SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Nothing says you can't crossplay.

Yeah, but the only available Ike costumes out there are for guys. And I wouldn't fit any because I'm small... And I don't know how I'd ball up my long hair to fit under a messy blue wig. XD

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAT *runs to check school schedule*

June 10th---- ...DAMMIT. I'll have finals then. Dx BALLLLLLLS. I'm close (enough) to Los Angeles as well. x___X

Well so much for that. Guess I'll wait for release like everyone else. =____=

Oh man, that WOULD be funny. I'd also actually laugh if Sakurai showed a trailer for Chrom or Avatar and then said "I'm sorry to tell Ike fans, however, that he had to be left out, unfortunately. ...Nah, just kidding, he's staying too!" XD

TBH I kind of hope they actually do this lol. I doubt he will after faking us out in the exact same way with ZSS, but it'd be pretty funny hahahaha.

Yeah, I kinda doubt it too for that same reason. Some fans would probably be like "oh come on, Sakurai, this again?" lol Plus, I kind of hope more for a scenario similar to Charizard and Greninja, where Ike shows up first and then Chrom/Avatar/whoever jumps in right after.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but the only available Ike costumes out there are for guys. And I wouldn't fit any because I'm small... And I don't know how I'd ball up my long hair to fit under a messy blue wig. XD

But the point of cosplaying is to make your own costume!

Or at least, commission someone to tailor-make it for you.

I like Ana's idea, although my only change to it is Ike battling Marth or someone else fitting, and Chrom/Avatar jumping in to the battle. But then..."Against the Dark Knight" plays, and the Black Knight busts through all of them with Alondite. Cut to the most badass game footage ever on the Wii U Fire Emblem stage.

Yeah, I imagine Marth doing something and then either Ike showing up to fake a reveal the same way Charizard did, or some kind of shadowy figure clashing swords with Marth before we see the Awakening Falchion and zoom out on whoever's carrying it hah. That'd be cool right?

I have a feeling we'll see the reveal of whoever's in from Awakening at E3... or at least, I'm getting anxious to see who it will be myself, anyway.

Pic of the Day:

newcomer_takamaru_by_senjen-d3k4lr2.jpg

...okay, here's the real pic of the day:

daily.jpg

Just a screenshot confirming palette swaps, though it's not like they were going anywhere. Though on the more optimistic side, it's nice to see Fire Mario returning. Red Greninja is also pretty awesome.

If Fire Mario is back, then Fire Luigi must be too! Yayz! I always picked Fire Luigi because my favorite power-up. :D

That color scheme only makes sense considering it was originally Luigi's default palette. Same reason Mario still has the red overalls look as an alternate palette.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

N1mI0yP.jpg

"Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better." - Sakurai.

Also, two pictures today:

K3tjRck.jpg

"Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle." - Sakurai

Interesting, but what about characters that aren't as symmetrical as those shown? It'd be kinda weird to see Marth and Ike with swords in their left hands or Link with one in his right. xP

He does say the only some characters mirror. I assume asymmetrical characters like sword wielders or Samus do not mirror either direction and simply face different ways like in previous Smash Bros.

Weapon-holding characters will likely still have their chests facing the screen regardless os the side they're facing, but the hands they use to hold their weapons will most definitely remain consistent. What Sakurai is doing here is not just a simple mirroring, he's doing completely different poses for when the characters are facing either side, which is basically twice as much work.

Look at Greninja's wrapped tongue. Notice Red Greninja has one layer of tongue covering another (shown by a single line), while Blue Greninja doesn't have any. This shows that the "wrap" in Greninja's tongue is only on Greninja's left side of his face, and it's not something we'll see if the character was simply mirrored.

post-36-0-30607800-1400697118_thumb.jpg

Well we did get this image a while back, so it may be different now, but it certainly looks like they'll simply face different directions.

Edited by Kyea

I believe that Marth, Link, Samus, and other characters will have their backs face the camera. It would be a lot of work to have them keep their weapons consistent and mirror the pose, because you'd have to animate and rig the characters all over again. Plus it could affect things like sword reach. The characters who have been successfully flipped can have their control rig mirrored even if the model is slightly asymmetrical like Greninja.

