SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

i was hyped for mewtwo but then i heard "buy both versions". fuck you, nintendo.

wha

I got the impression you get him for "free" for buying both but still able to purchase if you don't. Seems like standard fair.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hyped for mewtwo but then i heard "buy both versions". fuck you, nintendo.

Buy both versions and you get Mewtwo free. He'll probably be buyable DLC if you only have one of the games

wha

I got the impression you get him for "free" for buying both but still able to purchase if you don't. Seems like standard fair.

it's not "free" if you have to buy both games.

Buy both versions and you get Mewtwo free. He'll probably be buyable DLC if you only have one of the games

so i have to spend money to get something that should have been in the game in the first place. it's a whole character, so there shouldn't be any excuse for it.

so i have to spend money to get something that should have been in the game in the first place. it's a whole character, so there shouldn't be any excuse for it.

By what justification should Mewtwo have already been in the game?

Please no word of saying Chrom will be Fem!Robin's Canon wife.

This. Seriously. I don't want any mention of such trash either. >.> I also don't want any mention of either Ike or Geoffrey in Elincia's trophy unless it's just business stuff.

By what justification should Mewtwo have already been in the game?

...right. i still don't think having a playable character as DLC is acceptable by any means. anything else is fine, but a character is HUGE. i'll buy him anyway, of course...

Oh yeah, Kid Icarus gets special treatment in the Wii U version as well through conversations on Palutena's Temple. Wow.

I mean, the game looks great, but seriously?

Well the basis of these conversations come from Kid Icarus: Uprising in a similar manner to how Snake's Codec and Fox/Falco/Wolf's Transmission calls were things that were in their games. I think it's an awesome feature!

...right. i still don't think having a playable character as DLC is acceptable by any means. anything else is fine, but a character is HUGE. i'll buy him anyway, of course...

Yeah but DLC is never a nice topic. People wouldn't complain about it if it was a free patch or something like how Hyrule Warriors added Cia, Wizzro, and Volga after the release of the game. Unless you buy both versions, I suppose you can complain about it, but for those who buy both, this is already a nice bonus on top of the CDs.

Besides if DLC is handled right, all I see it is just helping to support the developers who didn't have to add them to the game. Heck, it's not like we don't already have a HUGE roster of characters. Losing out on a few is not gonna end anyone's life. And it's not like this is an SFxT stunt where Mewtwo and other future characters are already on disc/cartridge, just blocked by a data wall. Seriously, just because Smash is possibly adding DLC does not suddenly make it the game bad.

Edited by Naui

Oh yeah, Kid Icarus gets special treatment in the Wii U version as well through conversations on Palutena's Temple. Wow.

I mean, the game looks great, but seriously?

To be fair, the dialogue was pretty much the best thing about Kid Icarus Uprising. Still, I wish there was more stuff like this on other stages, like, for example, Doc Louis giving Little Mac tips on the Boxing Ring stage.

On another note, I wonder if Ridley DLC is possible. Like I said earlier, it might not be too difficult to upgrade him to playable (to the point that I'm starting to wonder why Sakurai didn't do that). He seems to be more like a giant CPU opponent than a stage hazard already. He even has a stock icon.

Lastly, the stage builder looks awesome this time. I hope there's some way to exchange stages with others (I forget if a way to do that was mentioned), because I suck at drawing. Even if you can't, I'll still have fun messing around and fighting on the random scribbles I draw, of course.

The Direct said that they're eventually going to make it possible to share stages with your friends online, so you don't have to worry about that, Steve. :) Besides, you could do this in Brawl, so it'd be pretty stupid not to make it possible in the Wii U game as well. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Fighting games do it ALL THE TIME, if memory serves. At least in this game, they finished up most everything else and THEN started working on Mewtwo.

HUGE stuff shouldn't be DLC? That's the best kind of DLC.

Well the basis of these conversations come from Kid Icarus: Uprising in a similar manner to how Snake's Codec and Fox/Falco/Wolf's Transmission calls were things that were in their games. I think it's an awesome feature!

The transmissions for the Star Fox trio are minimal and Snake was a special guest character. People have already made all the complaints about the abundance of KI content in the 3DS version, and now we see the Wii U version is getting it, too. I'm sure Uprising is a great game (I actually own it, but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet), but this is just...

Ugh. I'm tired of complaining about KI content and I'm sure people are sick of hearing it, too. It's just hard to ignore it when even more favoritism shows up.

Pit saying the Monado makes he and Palutena look like a "buncha jokers" made my life.

This Direct was pretty amazing overall, as expected. The dual layered stages look crazy, as do the giant stages with danger zones (though some of the larger stages look a little big to see, even for an HD game). Ridley is really being done justice this time, too. He's not playable, but holy smokes is he an extensive boss. Also, the stage builder looks absolutely phenomenal. Seriously, it is so much better than Brawl's (which, unlike most, I actaully enjoyed).

The one thing I'm still wondering about is unlockables. We have 4 more starting characters this time, but seemingly the same roster count as the 3DS game, which leaves only 8 characters as unlockables; less than Melee! And the number of stages starts at 42, seemingly, and we've seen another 2 (correct me if I'm wrong) beyond that. But will there be many more unlockables, or will it be mostly available up front like the roster?

I just discovered that Ike's card has way more likes than any of the others on Facebook so far. We like Ike much? :D Although the genius post with it probably has something to do with it too. lol

Nintendo of UK's twitter seems to be implying that you can get Mewtwo with just one version of the game. You just need to pay for him if you don't have both versions (of course, they don't outright say that, so I could be misinterpreting):

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

>Stage builder

>Smash Tour

>Gigantic Soundtrack

>8-player Smash

>N64 Stages returning

>All dem stages

>MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm really considering selling my 3DS version because it seems super pointless with how much better the Wii U version is. I mean, that's obvious but wow I wasn't expecting it to be this much of a landslide.

There are no words to describe my hype for this game.

wow, Red Fox whining about Kid Icarus content, spare me.

Palutena's Guidance was like the best part of the whole direct, so let ME be happy.

I'm not sorry if my post stopped you from being happy.

Just be happy. Why care what I think?