SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Man, it feels like everyone in For Glory is Little Mac, Sheik, Greninja, or Shulk.

It's kinda lonely being the only Dedede player online.

After beating some randomer's Greninja 3 times in a row with 3 different fighters, I thought "fuck it" and left.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 7000ft

This perhaps may be the utmost best record that I've ever seen since I could never go beyond 700 ft. I must stop using the Home Run Bat so much.

Edited by PuffPuff

if you guys play for glory mode you play better players, or at least that is happening with me. And you see a lot of variance of characters. I think I've fought like 1 shiek out of over 200 matches (1v1). A decent amount of lil mac's though, but he is really fun so and he is really easy to kill so yeah. There are obviously some more popular choices. Also if you are against someone really bad you can just leave the room and search for someone else.

if you guys play for glory mode you play better players, or at least that is happening with me. And you see a lot of variance of characters. I think I've fought like 1 shiek out of over 200 matches (1v1). A decent amount of lil mac's though, but he is really fun so and he is really easy to kill so yeah. There are obviously some more popular choices. Also if you are against someone really bad you can just leave the room and search for someone else.

...And to get banned from Nintendo from doing so since this is against their regulations.

Doing some Smash Run in an attempt to get two things I really want: the Daisy wig and the one Ike move I'm missing in his custom set (Aether Drive). In the first go, I got an Ike move, but it was the wrong one, gah. But guess what? I DID get Daisy's wig in it! lol wow. But now my Daisy Mii is really a Daisy Mii. ^^

Doing some Smash Run in an attempt to get two things I really want: the Daisy wig and the one Ike move I'm missing in his custom set (Aether Drive). In the first go, I got an Ike move, but it was the wrong one, gah. But guess what? I DID get Daisy's wig in it! lol wow. But now my Daisy Mii is really a Daisy Mii. ^^

Isn't that a coincidence! In my recent Smash Run attempts, I got Peach's wig instead!

Oh well. Seems that I'll have to continuously do Smash Run until I'll win with all of the characters. And Target Blast. And Classic. And All-Star.

Isn't that a coincidence! In my recent Smash Run attempts, I got Peach's wig instead!

Oh well. Seems that I'll have to continuously do Smash Run until I'll win with all of the characters. And Target Blast. And Classic. And All-Star.

There's a Peach wig too? Geez, that's a little too much, imo. :/ There's already a Zelda wig and Daisy wig and a generic princess wig. We didn't need that many princess wigs. Besides, what about just a crown that doesn't have hair with it? That'd work for any Mii that wants to look royal, but not like one of the princesses. I could sure use it for my Apricot Mii since the character he's based off of is a prince (and a Mario style one at that).

And yeah, it's kind of ridiculous how many challenges require you to use every character in a certain mode. That just takes forever with this game's huge cast.

Edited by Anacybele

There's a Peach wig too? Geez, that's a little too much, imo. :/ There's already a Zelda wig and Daisy wig and a generic princess wig. We didn't need that many princess wigs. Besides, what about just a crown that doesn't have hair with it? That'd work for any Mii that wants to look royal, but not like one of the princesses. I could sure use it for my Apricot Mii since the character he's based off of is a prince (and a Mario style one at that).

And yeah, it's kind of ridiculous how many challenges require you to use every character in a certain mode. That just takes forever with this game's huge cast.

There is a crown for headgear. You get it in a challenge (Play the game for 20 hours).

Those are things that are meant to make the game last. I'm sure a couple of years from now everyone who regularly plays the game will have those challenges.

There is a crown for headgear. You get it in a challenge (Play the game for 20 hours).

Those are things that are meant to make the game last. I'm sure a couple of years from now everyone who regularly plays the game will have those challenges.

That's not a crown that has no hair. That's the generic princess's crown.

I doubt it with the Wii U version coming out soonish. Some people will probably play the 3DS version way less after that.

Edited by Anacybele

That's not a crown that has no hair. That's the generic princess's crown.

I doubt it with the Wii U version coming out soonish. Some people will probably play the 3DS version way less after that.

Oh, you're right. But for the record, there is a crown with no hair. I have one right below the Princess Crown.

Hence why I said "everyone who regularly plays the game". Smash 3DS already sold nearly 3 millions units worldwide, and that's probably more of what Smash Wii U will sell these holidays, so there will still be a lot of people with the 3DS version but not the Wii U version.

What crown is that?

I wouldn't count my eggs before they hatch just yet. No one can guess how many people will be buying a Wii U for Smash or how good the exclusive modes there will be.

What crown is that?

I wouldn't count my eggs before they hatch just yet. No one can guess how many people will be buying a Wii U for Smash or how good the exclusive modes there will be.

Master Gardener crown. It's like a big crown made of ice.

No one can guess, sure, but it's safe to say it won't reach the userbase of the 3DS. Mario Kart 8 didn't give the Wii U the boost most expected, and MK is a bigger system seller than SSB.

EDIT: Huh, there is a generic crown with no hair to obtain, but that one is also a challenge (Clear All-Star with all characters).

Edited by Jave

Oh, the Master Gardener crown I do have, but it's ugly and isn't anything like the crown my character wears. But it figures that one of those "clear x mode with all characters" challenges would net you a crown.

No one can guess, sure, but it's safe to say it won't reach the userbase of the 3DS. Mario Kart 8 didn't give the Wii U the boost most expected, and MK is a bigger system seller than SSB.

Are you sure about that? Mario Kart Wii sold more than Brawl, but that was likely due to it being a more casual game on a more casual console. SSB is a series fans are more likely to buy an entire console for.

I got the mage robe finally, so I put it on my Vaati Mii. Now he looks like Vaati. ^^

I also got a bear hat. I'm gonna put that on Frederick Mii because FREDDY BEAR. :D lol

Edited by Anacybele

Lol, I cleared the first page of challenges without using any of the hammers hoping to save them for later. Turns out you can't use them off the page you obtained them, so now I have 3 hammers kinda wasted.

On the plus side, when page 2 unlocked, 16/35 of the challenges had already been completed. Now I know not to let the hammers go to waste.

Maybe Sakurai wants us to try out all the characters?

I didn't say it's a bad thing. In some games yes, but not in a game like Smash.

Edited by Raven

Lol, I cleared the first page of challenges without using any of the hammers hoping to save them for later. Turns out you can't use them off the page you obtained them, so now I have 3 hammers kinda wasted.

On the plus side, when page 2 unlocked, 16/35 of the challenges had already been completed. Now I know not to let the hammers go to waste.

But wouldn't it be more satisfying to get all the challenges without using the hammer?

But wouldn't it be more satisfying to get all the challenges without using the hammer?

Yes. I suppose the hammer is available as a last resort, but people can and probably will decide against using them.

As for myself, I would like to see how much I can do before I resort to using the hammers.