SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I'm gonna be honest and say his new look is gonna take some getting used to

but...it's his outfit from the second fire emblem game he was in O_o

meanwhile, anacybele is probably asleep right now but sensing an explosion of fangirl approaching within her

Edited by xXHeartbreakXx

but...it's his outfit from the second fire emblem game he was in O_o

I know that, which does make sense to include. There's just something about it that doesn't bode well with me. Maybe cause I preferred the former, but hey, it still looks good in the end

Congrats Ike fans! Been saying it from the start, he's going to return. Funnily, he's announced just as I get to the last epilogue chapter in Radiant Dawn, what timing!

People thought Marth and Ike would get replaced by Chrom and Lucina.

They never stood a chance.

no no no he's real

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

the hype is real

or something

EDIT: P.S. I saw this somewhere

Why Ike? If we're to hear of a returning veteran any time soon, I think there are others we'll hear before Ike, like Captain Falcon, Ness, or Falco.

Certain characters, especially certain veterans, probably won't be revealed until the game comes out, I think

Look at previous games/trends

It's not for sure that it's this way, but it would certainly explain why characters that will obviously return, like Captain Falcon and Ness (they've been in every installment, it would be a huge uproar and nonsensical in general not to include them...), have not been announced

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

YEAH!Lowers the chance of Chrom coming.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I honestly see us getting a trio of FE fighters this time and due to Awakenings massive success I still see someone from there coming in. Plus Chroms va made There will be brawl. I'd love to see the guy able to voice in smash itself.

Edited by Jedisupersonic

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I honestly see us getting a trio of FE fighters this time and due to Awakenings massive success I still see someone from there coming in. Plus Chroms via made There will be brawl. I'd love to see the guy able to voice in smash itself.

I didn't say we weren't getting another FE rep, I just think that if Ike and Marth are already in, Chrom wouldn't be high priority for the third due to being about as similar as can be. Lucina and Robin would be better choices. I think Tiki would also have been a really good and unique choice, but that's as good as de-confirmed.

I didn't say we weren't getting another FE rep, I just think that if Ike and Marth are already in, Chrom wouldn't be high priority for the third due to being about as similar as can be. Lucina and Robin would be better choices. I think Tiki would also have been a really good and unique choice, but that's as good as de-confirmed.

Ah pardon my misunderstanding, I agree but at the same time Sakurai has made movesets unique based off less.

(Track record with Ganondorf not withstanding lol) so we'll certainly see

Ike was always one of the gray area characters. We were always unsure if he'd return or not. I mean all that's left is Lucas, Wario, R.O.B., Meta Knight, Snake, and Wolf. Everyone from before Brawl is pretty much a guarantee to return so I don't have doubts for them. Of the ones from brawl only Wario and Meta Knight are, in my opinion, guaranteed to return. The others are pretty gray still.

Edit: Since they've given Little Mac his "wire frame" form, I hope we can still play as Ranger Ike.

Edited by Naui

Ike was always one of the gray area characters. We were always unsure if he'd return or not. I mean all that's left is Lucas, Wario, R.O.B., Meta Knight, Snake, and Wolf. Everyone from before Brawl is pretty much a guarantee to return so I don't have doubts for them. Of the ones from brawl only Wario and Meta Knight are, in my opinion, guaranteed to return. The others are pretty gray still.

Edit: Since they've given Little Mac his "wire frame" form, I hope we can still play as Ranger Ike.

Wire mac's physique is still the exact same as his regular model though, while ranger ike and hero ike have three years of growing steroids between them. They aren't of the same body type, your hope isn't lost though, wii fit trainer has two different models.

Yeah. Also to the possibility for an Awakening rep, Marth and Ike's US profiles lead to the Awakening site. However the Japanese profiles for both lead to the Shin Hikari and Radiant Dawn pages instead. Still a chance for Chrom/Lucina/Avatar. One of them.

Ike wasn't my favourite character in Brawl, but I still think its nice to see him return. I did't like his Radiant Dawn design very much and I still don't so his new look is a bit of a let down for me.

So happy! I don't really play as Ike in Smash but I like him and I'm glad he's back to represent FE with Marth! :D Now we can finally stop debating his chances every 5 pages. Even though they went with his muscly look he looks pretty good!

I'm also surprised Anacybele hasn't posted yet. She's either sleeping or in shock. :P

So many people mourning Chrom in the comments. I didn't think Ike would be cut, but now that he's officially confirmed I feel like I wouldn't mind if there was no FE newcomer. I do expect one, but yeah.

It's funny, I made a video about Ike at around the time of this year's FE anniversary to celebrate it and 4/20 and because I was expecting Ike's return at around that time.

In short, I was celebrating Ike in the new Smash Bros a month before it actually happened.

[spoiler=In any case, enjoy.]

... is it okay for me to still hate Radiant Dawn?

Edited by Ike-Mike

Certain characters, especially certain veterans, probably won't be revealed until the game comes out, I think

Look at previous games/trends

It's not for sure that it's this way, but it would certainly explain why characters that will obviously return, like Captain Falcon and Ness (they've been in every installment, it would be a huge uproar and nonsensical in general not to include them...), have not been announced

I guess...by that logic I can understand Falco not being revealed, but all of C. Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, and Wario, who represent their own series? Two of whom are from SSB64? Why would these characters not get revealed until the game is out? It's not like anyone expects them to be cut.

And what "previous games/trends" are you referring to?

Even with the Falco logic, though, it doesn't explain why all returning characters from some series (Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong) have been revealed while vets in series that aren't represented yet at all are nowhere to be seen. The last time a returning character was revealed who was the first to be seen from their series was Marth. That was last year. Earthbound even had two reps in Brawl, but for some reason neither rep has been seen for SSB4 yet.

JJDUEJUEUE3ufjewhybvgfhj IT'S IKE IT'S IKE IT'S IKE IT'S IKE!

IT'S REALLY IKE!! :D

AND OMFG IT'S RD IKE TOO!! :wub:

Sakurai, you're my HERO. (see what I did there? lol) I KNEW Ike would stay! I knew it!

I'm crying tears of joy now. x3 Take that, people who said Ike would end up like Roy!

Edited by Anacybele

As one of the people who thought Ike would be gone, I am pleasantly surprised. I did not expect this at all. I am a little happy to see him return, to be honest. Having a strong, bulky swordsman was pretty cool in Brawl (even though I preferred Marth's speedy air strikes), and having him return and be even bulkier is pretty cool also. And I'll be honest, I was only thinking Ike was leaving because of what happened to Roy.

His model in the Wii U version looks really awesome. I wonder how much he'll change from his Brawl appearance. Like I'm going to take a safe guess that he'll be the most powerful of the swordsmen, but things like how his speed will be and if there will be any big changes to his moveset are making me wonder. And I just realized how similar the armor he has on his left arm and from his knees-down is to Greil's

Edited by Konnor97