SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

i was watching a zelda: wind waker let's play and now i'm starting to wonder...if toon link was in brawl and is confirmed for smash 4, why doesn't anyone talk about if "toon zelda" was in smash? wind waker has tetra who is a zelda but like not a clone. that would be such a great addition i think...am i alone in this?

Where she got her magic though, is never explained.

maybe it's the lumas?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was watching a zelda: wind waker let's play and now i'm starting to wonder...if toon link was in brawl and is confirmed for smash 4, why doesn't anyone talk about if "toon zelda" was in smash? wind waker has tetra who is a zelda but like not a clone. that would be such a great addition i think...am i alone in this?

There's code in Brawl suggesting Toon Zelda was going to be playable, so hey.

Ugh, this sucks.

I can't believe I'll be in school when the reveal happens. I'll be extremely disappointed if it's someone I don't want to get in (Toon Zelda, Chorus Men). I like Toon Zelda, but I just don't feel she's right for the game.

And although I don't believe in the Gematsu leak, I would like to back up my argument by saying she was NOT in the list of newcomers. But... anything could happen (and i hate that).

Edited by Carter

Wow, do you really hate Chrom that much?

Also, not wanting Gematsu means not wanting Shulk, which is saddening.

She never stated that, Shulk can be in the game even if the leak isn't true. Not wanting the leak to be true doesn't mean she hates all the characters included in the leak. I personally don't want the leak to be true because I don't care for Chrom and am indifferent about Chorus Men, but I like Shulk and I would like to see him in.

Edited by Knight

I feel the same way on this case as Ana, but not because I hate Chrom, seeing as I don't hate Chrom. I just don't want him to be the next FE rep.

I don't think Ana cares about Shulk either way. I think what she meant was that she doesn't want it to be a legitimate leak because that means Chrom will be in, but even if it's not legit, that doesn't mean Shulk won't be in.

Although I know nothing about Xenoblade (or Shulk for that matter), I would actually like for him to be the next newcomer.

Don't know why, but it just feels right. I like his design (which is pretty much the only reason I want him in, hahahaha). With Chorus Men, I actually feel it could go either way. Like in Brawl, the Animal Crossing series had a stage and assist trophy, but no one to represent the series as a fighter.

I remember someone posted a video with the Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run, but it could be the same scenario as Animal Crossing in Brawl.

I'd be fine with Chrom, but the main reason I don't want him is because he's the most obvious pick for a third FE rep. I'd love for Sakurai to throw us a curveball and put someone like Micaiah in, but alas, that likely isn't happening by now.

Biggest disappointment would be if the Gematsu leak is legit and there aren't any other characters after those three. I'm cool with Chrom, Shulk and even the Chorus Kids, but if there's no one after them... damn, Gematsu will probably regret leaking the roster.

I guess there's always DLC. I'd definitely pay for the Inkling from Splatoon.

I also think Chrom isn't a very exciting Fire Emblem rep and while I don't personally have anything against Chrous Boys, I'd rather the spot goes to someone like Isaac from Golden Sun, Isa from Sin & Punishment. or Takmaru so we can have an actual Nintendo Old School rep. We already have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager. Another non fighter gimmicky rep would kind of be over kill (that said I haven't played Rhythm Heaven but based on the name it seems like a Rhythm game).

I don't HATE Chrom. He's just my least favorite lord barring Micaiah and Lucina and there are lords/main characters that would be far more interesting newcomers than him, imo. Hector, Ephraim, Avatar/Robin, etc. They're far more interesting characters and would stand out more due to not using a sword and not having blue hair the case of Ephraim and Avatar/Robin (some say Ephraim's hair is still blue, but I think it's more green). Ephraim would be my pick for a newcomer, but I know he won't get in... It'll be an Awakening rep if anything, so that's why I settled for Avatar/Robin.

And I never said anything about Shulk. I know nothing about him, so why would I say I don't want him? If Gematsu happens to be wrong about Chrom, that doesn't mean Shulk won't be in. Chrom could be the only incorrect listing for all we know.

The main reason I see people not wanting Chrom is because of uniqueness, Chrom could very well be an original fun character but seeing as Sakurai butchers Fire Emblem a lot( WTF Colosseum, since when does Fire Emblem have complicated gear systems?!) he could simply make him a faster Ike or a slower Marth his sword-fighting style isn't equal to theirs but once again butchering Fire Emblem isn't a new thing( WTF what does Ike and Marth, especially Ike, have to do with Awakening outside of spotpass/ DLC/ stupid reference), I will not be satisfied if we get Chrom, mostly because I didn't like his game and even him, but having 3 Fire Emblem reps is pretty sweet, here hoping for Micaiah, Roy, or for a completely new character much like how Roy was in Melee before Binding Blade.

Chrom could very well be an original fun character

Every lord has the potential to be a fun and interesting character and Chrom is definitely the lowest of the low in that category. Maybe slightly higher than Alm.

( WTF what does Ike and Marth, especially Ike, have to do with Awakening outside of spotpass/ DLC/ stupid reference)

I don't think Sakurai is to blame for that. The Japanese Smash site has Marth and Ike's pages linking to New Mystery of the Emblem and Radiant Dawn, respectively.

But I do agree he has made some weird decisions on FE before. Like not giving Ike Ragnell's shockwave attack...

Every lord has the potential to be a fun and interesting character and Chrom is definitely the lowest of the low in that category. Maybe slightly higher than Alm.

Alm can still be a sword+ magic or axes guy because of the awakening Dlc, Chrom will just be another Bluesword unless he dualwields a brave lance or something.

Any character can be a unique addition, even Chrom.

Nearly everyone`s ideas for Rosalina were Peach or Zelda clones and we got... something we`ve never seen before in Smash Bros.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 14, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, July 14, 2014 - No reason given

Any character can be a unique addition, even Chrom. Nearly everyone`s ideas for Rosalina were Peach or Zelda clones and we got... something we`ve never seen before in Smash Bros.

If I could like posts here like on Smashboards I would

Breaking news!

Sal Romano, the Gematsu leaker, has posted that his leaker sent him another email about Monday`s character. The contents of the email are:

Enjoy my good friend shulk tomorrow

Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-character-to-be-shown-monday.360788/page-42#post-17056627

*crosses fingers* Shulk has visions of victory! Shulk has visions of victory! Shulk has visions of victory! (or something to that effect)

Edited by Konnor97

So excited to see Professor Layton's big reveal today!

If we really do get Shulk, I'm gonna be so peppy at work later that they're gonna think I'm on something.

Edited by Village King

If I could like posts here like on Smashboards I would

If I could delete pointless posts like this one I would.

Oh wait. I can.

Breaking news!

Sal Romano, the Gematsu leaker, has posted that his leaker sent him another email about Monday`s character. The contents of the email are:

Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-character-to-be-shown-monday.360788/page-42#post-17056627

Now I hope tomorrow's reveal isn't Shulk so that people might start to shut the fuck up about Gematsu.