SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Damn. That is a singing voice. To think that song could ever be this awesome.

And I wish that first line was in Smash. It could for example play whenever you enter the character select screen of Cruel Smash or when you forget that you still have to fight Master Core on 8.0 difficulty.

But at least I am probably going to see it borrowed for other Smash videos.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I might main Peach again. I liked her in Melee, but not much in Brawl, so I dropped her, but she feels more like her Melee self in this game. I don't use her a ton, but I tend to do well with her in For Glory. I might start using her more.

Other than taking her cancellation away in Brawl, she was also better colorized, detailed and petite in Melee than she was in the Brawl game! But...replacing the "Sweet" taunt said by Jen Taylor by "La la la" and men using swords that are too handsome (That Pantsless Marth didn't make it -.-) and were more detailed and colorized than they were in these newer games were telling us that cartoon violence won't effect mature teenagers and adults that much, but it can easily effect young kids who will take in the violence they see on these games/T.V shows was telling us that Nintendo intended to do things like these to take into account to have the Brawl and Smash 4 games possibly E+10 rated! Having Smash with Pantsless Marth would already go to Teen level like they have done with the girls in Melee which Samus in Smash 4 has now gotten that treatment. Why else would no Mii outfits have any revealing clothing? The question is...why shirtless Shulk made it in and not Pantsless Marth and still be rated E+10?

-----

Just got the Neon Suit and all of the Swordfighter outfits in the Jap version. :D

The best way to get these rare random prizes is Target Blast. They often yield rarer prizes and just got the Neon Suit from this mini game. Tried the Classic Mode trick where you press the home button many times during the slot machine part to always land on the red wrenches. Doing this on Difficulty 7.0 or higher often gives you things that you may not have. Didn't find any new Mii outfits and hats lately from other games including Classic Mode. But...the moment I've tried Target Blast, I've got the Neon Suit in less than an hour. Epic drop. Time to see if I can find anything else rare from this Mini game. Target Blast is probably your best bet to getting all of those outfits and hats.

Edited by PuffPuff

screen-6.jpg

GameXplain said that Wuhu Island would be in Super Smash Bros for Wii U yesterday, because of the Pic of the Day. This was Nintendo's April Fool's joke. Not so joking anymore, huh?

screen-6.jpg

GameXplain said that Wuhu Island would be in Super Smash Bros for Wii U yesterday, because of the Pic of the Day. This was Nintendo's April Fool's joke. Not so joking anymore, huh?

It does look awesome though, if I may say.

Does anyone want to see swimming come back in Smash Wii U?

Yes. I can see why they took it away but overall I think it's a nice little mechanic that doesn't change the game negatively in any major way.

Is it something everyone already knows that I'm only recently finding out that the losing items mechanic for losses in Classic mode prioritizes new things like custom specials? The last 5 times I've gotten a new custom special in classic mode and then ended up with a loss, that one custom special just had to be one of the ones lost.

I just screwed up badly on Master Hand with Game & Watch (he used his card attack; got me once because I thought I was off a card and started moving the other way too soon, got me the second time because I respawned faster than I expected and didn't react in time), and of the two items I lost, one of them just had to be the only new custom special I had gotten in that run when there were ten other things I could have lost that I didn't give a shit about.

It's already annoying enough how uncommon some of these collectibles are, to do this is just infuriating.

Is it something everyone already knows that I'm only recently finding out that the losing items mechanic for losses in Classic mode prioritizes new things like custom specials? The last 5 times I've gotten a new custom special in classic mode and then ended up with a loss, that one custom special just had to be one of the ones lost.

I just screwed up badly on Master Hand with Game & Watch (he used his card attack; got me once because I thought I was off a card and started moving the other way too soon, got me the second time because I respawned faster than I expected and didn't react in time), and of the two items I lost, one of them just had to be the only new custom special I had gotten in that run when there were ten other things I could have lost that I didn't give a shit about.

It's already annoying enough how uncommon some of these collectibles are, to do this is just infuriating.

I've "noticed" the same thing but I've been assuming it's negativity bias

while on the one hand it'd be cool to do some tests, on the other I don't relish the prospect of losing rare customs

I once had a bunch of new custom moves and equipment on a 9.0 difficulty but it dropped 5 of my equipment customs rather than any of my new custom moves. I don't know if it was just luck of the draw though.

So my game got here today....

And it doesn't work on my XL. Oh most joyous occasions, even if I already updated EVERYTHING.

I'll go back to my mom's tomorrow and play it on my original 3DS, but still, it kind of hurts.

What? That's really weird. Something funky is up because I saw a lot of people playing the game on XLs when I went to a local GameStop for the open tournament they were having. I'm afraid it's either something with your XL or something with your copy of the game.

And it doesn't work on my XL. Oh most joyous occasions, even if I already updated EVERYTHING.

I'll go back to my mom's tomorrow and play it on my original 3DS, but still, it kind of hurts.

Is it a defective cart? You need to test it on the other 3DS, cuz it could be the cart. This happened with Awakening, where i got a defective cart and it would keep loading the game on the 3DS menu, but keep cycling like it wasnt reading it properly.

Is it a defective cart? You need to test it on the other 3DS, cuz it could be the cart. This happened with Awakening, where i got a defective cart and it would keep loading the game on the 3DS menu, but keep cycling like it wasnt reading it properly.

No, the demo won't work on my XL either.

Someone told me that it's likely my XL has some faulty RAM, and that's the most likely explanation to me.

No, the demo won't work on my XL either.

Someone told me that it's likely my XL has some faulty RAM, and that's the most likely explanation to me.

Welp. Thats just the pits, mate.

That's interesting. I wouldn't have expected them to be so cruel about that.

It's just intriguing to take so much time to be able to get at least most things with most of them being totally random to make it even worse. -.- I'm just glad that I didn't lose my Fancy Suit when I've lost to the master hand since that was the very last suit that I needed to complete my collection. (I quit after I lost and have kept it) I already have all 21 of them and are working on getting the rest of the hats which I've got over 40 now! (Jap Version) Sometimes whenever you lose, it's better to not continue so you don't lose anything. That's what I did to keep my Frog hat. :D

But either way, were talking serious hours (like 50+) to get most/all of the customs, trophies, Mii hats and uniforms.

Got the Karate Uniform and Fancy Suit today and I've got the message in the Jap version saying that I've got all the suits.

You have to update the XL to have the game playable on it.

I've had the same problem and after I've updated it, it was playable. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Sometimes whenever you lose, it's better to not continue so you don't lose anything.

You sure about this? I've lost a new Mii equipment once when I chose not to continue and it took me several tries to get that same item again.

You sure about this? I've lost a new Mii equipment once when I chose not to continue and it took me several tries to get that same item again.

If your below 4 items I believe...you don't lose anything. I only had 4 during the tryout. If you've already got something new and are below 4, you shouldn't lose anything if you choose not to continue. But...if you have over that, you lose maybe 2 items or so whenever you choose not to continue, but you get to keep everything else. But...it is recommended to do so whenever that you've obtained a new Mii equip/Custom move, so that you don't lose more shit if you lose the battle again. ...And this is common on the higher difficulties. I'd go somewhat around 7.0-7.5 with your customed character. My customed Ike is much faster and can nearly dish out as much damage as before. His statistics are all around 20ish+'s. He's now my personnel Classic Mode character to get the stuff in. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

2jAzu2A.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoTUvptDQ

Edited by kingddd