SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came up with a caption for that shot in seconds....lol

Zelda: Hey Ganondorf! Want to take a break from evil scheming and join us? We're going to watch Ike spar with Marth and Robin and then lift both of them on his shoulders AT THE SAME TIME! I'm cheering for him because he's so strong and handsome!

Ganondorf: ...Zelda, I hate Ike, remember? No.

Zelda: Oh come on! You might grow to like him more! And Link and Sheik brought popcorn and tea!

Ganondorf: Ugh. For the last time, I will not watch a goody-good musclehead with a bigger sword than me!

Link: Just let him go, Zel, he's jealous because Ike always kicked his arse.

Ganondorf: LIES! Th-That is NOT true!

(referencing that even Ike trumped Ganny on the Brawl tier list... lol)

Edited by Anacybele

Lets go children we must destroy the world together.

screen-7.jpg

Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

It's probably coincidence. But still, that's pretty awesome

Not a fan of Ganondorf's appearance this game; his face model is very... clay-like

I came up with a caption for that shot in seconds....lol

Zelda: Hey Ganondorf! Want to take a break from evil scheming and join us? We're going to watch Ike spar with Marth and Robin and then lift both of them on his shoulders AT THE SAME TIME! I'm cheering for him because he's so strong and handsome!

Ganondorf: ...Zelda, I hate Ike, remember? No.

Zelda: Oh come on! You might grow to like him more! And Link and Sheik brought popcorn and tea!

Ganondorf: Ugh. For the last time, I will not watch a goody-good musclehead with a bigger sword than me!

Link: HYAH! AAAAH! YAAAAAAH!

Ganondorf: LIES! Th-That is NOT true!

(referencing that even Ike trumped Ganny on the Brawl tier list... lol)

There, I fixed that for you.

I...don't see the connection aside from four people going across a street...

It's the album cover for The Beatles' 11th album, called Abbey Road, and is one of, if not the most recognisable album cover in the world. I noticed the two pictures had similarities

Edited by Dusk Hunt Dodge

That album cover has been parodied to hell and back, but if Sakurai was going for a reference, I think he would have used four characters of more similar heights.

EDIT: Lol Sakruai.

EDIT2: When making fun of my mistake I made another mistake in which I accidentally spelled the name correctly, go me.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

That album cover has been parodied to hell and back, but if Sakruai was going for a reference, I think he would have used four characters of more similar heights.

Heading in the same direction would also be a likely if parody was the intent.

Anyone else wonder if Ike's Tempest version of Eruption is intentionally named after the Tempest Blade from Radiant Dawn? I think if they were going for a reference calling it Wind Edge might have been a bit better but maybe they just wanted something that sounds cooler. Or there's no connection at all and it's just a coincidence.

I was thinking that it's either that or a reference to Hurricane Ike, which hit the gulf coast of the US in 08. The word tempest actually means "storm." But wouldn't be surprised if it was supposed to reference both! I mean, it's a two in one deal there!

I was thinking that it's either that or a reference to Hurricane Ike, which hit the gulf coast of the US in 08. The word tempest actually means "storm." But wouldn't be surprised if it was supposed to reference both! I mean, it's a two in one deal there!

Some how I doubt it. Hurricane Ike wasn't a particularly world shattering storm. I'm sure it's big news along the gulf coast of the US but I didn't even know about it until I saw the Ike memes. I doubt developers particularly cared about the storm or what people were calling it. Of course it is a whole new can of meme worms just waiting to be open.

Since I can't find any videos of Ike's custom moves, what changes do they have?

A wind based Eruption that repels enemies (the one we're talking about here), a more powerful version of eruption that deals more recoil, a version of quick draw that always passes through enemies like the original critical hit animation, a more powerful version of quickdraw that has less distance, a version of Aether that goes at a sharp diagonal angle, a version of Aether that has a shockwave at the end like his ranged attacks in game, a counter that paralyzes enemies (very briefly) and finally a counter that deals more damage but with less chance of hitting. Ganondorf and Ike are the only two characters I've got all the custom moves for. I'm working on Zelda next.

Edited by Jotari

Some how I doubt it. Hurricane Ike wasn't a particularly world shattering storm. I'm sure it's big news along the gulf coast of the US but I didn't even know about it until I saw the Ike memes. I doubt developers particularly cared about the storm or what people were calling it. Of course it is a whole new can of meme worms just waiting to be open.

Yeah, but that hurricane did make some history. It was the largest storm ever to hit the US coast. It was MASSIVE. And as you said, it opened up a big can of meme worms. They're all on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the localization team saw one. lol

Yeah, but that hurricane did make some history. It was the largest storm ever to hit the US coast. It was MASSIVE. And as you said, it opened up a big can of meme worms. They're all on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the localization team saw one. lol

Really, it was worse than Katrina? Huh, I guess it's all about where it hits and not what it hits with.

A wind based Eruption that repels enemies (the one we're talking about here), a more powerful version of eruption that deals more recoil, a version of quick draw that always passes through enemies like the original critical hit animation, a more powerful version of quickdraw that has less distance, a version of Aether that goes at a sharp diagonal angle, a version of Aether that has a shockwave at the end like his ranged attacks in game, a counter that paralyzes enemies (very briefly) and finally a counter that deals more damage but with less chance of hitting. Ganondorf and Ike are the only two characters I've got all the custom moves for. I'm working on Zelda next.

Ok, thanks. I've only unlocked the alternate Aether's for Ike.