SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Nope, unfortunately the best thing you can do is just Smash Run over and over again.

I managed to get them all while I was getting custom moves at the same time (it helps that I'd already done the "get first in Smash Run wth every character" challenge, too.)

And I'm sorry to say that that's not even the worst challenge to complete.

I'm sitting at 103/105 with the 50 hour one (not hard, just tedious) and the collect all custom moves, outfits and headgear one.

I have all the moves and outfits, but headgear is a huge pain. They're ridiculously rare and even when you do get one or two, they are most likely duplicates. It doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be a complete list of headgear anywhere.

I think/hope the only headgear I have left is the one from completing the Smash Run powers challenge since I haven't gotten a new one in a week, but I'll have to wait and see.

I do remember seeing a tip that suggested getting a higher score in Smash Run gives better rewards, though I don't feel like that tends to help me a lot since I consistently get over 100k. In any case, I did just get a new Smash Run power and Sonic custom special in one run, and the score was my best with Zelda yet, so...

Yes, Play Time is not what's counted.

Confusing, I know.

Wait, what? What is counted, then?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panel three won't be unlocked immediately after finishing panel one, but you will get it before completing panel two. I don't know the exact conditions to unlock it. I can assure you, I have both panel two and three available on my game and finished neither of them.

It looks like it'll happen after finishing most of the panel and not have to fulfill the conditions that not all of us can do. -.-

I have the EU version, and you can pick up 3 hammers in each panel and use them in the panel you unlocked them.

I completed about 15-20 tiles on panel 2 (can't remember how many exactly), then panel 3 automatically opened even though I still had panel 2 incomplete.

If you haven't noticed yet, panels covered with a lighter shade of blue are the ones that contain hammers for you to use. On the top screen you should see a silhouette of a hammer, too.

Well...

*Giggle*

One of my hammers there will have to get used on the 5 Streetpass smash hits since I only could get two hits. One for myself and with brother. :D

The hit count does decrease, but the data is still in the records section. Already Meloetta unlocked. Played 8 hrs already. 20hrs should be easy. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

I think/hope the only headgear I have left is the one from completing the Smash Run powers challenge since I haven't gotten a new one in a week, but I'll have to wait and see.

I do remember seeing a tip that suggested getting a higher score in Smash Run gives better rewards, though I don't feel like that tends to help me a lot since I consistently get over 100k. In any case, I did just get a new Smash Run power and Sonic custom special in one run, and the score was my best with Zelda yet, so...

There are at least 58 headgear. If you really do have all but one of them, you are extremely lucky!

Wait, what? What is counted, then?

I'm not quite sure.

Maybe Smash Play Time and Group Play Time combined? Or Play Time With Anyone/With Friends combined?

All I know is that it is definitely not Play Time.

Of course, doing 10 hour matches like Dai will at least get you there pretty quickly, no matter what your actual time is at.

Well...

*Giggle*

One of my hammers there will have to get used on the 5 Streetpass smash hits since I only could get two hits. One for myself and with brother. :D

The hit count does decrease, but the data is still in the records section. Already Meloetta unlocked. Played 8 hrs already. 20hrs should be easy. :D

Apparently, getting the same streetpass 5 times will also work. But I don't get any streetpasses where I live, so I went and used a hammer on it. No big deal though.

I think, when they made the 50 hours playtime achievement, they didn't have in mind that people should leave their game on overnight to get it.

I think, when they made the 50 hours playtime achievement, they didn't have in mind that people should leave their game on overnight to get it.

The problem I have is that I was repeatedly told that it didn't matter how many non-human players there were. The time was multiplied by the number of players. So at twenty hours of normal play time, I should have about eighty, due to the fact that I had a player character and three CPUs. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's kind of a BS challenge in the first place considering this is the 3DS, aka "more personal," version. At least 1000 KOs can be ground out reasonably. 50 hours is just dumb.

It's been two weeks since the game was released. At least I know that I'll be playing it for the next few years. To me, Smash isn't something that you play through and then never touch again.

50 is a real grindfest, but not impossible. It will just take a long time. I don't even have 10 hours unlocked yet.

The x hours only counts while the battles go which should be easy by doing an endless timing match by having all 4 difficulty 7+ comps duke it out overnight while you sleep. Makes Mewtwo easy to get in Melee this way (...Or with a 1 stock match and dying right when the match begins.)

It's been two weeks since the game was released. At least I know that I'll be playing it for the next few years. To me, Smash isn't something that you play through and then never touch again.

Having Mii creation now makes the replay value kinda eternal.

Edited by PuffPuff

The x hours only counts while the battles go which should be easy by doing an endless timing match by having all 4 difficulty 7+ comps duke it out overnight while you sleep. Makes Mewtwo easy to get in Melee this way.

Another problem is that the matches actually need to be completed, I believe. 'Cuz I've had five ten-hour matches, but they don't count because some of them I quit halfway through to do something else. (They were set to go for like a whole day.)

xrRUNH.jpg

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_challenges_(SSB4-3DS)

Just found out here that you can unlock the third panel by completing 25 out of the 35 challenges in it!

Edited by PuffPuff

There are some questions to ask...

I've just unwrapped the English game today and have finished panel one. But I cannot do panel 3. Jave said that you could do both after panel 1, but that is incorrect, you can't. I've had a hit, but it got erased when I've defeated the token in Street Smash. So...keep this in mind if your trying to fulfill this quota (5 Streetpass Smash hits). You also cannot use hammers that you've got on one panel to another. I've unlocked 10-15 panels already in Panel 2 and still didn't receive a hammer. (It looks like you can't get more than 3 in one panel) ...And if you can't get 5 streetpass smash hits, you screwed...eternally stuck in panel 2.

-Without fulfilling the Streetpass quotas, your screwed.

-Isn't this a little too harsh especially for little children to do? Not being able to get certain stuff until your at another panel since you only can do one at a time.

-Why can't you do Panel 3 after 1?

Stop lying. That's not what I said.

I said you don't have to finish Panel 2 to unlock Panel 3. There's a difference.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00DD0B0BM/

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

accidental leak in the product description?

-

Also, I tried posting just the picture, but it kept telling me I wasn't allowed...

That particular filetype extension isn't supported by SF.

I took a screenshot of it though

a4819028ab9769be6c8eb1ba158b402c.png

Yes! I'm so glad Stage Builder is back.

I hope they patched up all the possible exploits. Because it would be HILARIOUS If the Wii U security ends up getting broken wide open by ANOTHER Smash game like the Wii.

Edited by shadowofchaos