SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

so i just thought of something. so roy "died" during the transition to brawl, right? since death is permanent in fe unless you're a flithy casual, he's not coming back, sadly.

@dark: you could always use netplay or the other servers, so it's technically not over yet. :D

oh, and something else. i have to wonder why i'm not seeing many people reverse aerial rush wavedashes for REALLY quick ledgegrabs in competitive play...what the heck?

Yeah. We know that Sakurai permanently landed the last blow to his career.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are people's thoughts on Mr. Game and Watch? I see people constantly talk about who is getting in and not getting in, but he seems to be completely forgotten. Personally, I hope he doesn't make it. I never liked him much.

Edited by Necromancer Duck

game and watch has a cool playstyle and is a great choice to represent nintendo's hardware imo. i'd like to see him in, though i guess that implies me having some doubt in him getting in... i'm not worried about him getting in since he was in the last two games and there's no reason for him to be cut.

Yeah. We know that Sakurai permanently landed the last blow to his career.

:/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as others were previously saying, ROB and Game & Watch we're both console revivers. Meaning, if it weren't for them, we probably wouldn't be into home-consoles, and it would be a Japan-exclusive thing.

So they're in as characters to remember, like role models...? (In a way?)

yes

Edited by Comet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as others were previously saying, ROB and Game & Watch we're both console revivers. Meaning, if it weren't for them, we probably wouldn't be into home-consoles, and it would be a Japan-exclusive thing.

So they're in as characters to remember, like role models...? (In a way?)

I'm a massive Jiggs fan and would hate to see her cut just because her popularity as a Pokemon isn't as high as it used to be. She has a unique playstyle, she's a series vet, and she's easy to model and animate to the point where they could probably have her finished in days.

i'd argue that jigglypuff is actually a lot more relevant this time around than it was in melee or brawl, given its status as one of the flagship fairy-types for the type's debut. that alone, i'd argue, diminishes its chance of getting cut significantly (not that said chances actually ever existed)

also ahahahaha oh wow what is with all the rob hate

Oh yeah, I forgot that Jigglypuff had been shown off as one of the re-typed Pokemon. I still don't think she would be cut even if that wasn't the case though.

Also, I just started thinking a little while ago. Ike has probably gotten the most drastic update of any character, at least design-wise. Not even Marth has gotten as different appearance-wise as our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander. Marth basically just changed clothes. Ike not only has a new outfit, but also more muscle, an older and manlier face, a slightly different hairstyle, and a taller, bulkier model.

This made me realize that Sakurai was willing to not only bring Ike back but start over from complete scratch with him because this is an entirely new model. This is just awesome, that he chose to put more work into the guy than he technically needed to. ^^ Sakurai just might have a soft spot for Ike!

I'd rather have Jigglypuff gone and replaced with Sylveon. We still get a fairy type and we also get to keep Ivysaur's gameplay of "vines as a disjointed hitbox".

Oh yeah, I forgot that Jigglypuff had been shown off as one of the re-typed Pokemon. I still don't think she would be cut even if that wasn't the case though.

Also, I just started thinking a little while ago. Ike has probably gotten the most drastic update of any character, at least design-wise. Not even Marth has gotten as different appearance-wise as our favorite blue-haired mercenary commander. Marth basically just changed clothes. Ike not only has a new outfit, but also more muscle, an older and manlier face, a slightly different hairstyle, and a taller, bulkier model.

This made me realize that Sakurai was willing to not only bring Ike back but start over from complete scratch with him because this is an entirely new model. This is just awesome, that he chose to put more work into the guy than he technically needed to. ^^ Sakurai just might have a soft spot for Ike!

well, marth did at least gain enough muscle mass to not have people be confused about his gender nearly as much with his fe12 design (thank arceus). it's also nice that ike has his new design, since that REALLY differentiates him from other possible fe characters.

i will cry for two minutes if jigglypuff isn't included. i love rest too much...

Edited by Comet

Yeah, but Ike almost feels like a new character now lol. I wonder if he'll be a little heavier and stronger with this new model? I mean, muscle adds more weight to a person as well as strength.

I'm guessing it's less of a case of liking Ike and more just finding it more approriate to update his design to fit the playstyle he already has as well as using his more recent appearance. Methinks you're looking a bit too much into it, but whatevs.

