SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That is how that I cleared that challenge (1000+ Boxes) as well as the Master Core one which is a battle to see...(Didn't get spoiled of it either. It felt great! :D)

Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2j1d01/mii_headgear_and_outfits/

Found out here that there are about 53/59 hats and it is such a chore to collect them. -.-

When you likely get to 45, you'll likely not find another hat. The easiest way should be through Trophy Rush/Smash Run...I suppose and some are guaranteed to get as they are only unlocked in challenges. My hat count at the moment is *sigh* about 40 in Jap and 20 in Eng. What's yours?

Edited by PuffPuff

Man, no Ike headband. That'd be cool to add to that list. I mean, Ike's headband is so sexy and I could use it to make a Mii of the son I created for him. xP But I suppose it could still happen if DLC becomes a thing. Marth's tiara would be funny too. lol

Looking at my milestones, I have at least 20 headgear items. I thought I had fifty, but I must've been thinking of a different milestone. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Well...*Giggle* either way...

By the time that we get most of these hats/other unlockables, the other Smash game will be out!

Edited by PuffPuff

Anyone have any advice on approaching Rosalina? She's probably one of the most difficult characters to deal with considering how fast, Luma spawns back when you do kill it and her normal attacks have a pretty big range. Pretty damn hard to approach in 1 on 1.

As a Fox main, fast fall n-airs work for me. Most of the time. I think you just need to move a lot, since Luma's movement options are quite restricted when separated

Anyone have any advice on approaching Rosalina? She's probably one of the most difficult characters to deal with considering how fast, Luma spawns back when you do kill it and her normal attacks have a pretty big range. Pretty damn hard to approach in 1 on 1.

If you have a fast character like Falcon, you may be able to dash in and grab/F throw Rosalina away from Luma and then just smash Luma away with a side-smash, or just spike Rosalina if the timing is right.

If you have AoE attacks like Link's bombs, or strong attacks that cover a good chunk of area, you may be able to just strike Luma away with brute force; I can do this with Link's double Side-Smash, although it does leave me open afterwards.

You can also just use spacing and use moves that have great knockback, like Falcon's down tilt and Ganon's side tilt; If you can get Luma tumbling while there's no stage below it, it's instantly dead. Rosalina can't call it back while it's tumbling.

If you have a fast character like Falcon, you may be able to dash in and grab/F throw Rosalina away from Luma and then just smash Luma away with a side-smash, or just spike Rosalina if the timing is right.

If you have AoE attacks like Link's bombs, or strong attacks that cover a good chunk of area, you may be able to just strike Luma away with brute force; I can do this with Link's double Side-Smash, although it does leave me open afterwards.

You can also just use spacing and use moves that have great knockback, like Falcon's down tilt and Ganon's side tilt; If you can get Luma tumbling while there's no stage below it, it's instantly dead. Rosalina can't call it back while it's tumbling.

I'll definitely have to consider using down tilts more. It seems to be the only type of moves I don't use very often.

Also this made me laugh more than it should have:

Rbz8E7G.png

Edited by kingddd

I'll definitely have to consider using down tilts more. It seems to be the only type of moves I don't use very often.

Also this made me laugh more than it should have:

Rbz8E7G.png

Yeah, in this game, Smashes a lot more punishable than before, so using tilts are a much better option than smashes a lot of times. Not to mention, a lot of power character's strong tilt moves kill at around 130 - 140%, like DK's uptilt, and Falcon's down tilt. Link's side and up tilts are deadly as well.

and lol nerfed metaknight x3

[spoiler=and here's something for you too]

Edited by John the Tactician

lol that was weird. :P

But tilts are more effective than smash attacks now? Maybe that's the problem I'm having with Ike. his smashes are really powerful, but easily punishable. His tilts are a bit quicker, though weaker. I should use his tilts more. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

lol that was weird. :P

But tilts are more effective than smash attacks now? Maybe that's the problem I'm having with Ike. his smashes are really powerful, but easily punishable. His tilts are a bit quicker, though weaker. I should use his tilts more. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

very weird ^^;

Smashes in this game require much more reading than before, and are easily punishable by quick move or grabs, so yeah.

i have never done a tilt before

no really, i can't figure it out.

I don't get my copy until 10/24-10/31 when it ships, but just in Brawl, I can't do them, even with a GCN controller.

but on another note, i did get theatrhythm final fantasy curtain call today as well as the last copy so

i have never done a tilt before

no really, i can't figure it out.

I don't get my copy until 10/24-10/31 when it ships, but just in Brawl, I can't do them, even with a GCN controller.

but on another note, i did get theatrhythm final fantasy curtain call today as well as the last copy so

you just move the stick enough to walk and not run, then attack. It's that simple.

