SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was talking about ike. HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK I DOUBT PINK FALCON. THAT'S ALSO YOU DOUBTING HIM, SINCE YOU THINK OTHERS DOUBTING HIM IS POSSIBLE. okay i'll be quiet now

OK I repent my sins and will watch the clip of cpt falcon dying in the cpt falcon anime 100 times in order to reinforce the drastic consequences my lack of faith might have.

I am quite happy with what we have here. I especially like the Eliwood Marth pallette, and since Greil is one of my favorite PoR characters, I like that too. Not as much as Oven Mitts Pac-Man, though. Speaking of which, this thread is starting to have some *sunglasses* heated discussios.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I still don't see the Eliwood in it, but ehhhhh, I'm still content and pleased with what we have. The white looks much better this time around and that was my fav one, when I'm not default.

pg731

I hope Falco and Wolf (if he's returning) have new FSs too. Three Landmasters was just boring and lazy. And as Falco himself says, he prefers the air. He needs an aerial FS. :P

Arwing.

we already got Link in Palutena's trailer.

Yeah, I suppose that's true.

This is the biggest reason Smash needs to stick around and why I think Sakurai would never abandon it. He knows full well that it's a game nearly every Nintendo fan can enjoy because it brings everyone's favorite series and many fan favorite characters together. Sure, there will always be a few peeps that don't like the character choices or something, but you can't please everyone.

He's trying his best to stay alive in the buisness. lol
Probably after another 3 smash games, he will retire.
6/7 years upon averfage for a new game and he's somewhat in his 40's now. 18 years had another three years and he then has to retire.

Demo for NA and Eu to be announced essentially

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoKKdX37A

Thank you for this news.
I have a Jap 3DS. Downloading.
TjhUbG.gif
Ho. Ho. Ho.

Japan's getting the full game in three days, I think, so we'll be finding out lots of stuff real soon anyway. :P

But geez, the closer we get to ANY release date, the harder it seems to be to wait...

It's killing me already which is why that I've downloaded the demo and played it. ^.^

"Hi, folks! Billy Maes here! Showing you Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! It's a fast paced fighting game, starring your favorite characters. Mario? We've got him! Link? Have some weapons! Pikachu? Shock your competition! And this time, we have two new very famous additions: Maga Man and Pac-Man! They're very crisp and clean! But wait, there's more! When your order today, we'll throw in free DLC! Three new maps, three new characters, and a Vanguard Ike model swap! Order yours today!"

Aren't there two pics left since the game comes out in Japan on Saturday? Either way, it'll probably be something referencing the release.

Well, he's asking what the last one will be, not what the NEXT one will be. ;-)

Ah, yes, but I'd also add model swaps for the other FE reps (yes, including Lucina) so it doesn't feel like they were left in the dust. Robin and Lucina would get Grandmaster and Great Lord, respectively, and Marth would get...I guess his original Smash look? I'm not sure since he never had a promoted class, poor guy. >_<

Wow, these costumes look awesome, some character's costumes are better than others, but that's like natural. Can't wait to try chars with their costumes, but none can surpass the might of the MONADO!

I really want a demo for America, getting used to the game and such, and trying the available characters.

[spoiler=some salt]Palutena has 3 pages (excluding mii fighters)

######BIASBIASBIAS lawl :awesome:

Wow, these costumes look awesome, some character's costumes are better than others, but that's like natural. Can't wait to try chars with their costumes, but none can surpass the might of the MONADO!

I really want a demo for America, getting used to the game and such, and trying the available characters.

[spoiler=some salt]Palutena has 3 pages (excluding mii fighters)

######BIASBIASBIAS lawl :awesome:

A demo would be really nice. I'd like to get used to the current 3ds' lack of a C-Stick, because I've always used the C-Stick for Aerial attacks and such. A world wide release would be the best though.

I like the palette swaps for the most part. They're diverse and cool-looking, and the few actual alts we got are great. I also love how Lucina got to represent other characters in FE:A. Totally maining Tharja!Lucina.

My only real problem with the color swaps is the fact there's no Shiny Lucario. Charizard and Greninja got actual recolors for some of their swaps, so why Lucario is limited to different shades of blue? This may have been a Game Freak mandated thing, but if it was, why not make a yellow Lucario that actually represents a canonical color change?

It really does look great. I do feel it works better on the XL considering I tried it out at the best buy demo and the circle pad just feels right for the those big excessive abuse of the smash attacks. I think the XL is gonna work out well on that system.

It's also scaring me a bit since I have the original 3DS and I expect myself to break that circle pad.

That concerns me which is why that using the Joystick is recommended.

I dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but one of Bowser's alts looks like King Koopa from the old Super Mario cartoon. I mean, he isn't wearing a crown and he still has his hair and stuff, but it still resembles King Koopa.

Pretty sure that was the one I called "Teenage Mutant Ninja Bowser". I knew I was remembering his design from some old cartoon, but my memory got mixed up as to which one.

What do you guys think the final 3DS POTD will be?

I assume a picture of the starting CSS will be one of them. Brawl had an update showing the starting CSS right before release. Then probably a few pics of final destination another day. Those are my guesses.