SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Though it's worth something, that's not exactly what he's asking. Like, if Sonic broke into a run and jumped during it, would he be going the same speed as he was while he was running? If he were in melee he would've, but in brawl he didn't, he had a separate top air speed and top ground speed. And if you jumped in the middle of a run while in melee, then didn't touch the control stick, the character would still move forward, but in brawl if you jumped while in a run and didn't press anything, you'd just jump straight up. Seen what would happen in those situations in smash4?

it was pretty much like brawl when I jumped. I didn't get as much momentum when I ran and jumped compared to melee unfortunately I haven't gotten enough time to play to judge it fully.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling I'm gonna love SSB4, but I'll still crank out my N64 and play the original... and everything in between too.

My mains:

SSB - Link, Fox, Captain Falcon

Melee - Roy, Roy, Roy, Peach, Bowser

Brawl - Ike, Toon Link, Zero Suit, Peach, King Dedede

Project M (if it even counts) - Ike, Roy, Toon Link

I'll probably be maining Ike, Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja in the SSB4, and perhaps Palutena, Charizard, Zero Suit, Rosalina, Peach, Toon Link, Bowser, etc... Can't say for sure, of course.

....wait. That's not Phazon Suit Samus.

That's still her MP2 Dark Suit.

.......Youuuuu lied to me. >.>

I didn't notice, at first glance it looked like the phazon suit to me. I hope that all her suit colourations from every game become alt colours for her though.

Edited by Knight

Looks like we get some of the Swordmaster Mii special moves in the PotD. Probably side b moves? Maybe neutral b?

Shurikens of Light

Chakrams

Gale Strike

Lucky that you got to record it. The Nintendo representatives at my best buy didn't allow pictures or videos

-.-
In the Fire Emblem stage it has been proven that one of the tracks in the game is
"The Devoted(FE10)"

In fact now the people are scared about Chrom not making into the game, being replaced by Robin/Avatar (Who would make more sense and is more popular, plus free female skin like Fit Trainer) while they were the ones laughing about Ike leaving smash.

Even if he doesn't make it, I'm going to create a Mii of him anyhow.

Snake isnt coming back because he was a guest character/third party and because Kojima stated that he didnt talk about it with Sakurai. He wont probably come back, but he could.

Doesn't say Koonami on the front of the smash game's title screen. He won't comeback.

Charizard comes because he is the most popular Pokemon in history

Regardless Mewtwo hopes are still there due the popularity he has and the 2 megaforms, but like always "Its just Sakurai" he will do what he wants and we will give him our money xD

I would say that Pikachu is since he's the fucking mascot of Pokemon.
...And Sakurai deserves every piece of yen from us.

1. I would love for Ghirahim to be in, but I think Vaati would be chosen first for a Zelda newcomer. He's a more recurring villain and has a larger role in the series as a result. He's my most wanted Zelda newcomer anyway lol.

2. Also, Charizard isn't the most popular Pokemon, that'd be Pikachu. :P

1. Ganon stays.

If for a new villian...Zant.

2. An electric mouse would like a word with you.

2. See...

Also, if they keep Matthew Mercer as Chrom's voice (I know he says he didn't know anything about being in Smash

This is why that Sakurai needs more time to develop the game as he needs those particular voice actors to fulfill their roles so we won't get a horde of complaints later.

All Fire Emblem characters suck, I hope we don't get any more and I hope Marth and Ike get cut from SSB5.

Also I hope we get something like Melee's Adventure mode back. I like those modes more than I did the Subspace Emissary.

The only thing I'm sick and tired of is that we are getting only sword users. No Lances, Magic, Axes, Bows. Nothing.

lol

We didn't get half the series is why that we never get more than two/three reps.

So we basicaly got Axel, Yasuo and Sasuke in the game owo. I hate Mii Fighters xDDDD Disgusting character.

I still need to have the full list of characters to know what am I going to main in this game, because Ike (ofc) - Marth - Greninja-Charizard look fine, but if Ridley-Isaac make in, definitely Ike and Ridley would be the things I would use in the tournaments and competitive scene im taking part of.

Ooh, the Shuriken of Light would actually make sense with two of the characters I made into MIis. Kelli has abilities that revolve around light, and Azura gains light magic in a special lance later in her story. They're both primarily sword wielders too. This'll be so fun. ^^

As for Frederick, I'm just gonna wait and see what other options are available.

The tears of the Mii haters are so delicious.

I remember seeing bookofholsety's tumblr about the Mii's Sword looking like a Leif's blade... and making a Mii to look exactly like Leif.

It's neat how the PAL versions of smash has multiple languages. I really hope they bring back changing language options in game for both NA and PAL.

Edited by kingddd

Oi question to those who went to the Best Buy event...

Is Marth still voiced by Midorikawa? As in did they keep their JP voice for the English copy?

I mean I'm just curious since the Wii U's region locked and I'm not going to have enough income to get TWO Wii Us.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oi question to those who went to the Best Buy event...

Is Marth still voiced by Midorikawa? As in did they keep their JP voice for the English copy?

I mean I'm just curious since the Wii U's region locked and I'm not going to have enough income to get TWO Wii Us.

Yes. They're probably still looking for a English voice actor.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

If they are at all. They might just decide to keep him speaking in Japanese as tradition, or just simply out of laziness.

If they are at all. They might just decide to keep him speaking in Japanese as tradition, or just simply out of laziness.

I know it's not actually a big deal at all, but I think people are just used to bishounen Marth having that "Boku" voice aura.

I'm still miffed at Nintendo having region locks and love Sony for being region free, but what can I do?

There's no exploits yet for the Wii U to remove region locks.

I'm afraid I don't know much about stuff like Boku and whatnot.

If they did give Marth an English voice, who would you wanna see?

And no, I doubt they'll go with "Masked Marth" as the voice. XD

Ground combat feels faster especially the rolling, running and side dodging is much faster combat wise. Air combat feels like Brawl and it's a bit floaty. That's what I feel in the 4 mins of playing.

it was pretty much like brawl when I jumped. I didn't get as much momentum when I ran and jumped compared to melee unfortunately I haven't gotten enough time to play to judge it fully.

Mm. Doesn't sound terribly promising, but hopefully it was just your character, maybe it was difficult to judge or something. That's what I'm going to tell myself lol. ~3~

I didn't notice, at first glance it looked like the phazon suit to me. I hope that all her suit colourations from every game become alt colours for her though.

Yeah no the Dark Suit looks pretty much exactly the same as it did in Brawl. You can tell the Phazon Suit apart from the Dark Suit by its silver helmet. Incidentally, I think there are a bit too many suits for her to have an alt for each, though it might be nice to have the Light Suit this time around (though damned if I know which it would replace since all her other colors are references in themselves too).

I hope they're looking for an English voice for Marth. I want to actually understand what he says for once.

^

As of Shadow Dragon Marth has officially learned to speak English. Nothing against him or the Japanese language, but it's high time the game reflected the fact that Marth has been localized.

If he does get one, it'd better be good

If he does get an English one, I'm sure they'll up the quality standards to not disappoint the fans.

Though there will always be people that complain like me.

Because everything from the land of the rising sun is obviously better than everything else in 'merica.