SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I really don't get why people complain about Kid Icarus over-representation. I find it to be as pointless as people complaining about the existence of clones. Those are the kind of people that I want to tell "You should seriously play Kid Icarus Uprising. It's like the best game in existence and you will love it."

Today's Direct has sold me into getting the Wii U version. Sadly I doubt I will get a Wii U any time soon because I'm in debt with my mom for using her money to get the 3DS version.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's this thing about special Palutena's Temple taunt convos? I guess I missed this in the stream, or was it after the stream stuff?

Like what you could do with Fox/Falco/Wolf on Corneria and Lylat Cruise as well as Snake on Shadow Moses Island, you can initiate a special background conversation on Palutena's Temple if you do this with Pit.

Like what you could do with Fox/Falco/Wolf on Corneria and Lylat Cruise as well as Snake on Shadow Moses Island, you can initiate a special background conversation on Palutena's Temple if you do this with Pit.

Noice.

This. I don't get how Red Fox was jumping the gun either. o.O

EDIT: The Smash site's been updated, guys. ^^

Everyone seems to be assuming moar DLC just from this one confirm. Isn't it a bit too early to be claiming such?

Mewtwo seems more like a bonus for having both systems as opposed to DLC.

Everyone seems to be assuming moar DLC just from this one confirm. Isn't it a bit too early to be claiming such?

considering the fact that Mewtwo is going to be purchasable in Spring of 2015 for those that don't wish to buy both games, i would call it DLC

My confusion came from you saying they have to be on both systems, as though I mentioned Ice Climbers or something. I also only said more characters *can* happen.

What really? Who said that?

I know in the direct, it showed Jigglypuff in the character select, but she's not "confirmed".

it stated that the roster shown on the character select screen was the starting roster

But you can buy Mewtwo. (for those of us who will only have one version) I'll likely be buying him instead of getting the freebie. Theres no telling if or when i get a Wii U.

Do i want more DLC than just the Mewtwo? Sure, why not. Sakurai seems to be really wanting roster equality here, but who knows, they may just say "fuck it" and put the Ice Climbers in anyway. But...im not so sure cuz of 8 Player Smash. /shrug Could you imagine that many Popos and Nanas on the screen? YIKES! Ridley is gonna be a special guest star in a stage, so hes not gonna be DLC. But DLC opens up the possibilities of throwing in a couple of more characters.

As for the Kid Icarus salt, come on guys. The Star Fox stuff is still in there, and it seems that the KI stuff is only in KI stages.

Nintendo of UK's twitter seems to be implying that you can get Mewtwo with just one version of the game. You just need to pay for him if you don't have both versions (of course, they don't outright say that, so I could be misinterpreting):

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

That sounds fair. We can still get Mewtwo without having to 2 buy both versions of the game as well as the hardware while still supporting Nintendo's efforts provided that that is indeed the case.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Nintendo of UK's twitter seems to be implying that you can get Mewtwo with just one version of the game. You just need to pay for him if you don't have both versions (of course, they don't outright say that, so I could be misinterpreting):

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

Why the fuck did i bother reading the comments. UGH

I didn't see any 64 stages. Just Melee and onward.

Battlefield and FD don't count. Those are in every game.

entry13-1.jpg

Third row, far left.

That's Congo Jungle from Melee and Smash 64.

Third row, far left.

Why are there two battlefields(or at least it looks like it)? (I missed the beginning of the direct)

Edited by LuxSpes

Why are there two battlefields(or at least it looks like it)? (I missed the beginning of the direct)

Big Battlefield is a Wii U exclusive stage.

entry13-1.jpg

Third row, far left.

*Kongo. Yes, I'm aware Smash 64 called it Congo. :P.

Huh, I missed that but that's cool.

I only wish for Saffron City and/or Hyrule Castle as well, but I'll take it.

I'd say Planet Zebes and Sector Z, but Brinstar and Cornelia are smaller successors so...yeah.

Saffron City? Hyrule Castle? Fourside? People here have great taste in past stages. All that's missing is Great Bay (seriously, why are the Zelda stages always so great? I can't speak for Gerudo Valley since I don't have the 3DS game, but the only mediocre Zelda stage in Smash history was Bridge of Eldin)

I'm glad most of the stages they brought to the Wii U version are stages that I really like.

75m is still a big why.jpg for me

Edited by kingddd