I'd rather have Jigglypuff gone and replaced with Sylveon. We still get a fairy type and we also get to keep Ivysaur's gameplay of "vines as a disjointed hitbox".

If only Sylveon would get the jump on Jigglypuff

pfvg.png

rating here. Maybe she will make it. -.-

Yeah, but Ike almost feels like a new character now lol. I wonder if he'll be a little heavier and stronger with this new model? I mean, muscle adds more weight to a person as well as strength.

It'll make him perform like Ganondorf nonetheless.

I'm guessing it's less of a case of liking Ike and more just finding it more approriate to update his design to fit the playstyle he already has as well as using his more recent appearance. Methinks you're looking a bit too much into it, but whatevs.

Yes, but nothing says Sakurai doesn't like Ike. lol Sure, he's said that Navarre is his favorite FE character, but that doesn't mean that's the ONLY character he likes. :P

Hello guys, how do you do ?

Well that's true, he does feel like a new character, but that won't stop him from being the most badass ever known to gaming, I just want him to get his Ragnell wave slash, I want his Quick draw to be cancel-able like in project M, Hopefully his Back-air remain intact because it's seriously the best attack in SSB. ever, hopefully Ike aerials remain intact.

Anyways our boy is back to kick some ass and take some names.

Oh, I agree, he is the most badass. ^^ And I want that Ragnell waveslash too! I can't believe Ike didn't already have it, in fact. He does have pretty good aerial moves too, I noticed! And he's so strong, Snake is afraid of him! lol

Remember the conversation thingies he has? He said he doesn't want to get near Ike! Haha.

Oh, I agree, he is the most badass. ^^ And I want that Ragnell waveslash too! I can't believe Ike didn't already have it, in fact. He does have pretty good aerial moves too, I noticed! And he's so strong, Snake is afraid of him! lol

Remember the conversation thingies he has? He said he doesn't want to get near Ike! Haha.

Lol, It's such a nice thing to find another Ike fanatic like me, for me Ike was a character that was made for me specifically, seriously, I love huge 2 handed swords and my favourite color is blue, and I really like headbands and a solo shoulderpad !.

In fact the day Ike was revealed I had a dream about SSBU, in that dream it had every character in the video game world except for Ike, I was so frustrated, once I woke up I realized it was a dream, and I opened the Super Smash site and my heart stopped for a whole second when I saw Ike's picture in his badass getup!

Until now I still can't believe that he actually exist!

Maybe the game's development is too complicated to give him a sword wave slash attack. It would be nice though if he could have it.

^I don't buy that. xP A couple of FE games for GC and Wii weren't too complicated, surely a 3DS and Wii U game can't be.

Azuren the Hero: Haha, I had a total of four dreams about Ike's reveal before it actually happened, but the one from the week right before felt the most real. I thought it might be telling me that the real thing was finally near. And a week later, bam! :D

Blue is my favorite color too and I also like sexy headbands like the one Ike wears! But I love him for his character and his hotness too. I like strong hunky guys as well, and that's what RD Ike is! x3

Maybe the game's development is too complicated to give him a sword wave slash attack. It would be nice though if he could have it.

Actually it was considered back than in SSBB development but it was scrapped because it felt overpowered, but now he has Bandai Namco working under him so they will help him balance the game to be perfect for competitive play.

^I don't buy that. xP A couple of FE games for GC and Wii weren't too complicated, surely a 3DS and Wii U game can't be.

Azuren the Hero: Haha, I had a total of four dreams about Ike's reveal before it actually happened, but the one from the week right before felt the most real. I thought it might be telling me that the real thing was finally near. And a week later, bam! :D

Blue is my favorite color too and I also like sexy headbands like the one Ike wears! But I love him for his character and his hotness too. I like strong hunky guys as well, and that's what RD Ike is! x3

Haha, for me I aspire to be like him :D.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Actually it was considered back than in SSBB development but it was scrapped because it felt overpowered, but now he has Bandai Namco working under him so they will help him balance the game to be perfect for competitive play.

Making it so it doesn't push the opponent away some and that it doesn't do too much damage. Better yet, make that his new final smash that is if they plan to overpower it!