Finally got all the Smash Run powers. I was on one left for about ten Smash Runs before I finally got the damn thing. I think the only enemy I haven't killed in Smash Run is the flying rock snake thing, and only because it runs away. I have, however, killed it when defeating enemies in the post-run battle.

Now for custom parts and 50 hours. I got the message for all the outfits, so those are done. I've gotten the message for 300 custom specials and there are 376 in total, so I'm not too far off from that. But unfortunately I only have 40 headgears and there are over 50, and I rarely get new ones even now...yeah, this could still take a while.

I think the only enemy I haven't killed in Smash Run is the flying rock snake thing, and only because it runs away. I have, however, killed it when defeating enemies in the post-run battle.

You can't beat the Lurchthorn? I've beaten it multiple times before. All you have to do is aim for the head and either:

A) Use Rage when you encounter it and have high damage.

Or

B) Use Devil's Pact as Lucario.

Both are pretty risky but the rewards are totally worth the trouble.

As for equipment and stuff, I only have 31 headgear items and haven't gotten another for days. I don't even know how many Smash Run powers are in this game, but now all the powers I get from Smash Run are repeats I already have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibM7eM_fYh4

This video helped out alot. I wanted to know every single hat in this game and what they look like. Already unlocked the King's Hat and gave it to Lucas. He looks so good in it. Remeber...Mother 3. Awesome Crown. The King's Hat looks exactly like it!

Finally got all the Smash Run powers. I was on one left for about ten Smash Runs before I finally got the damn thing. I think the only enemy I haven't killed in Smash Run is the flying rock snake thing, and only because it runs away. I have, however, killed it when defeating enemies in the post-run battle.

Now for custom parts and 50 hours. I got the message for all the outfits, so those are done. I've gotten the message for 300 custom specials and there are 376 in total, so I'm not too far off from that. But unfortunately I only have 40 headgears and there are over 50, and I rarely get new ones even now...yeah, this could still take a while.

That's where my second Hammer is going to as I've already used the first one for the Koopa Troopa Trophy in Panel Three.

All Star Mode may not be considerable as I never find any Mii Headgear in it and only having about 20 hats.

Edited by PuffPuff

So, guys, as much as it pains the hell out of me to do this, I'm dropping Ike. Yes, you heard me. Anacybele, uber Ike fangirl, is dropping him as a main. I just can't grasp how he plays now. He's fucking terrible thanks to whatever idiot people Sakurai hired to balance the game.

Luigi is my only main now, as a result, and I dislike this. I just don't enjoy playing anyone else as much. I love how he plays now. I just wish Ike had gotten that treatment instead of getting stupidly nerfed.

I'd still like to main more than just Luigi, but at this point, I have no idea who else to use.

So, guys, as much as it pains the hell out of me to do this, I'm dropping Ike. Yes, you heard me. Anacybele, uber Ike fangirl, is dropping him as a main. I just can't grasp how he plays now. He's fucking terrible thanks to whatever idiot people Sakurai hired to balance the game.

Luigi is my only main now, as a result, and I dislike this. I just don't enjoy playing anyone else as much. I love how he plays now. I just wish Ike had gotten that treatment instead of getting stupidly nerfed.

I'd still like to main more than just Luigi, but at this point, I have no idea who else to use.

Yeah, if you really don't like how a characters plays it's best for your own enjoyment to drop them. I wanted to main Captain Falcon back in my Brawl days, but he was just so bad that I couldn't manage it and I ended up switching to Sanic/Marth/Ike. However, you may have a better time with him on the Wii-U version or you might even change your mind if some really cool Ike techniques get discovered.

Edited by Shulk

Hoping that the Wii-U's version will make him easier to use. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

Hoping that the Wii-U's version will make him easier to use. -.-

I doubt it. It would be really nice, but I don't see why they'd change the way characters play between these versions.

There are 45 (mostly) unique characters in the game, so surely there's someone else out there you can feel comfortable with. What about Robin? I remember you were excited for her, how does she feel? Also, never just use a character once or twice and give up on them, it might take a few tries and some experimenting to really get the hang of someone's style. Have you played through Classic/All-Star with everyone? That's at least a good way to start, if only to find out what moves do and which ones are KO moves.

Luigi and Ike are so different in style that I don't think there's anyone I can really suggest you try, but if anything, that's good, because it means you shouldn't be limited to only a certain type. Maybe Shulk will work for you as a new sword user? Even if you can't master switching between all 5 modes (at least right away), surely one of them will work for you.