SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

If you think about it in Fire Emblem terms, range is the one thing Ragnell has on Urvan since the latter has more accuracy and damage but is limited to one range. Maybe some kind of Quickdraw variation that doesn't move him as much but causes him to charge like a boss with a axe. Alternatively pull a Zelda and change his entire moveset to Urvan using Down B. Then we can have Ragnell Ike and Urvan Ike as seperate characters in Smash 5.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you played the original Smash Bros.? Link's boomerang in that game flew a lot like the magic boomerang. When it was spinning it was also blue in colour similar to the Magic Boomerang in the first game. What I also find odd here is that the Electric Boomerang is listed as his neutral special, I would expect it to be his side special like the Gale Booerang. I wonder if that's a mistake.

No, I never did play the first Smash Bros. So there's no way I would've known this. xP

If you think about it in Fire Emblem terms, range is the one thing Ragnell has on Urvan since the latter has more accuracy and damage but is limited to one range. Maybe some kind of Quickdraw variation that doesn't move him as much but causes him to charge like a boss with a axe. Alternatively pull a Zelda and change his entire moveset to Urvan using Down B. Then we can have Ragnell Ike and Urvan Ike as seperate characters in Smash 5.

Ragnell only had more "range" than Urvan because of its ranged attack. Which Ike doesn't get in Smash. I was talking about in terms of close up combat. Urvan appears to be a longer weapon that would have more reach when swung and all.

I want to see Urvan Aether.

Mario's Up specials are:

Normal

Explosive, which does more damage, but probably less range

And Super, which is higher range, but no damage. Better for recovery.

These are educated guesses, mind you.

I thought his normal up special was called the Super Jump Punch, but following the basic pattern of alternates, those makes sense.

Edited by Konnor97

No, I never did play the first Smash Bros. So there's no way I would've known this. xP

Ragnell only had more "range" than Urvan because of its ranged attack. Which Ike doesn't get in Smash. I was talking about in terms of close up combat. Urvan appears to be a longer weapon that would have more reach when swung and all.

I know what you meant, that's why I specified my comment in Fire Emblem terms. And in Smash from a gameplay perspective I think it would work better as shorter range but more powerful attack with good execution time. As for how that would work with it's canon size, from what we seen with Griel fighting the Black Knight, the Axe is meant to be held quite close to the head meaning despite it's huge length, it actually would only have the range of the axe head.

I know what you meant, that's why I specified my comment in Fire Emblem terms. And in Smash from a gameplay perspective I think it would work better as shorter range but more powerful attack with good execution time. As for how that would work with it's canon size, from what we seen with Griel fighting the Black Knight, the Axe is meant to be held quite close to the head meaning despite it's huge length, it actually would only have the range of the axe head.

Yeah, but Ike wields it with one hand and uses it just like he does Ragnell. Greil uses it with two hands (probably on account of his slashed sword arm).

This a million times. Brawl had too few FE trophies, imo, even for the series' popularity then. Awakening really boosted it now, so SSB4 needs to add a lot more. Come on, Sakurai, be smart here! D:

And they were just ripped from Radiant Dawn, rather than actual remodeled trophies like Tiki's in Smash 3DS.

Trophies in general have been mostly just featuring recent games, if I recall correctly. Look at Brawl and the Zelda series, they were exclusively just Twilight Princess/Wind Waker trophies. It wasn't that much difference in Melee where they were mostly from Majora/Ocarina with Marin throwed in there. I'd much prefer to see throw-ins like Marin (or in regards to Fire Emblem, characters like Sigurd, Peg Sisters, etc) from the older series instead of just featuring the most recent games with 10% or so trophies dedicated to older ones.

Oh yeah, that is neat! I never had an original Gameboy, but my step brothers did and I used to watch them play it.

I was just saying that Sakurai needed to represent more of the old Nintendo stuff and he seems to be doing that!

You're awesome, Sakurai. ^^

Anyone remember how you could change the screen color of classic Game Boy games?(At least on the GameBoy Color) I hope you can somehow do that here.

Yeah, but Ike wields it with one hand and uses it just like he does Ragnell. Greil uses it with two hands (probably on account of his slashed sword arm).

I imagine that's because they use the same axe animation for every axe he uses and just swap out the models. It's clear that the intended use of the weapon is to be as it's presented in the fmv. Sure Ike uses the two handed Ragnell with one handed but it's a different situation with Urvan. All the weight is at the very head of the axe where's Ragnell probably has equal weight all the way along. Using Urvan with one hand would definitely upset the balance. Of course that's all unimportant since I'm thinking more in terms of what would make an effective attack to compliment Ike's Smash Bros. moveset. He already has very good reach with Ragnell. A stronger but riskier attack would work better than an even longer attack that doesn't do much damage as a result.

I'm thinking something like Flatzone, it'll scroll between various gameboy games.

Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Game and Watch Gallery, Wario Land, Tetris oh please let it be one of these.

It bugs me that even though the characters' colors are mostly flushed out, Dedede's hammer still has the light-brownish coloring, making it look out of place.

Ok...I can see how people think Palutena will be OP now. When I was reading that translation, it seems she's gonna be one of those characters that is designed to be overpowered intentionally. All of her miracles have great advantages without a drawback, unlike most other custom moves I've seen.

EDIT: I now know which character to blame if custom movesets are banned Day 1 in Smash 4 offline tournaments.

Edited by PKgone