Looks like Nintendo is partnering with a third party to create a Gamecube like classic controller to connect to Wii U.

It seems to connect to the Wii Remote just like the Wii classic controller.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/05/21/nintendo-and-pdp-partner-for-gamecube-style-controller-for-smash-bros-wii-u/

Edited by kingddd

The Wii Pro controller will probably be the choice of most people, but the right analog stick is dominant on the Pro rather than the buttons. The GCN has a very unique button arrangement that most Smashers prefer and also sticks the right analog back below the buttons. But if it feels and plays like the Gamestop version of the GCN controller, it's not going to be worth it...

There are already third party adapters that connect GC controllers to the Wii remote. I have two.

Also, I really hope that this game is fast. Melee is the best in the series to me, and a good amount of that is because it's so intense and action packed. Brawl's a good game, but it's so slow compared to Melee. Although Project M fixed that, and it brought back our boy, so I guess I should just play that...

Basically, I hope this game is fast.

I'm still trying to comprehend a full 90-minute presentation just on Smash Bros.

The direct was less than half that length and we got... lots. There will be plenty of tears on the 10th.

Less than 3 weeks to go!

There are already third party adapters that connect GC controllers to the Wii remote. I have two.

Also, I really hope that this game is fast. Melee is the best in the series to me, and a good amount of that is because it's so intense and action packed. Brawl's a good game, but it's so slow compared to Melee. Although Project M fixed that, and it brought back our boy, so I guess I should just play that...

Basically, I hope this game is fast.

You might be disappointed then. Sakurai has stated that SSB4 is going to be an in-between. Not as fast as Melee, but not as slow as Brawl either.

So the pic of the day was more for showing off the "frontal poses" certain characters will always show off regardless of the side they face? I feel like I should've figured that out even without the Miiverse quote being up at the time...

I like how they're giving priority seating for Smash Bros. cosplayers at the E3 Smash Tournament. Even though there very likely won't be any bonuses for people who cosplay as their favourite Smash Bros. character at the E3 Best Buy Smash Demo event, I'm still planning to go dressed up as Marth for the fun of it.

I'm still trying to comprehend a full 90-minute presentation just on Smash Bros.

The direct was less than half that length and we got... lots.

Now I'm trying to comprehend it too. I'm having a hard time doing so, especially since the April Direct covered plenty as it is and there likely won't be too much overlap between the info the E3 Direct and the April Direct will have (unless they're delving very heavily into things that the April Direct only briefly showed, though I'd hardly consider that to be much of an overlap). I have a feeling Sakurai will be going heavily in depth with the 3DS/Wii U connectivity with the Direct.

Would you happen to know what time the E3 Smash Direct will be shown? If it'll be shown past 2 PM, I might have to book off two days from work rather than one for E3 related events (one for the Best Buy Smash Bros. Demo, and the other just for the Smash Direct, since even with work I'll be able to watch Nintendo's E3 presentation since it's in the morning and my work is in the evening).

Speaking of the E3 Best Buy Smash Bros. Demo, they still haven't announced the times and dates for it, huh? I'll need to know when it is a week in advance if I want to book it off from work. Otherwise, I'll just book off the Wednesday and hope I'm correct, since the Best Buy E3 Demos last year were also on a Wednesday (and a Saturday, but I won't need to book off Saturday) if I remember correctly.

Edit:

smash(5).png

I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually really happy seeing this update. I didn't like how in most cases, you couldn't make character teams where both team members were in their default or most iconic costume (unless you had a green team with Luigi and Link or something like that). It always bothered me that you could never have a Mario and Luigi team where they were both in their iconic blue overalls and red/green shirt (barring classic or the co-op modes). I'm really glad that they fixed that up and made it so that you're not forced/restricted to certain costumes in team battles, or in some cases, even outright banned from using the default costume for a character (which is the one I use in most cases, since it's weird on my eyes otherwise).

I wonder what the colour border looks like on the Wii U version, though...

Edited by Randoman

daily.jpg

"Pic of the day. In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation."