SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm still getting used to grabbing out of shield.

But grab has only been on the right (by default), and the 3DS only has one trigger on each side.

I still mix up the grab and shield button. Then again, I rarely use either of them.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the most idiotic question I could ask, but...what are "Smash Run Powers"? One of the challenges is to get 25 of them. I have yet to find out what they are. Also, any tips for Smash Run? I've basically been running around the map, defeating enemies, going into doors and completing the mini-challenges when I encounter them, and getting the chests when I encounter those. That's about it, right?

After choosing Smash Run from the main menu, go to "Custom" and you can set up custom characters with the Smash Run powers you've obtained. They're the yellow bags with the question mark on them, as seen: 7oPlIe2.jpg

Or you can make a Streetpass relay in your home called "Homepass".

Also, while I might sound elitist... am I the only one that gets slightly annoyed by that "stage" people go through of spamming rolls thinking they're safe?

No wai. Im getting tired of that and the "Camp, spam special, roll, repeat" strategy. Its just...dull. :/ Ive always rolled to dodge junk so if im rolling, its evasion. Then i'll try to get into the fray again. B:

Dude's gotta point.

ikr?

I love metor smashing. How about you guys?

I was a huge fan of meteor smashing in Melee, so yes im ok with it. A lot of my airgame involves that.

I don't follow this thread that much anymore... but here's some flame bait from Sakurai himself if anyone's still on that subject...

"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”

Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped."

Shots fired.

And i love Sakurai for it. Cuz dude really does have a point.

Out of curiosity, do people here jump with the anolog stick or with the X and Y buttons? I use the buttons.

I use the Y button on Smash run, but tap-jump during most matches.

Awkward Zombie delivers.

f82.png

This is fantastic.

Yeah, Palutena's trailer was quite misleading, at least in regards to her potential.

I disagree. I think Palutena just has one hell of a learning curve. She reminds me a bit of Mewtwo.

I disagree. I think Palutena just has one hell of a learning curve. She reminds me a bit of Mewtwo.

mewtwo is actually pretty bad, though...

Mewtwo was gr9 in the hands of someone who knew how to use him. Dunno what yer on about. Did you not know how to Mewtwo?

anybody can be great if in the hands of a good player. it doesn't change the fact that he's not a good character. for the record, i do know how mewtwo should be used.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC)

anybody can be great if in the hands of a good player. it doesn't change the fact that he's not a good character. for the record, i do know how mewtwo should be used.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBM_tier_lists_(NTSC)

It's worth noting that I think the most notable Melee Mewtwo player (Taj) usually switches to Marth after a ccertain point in most Melee tournaments, IIRC.

Mewtwo was gr9 in the hands of someone who knew how to use him. Dunno what yer on about. Did you not know how to Mewtwo?

Mew2King, one of the best smashers in the world and possibly the best Mewtwo user in the world (by default), specifically noted that he could finally use Mewtwo competitively in Project M because he was "no longer a shit character."

Any character can win in the hands of someone who can really use them well and is good at predicting, but that doesn't make them a good character.

Mew2King, one of the best smashers in the world and possibly the best Mewtwo user in the world (by default), specifically noted that he could finally use Mewtwo competitively in Project M because he was "no longer a shit character."

Any character can win in the hands of someone who can really use them well and is good at predicting, but that doesn't make them a good character.

So in order to be a good character, anyone could use them and win?

What?

I didn't word it best but, you said any character can win in the hands of someone who can really use them well and is good at predicting, but that doesn't make them a good character. So I asked then what makes a good character? Someone who can win with that character a lot? I'm just curious.

If Mewtwo was so shit, why were people clamoring for him to come back?

Maybe because people like the character for reasons other than his tier placement and/or were hoping for him to not be shit this time around?

It's not that hard to figure out.

Roy is generally considered shit too but people love him. Doesn't have to be a good character to have a big fanbase. I know people who want PICHU back of all characters, because they want another cute Pokemon... but I hated Pichu as a Smash character.

idk

Mewtwo is popular Pokemon among poke fan's

And is probably one of the cases of dudes like using a certain character regardless tier placement

Come on, every body here has that one character they love using regardless of tier placement

Because Mewtwo is one of the more popular Pokemon in general, it has nothing to do with his fighting ability in Smash.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Shulk

Most people who want Mewtwo back also want him buffed (I know I do, at least). We liked his playstyle in Melee (and like him as a representative of Pokemon) but think that some serious tweaks need to be made to make him more viable.

A lot of people would probably rather see a bad character return than a good character. If a character is bad then it means something is wrong with that character's balancing against the cast which in turn means the character has more potential. While a good character mean we've already seen the character before. We're not going to be missing much if they don't come back because they've already realized their potential as a fighter. Generally speaking of course. Exactly who the character is and what they can do is more important.

Most people who want Mewtwo back also want him buffed (I know I do, at least). We liked his playstyle in Melee (and like him as a representative of Pokemon) but think that some serious tweaks need to be made to make him more viable.

Yeah. Mewtwo was way too light for his size, and the range on most of his attacks were awful. Most of them were pretty weak as well.

A lot of people would probably rather see a bad character return than a good character. If a character is bad then it means something is wrong with that character's balancing against the cast which in turn means the character has more potential. While a good character mean we've already seen the character before. We're not going to be missing much if they don't come back because they've already realized their potential as a fighter. Generally speaking of course. Exactly who the character is and what they can do is more important.

I disagree. Most people want to see everyone return regardless of how bad or good they are. People would go absolutely crazy if say, Fox or Captain Falcon were removed in the transition to Brawl, but no one cared about Pichu. Almost everyone I know would rather have had Snake back in Smash 4 than Ganondorf, as all Ganondorf amounts to is being a worse Captain Falcon while Snake was actually really good.

Edited by Shulk

I didn't word it best but, you said any character can win in the hands of someone who can really use them well and is good at predicting, but that doesn't make them a good character. So I asked then what makes a good character? Someone who can win with that character a lot? I'm just curious.

A good character is one who gives any user an advantage over other characters. In practice, this means a good character would allow a player to beat an opponent of equal or greater skill and knowledge. As Red Fox said, an amazing player using Mewtwo could win against a bad Marth player, but when played by people of equal skill, Marth will almost always beat Mewtwo.

A good character is one who gives any user an advantage over other characters. In practice, this means a good character would allow a player to beat an opponent of equal or greater skill and knowledge. As Red Fox said, an amazing player using Mewtwo could win against a bad Marth player, but when played by people of equal skill, Marth will almost always beat Mewtwo.

I see. Thank you.

Edit: Is Shin's mom DLC? I can't seem to unlock her.

Edited by Ace Gamer