Edited by Barbie

No way, Great Aether should remain Ike's Final Smash! It's too awesome to take away. :(

Just make its flames blue and I'm good. ^^ So Sakurai, be smart, dude! Ike isn't called the Hero of Blue Flames for nothing!

Canada's Best Buy Smash Demo locations and times have been posted. It looks like I'm going to both the Wednesday and Saturday events fully clad in my Marth cosplay. =D

Also, these news pieces probably mean very little for both Mallo's and Takamaru's chances of being playable in SSB4 (especially since roster decisions were likely finalized last year), but I thought I'd mention it anyways: Pushmo is getting it's 3rd game on the Wii U and The Mysterious Murasame Castle is being released on the European 3DS Virtual Console despite being a Japan only title.

On the topic of R.O.B:

R.O.B. was the only Brawl newcomer that I mained, since Lucario (my most wanted Brawl newcomer that made it in) became a secondary due to his KO power being too weak for me most of the time (I hope Aura in SSB4 won't make Lucario too weak at low damage). Plus, R.O.B.'s pretty cool, being a robot with a jet powered base and eye lasers. I've always liked robots, even as a kid.

As for him being "a waste of a slot", that's hardly the case due to how R.O.B. helped market the NES outside of Japan by having people think it was a remote control robot, hence why they called the game console an "entertainment system" and why the NES was called the "Control Deck", so people wouldn't associate it as a game console since people outside Japan really hated gaming after all the video game crash. The NES was even design to look like a VCR (hence the side loading cartridge mechanism) and not a game console so people outside of Japan wouldn't go look at the NES and think "ugh, another game console. Like I'm buying another one of those after E.T." Ultimately, R.O.B. served as the trojan horse to get gaming popular and liked again outside of Japan. You can't tell me Nintendo's trojan horse that revived gaming outside of Japan is a "waste of a slot", especially since Nintendo very likely would never have gotten popular outside of Japan if it wasn't for R.O.B.

Even without R.O.B.'s role in Nintendo history, I don't think Sakurai will cut R.O.B., since Sakurai's bringing back the Subspace Army in the 3DS Version's Smash Run. It'd be really weird for Sakurai to bring back the R.O.B. enemies, yet cut the playable R.O.B. from the roster.

Also:

smashsteam.png

Edit: Beaten to it. Anyways, I'm already thinking up some funny screenshots to take using the steam, like fully charged fart Wario emitting a lot of steam and everyone around him having disgusted faces.

Edited by Randoman

On the topic of R.O.B:

R.O.B. was the only Brawl newcomer that I mained, since Lucario (my most wanted Brawl newcomer that made it in) became a secondary since his KO power was too weak for me most of the time (I hope Aura in SSB4 won't make Lucario too weak at low damage). Plus, R.O.B.'s pretty cool, being a robot with a jet powered base and eye lasers. I've always liked robots, even as a kid.

As for him being "a waste of a slot", that's hardly the case due to how R.O.B. helped market the NES outside of Japan by having people think it was a remote control robot, hence why they called the game console an "entertainment system" and why the NES was called the "Control Deck", so people wouldn't associate it as a game console since people outside Japan really hated gaming after all the video game crash. The NES was even design to look like a VCR and not a game console so people outside of Japan wouldn't go look at the NES and think "ugh, another game console. Like I'm buying another one of those after E.T." Ultimately, R.O.B. served as the trojan horse to get gaming popular and liked again outside of Japan. You can't tell me Nintendo's trojan horse that revived gaming is a "waste of a slot", especially since Nintendo very likely would never have gotten popular outside of Japan if it wasn't for R.O.B.

Even without R.O.B.'s role in Nintendo history, I don't think Sakurai will cut R.O.B., since Sakurai's bringing back the Subspace Army in the 3DS Version's Smash Run. It'd be really weird for Sakurai to bring back the R.O.B. enemies, yet cut the playable R.O.B. from the roster.

Also:

smashsteam.png

I already posted that image in this thread already. :p

Also, I do hope that they keep R.O.B. in the sequel, I did managed to got R.O.B. defeat Tabuu in the Boss Battles without any hits from him.

Edited by King Marth 64

I actually like that he showed off this feature, as much as I never had a terrible problem with keeping track of everyone's damage percentages, this feels like it would at least make it easier. I like these aesthetic-related pictures, they make one realize just how much detail they're put into everything in the game