarding marketing. Same went for AAI2(Ace Attorney Investigations 2) Although for AAI2, their unfinished work wasn't given.

Edited by Barbie

Lucina as an alternate costume for Marth wouldn't work. This isn't a scenario like the Wii Fit Trainers or the Villagers, she's a completely different character.

It just wouldn't feel right. She wouldn't really be Lucina if she was a Marth alternate costume, much like how the Daisy palette swap of Peach isn't really Daisy.

Of course, none of this means that Sakurai won't do it. It's just that it would be really lame if he did.

Lucina as an alternate costume for Marth wouldn't work. This isn't a scenario like the Wii Fit Trainers or the Villagers, she's a completely different character.

It just wouldn't feel right. She wouldn't really be Lucina if she was a Marth alternate costume, much like how the Daisy palette swap of Peach isn't really Daisy.

Of course, none of this means that Sakurai won't do it. It's just that it would be really lame if he did.

Eh, he's done some pretty lame stuff in the past. So, I wouldn't put it past him.

I'm pretty sure most of us know that, the thing is that having a character with a moveset that's pretty much a lite-clone of another character but with a different spin whether it's speed or power feels kinda lame compared to a completely different character, the Ganon/Capt. Falcon scenario is one of those things that I already don't like in Smash Bros (or any other fighting game for that matter), I think there's no need to add even more things like that.

Of course that doesn't mean she can't get in, just that some people don't see much need if her moveset ends up making her Roy 2.0 and would rather have something else using the character slot.

she wouldn't TOO much like Marth, since he has his FE12 design now, and Lucina is sort of a girl, but I understand what you're saying.

"At least." I would hope Sakurai wouldn't make her moveset like that, since he would effectively be starting from scratch, like Ike, who didn't play like Marth at all.

Edited by Comet

I see no impossibility on Sakurai adding Chrom and/or Lucina, if FE gets an extra character. If there was Fox, Falco and Wolf in Brawl, there's also the chance of 3 swordsmen to be there sharing similar fighting styles. So I wouldn't argue Chrom/Lucina won't be in because Marth's already there; or as well say other lords or representative characters have a higher chance pf being in because the rest would play the role of clones or semi clones.

On a other note, new chars have been all revealed in Nintendo Directs so a new char won't appear until Ninty shows up with a new vid or at E3 NinDirect. Otherwise, veteras is what we're getting :3

unless Sakurai changes his pattern o_O

I see no similarities between Marth and Lucina besides the ones they also share with Sigurd, Seliph, Chrom and Ike.

Be fair, none of them actually get mistaken for Marth in their own games.

I see no similarities between Marth and Lucina besides the ones they also share with Sigurd, Seliph, Chrom and Ike

reminder that lucina's first words in the damn game were "you may call me marth" and that she was actively assuming the identity of marth

oh and marth's bonus unit incarnations in that game look almost exactly like her

Hey guys, so since Wii Fit Trainer has a male alternate and Villager has female alternates as well, you know what this means, right? EVERYBODY gets a gender-swap option! Just imagine it: female Mario and Luigi, male Peach, female Ike, male Marth, etc.

Hey guys, so since Wii Fit Trainer has a male alternate and Villager has female alternates as well, you know what this means, right? EVERYBODY gets a gender-swap option! Just imagine it: female Mario and Luigi, male Peach, female Ike, male Marth, etc.

male Marth?

Wait.. so if I recall correctly, Melee had heavier gravity, creating a much more fast-paced battle, right?

Whereas Brawl had lighter physics, and falling slower (?), in comparison to Melee. If that's the case, which type of gravity will SSB4 have? To be honest, I kinda want Melee's gravity. I loved the fast-paced action. But Brawl did give me time to stall...